Complain To Fsa About Redemption Charges

claude76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

everyone should complain to the fsa about mortgage redemptions i did the more the better the chance heres the email reply i got back.

you can do it online

Dear Craig

Thank you for your emails of 8 June 2007.

About your Enquiry

I understand that you have contacted the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to express your concerns regarding mortgage lenders. I note that you are specifically concerned with Early Redemption Charges (ERCs), deposit requirements and administration charges. Your letter has explained that you believe that these costs and requirements represent an industry wide concern for UK borrowers.

Providing Information and Comment to the FSA

We welcome information from consumers which could highlight wider concerns that could affect our regulatory activities. Whether we act on it will depend on the risks posed to our objectives, the quality of the evidence and the seriousness of the accusations.

I have passed the information you have given us to the relevant policy department within the FSA, for their consideration. Please note that we are unable to confirm the progress of any investigation, as the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 imposes restrictions on us which require us to keep such matters confidential.

I realise this can be frustrating but please be assured that all information is carefully considered before we decide what action, if any, we take.

Further information

As you are aware, the FSA is the regulatory authority for UK mortgage providers. The FSA also has the power to consider the fairness of default charges and administration charges under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (the Regulations). If you wish to make a direct complaint about the charges made by your mortgage provider, you may wish to read our factsheet - challenging unfair contract terms. This factsheet also explains the process you need to follow if you have a complaint against a regulated firm and are seeking compensation - www.moneymadeclear.fsa.go v.uk/pdfs/unfair_contract.pdf

The FSA welcomes concerns, and often reviews current industry practices. Recently, the FSA issued a press release in relation to Mortgage Exit Administration Fees (MEAFs), another type of mortgage administration charge. I have included a link to this statement as an example of the work that we undertake in reviewing industry practises - www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2007/012.shtml

If you have not already done so, you may also wish to contact the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML), the trade association for the mortgage lending industry. CML regularly represents the UK mortgage industry in matters of industry wide concerns and policies - www.cml.org.uk/cml/policy

Also, for more information on our role and remit, please read our factsheet ‘Introduction to the Financial Services Authority – information for consumers’: http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.go v.uk/pdfs/fsa_who.pdf.

I hope that you have this further information helpful.

We are interested in finding out about people’s views and experiences of the services offered by the Consumer Contact Centre. As a result, we employ a research agency to help us, and they may contact you, via the telephone, to see if you would be prepared to take part in a short telephone interview. If you do receive a phone call you are under no obligation to complete the survey. Please rest assured that your details will remain confidential and will not be used for any other purposes; we are not trying to sell you any financial products or service, and no sales call will result from this.

If you do not wish to take part in any of our surveys, please call the Consumer Contact Centre on 0845 602 2185 (call rates may vary), or complete the contact us form using the following link http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.go v.uk/contactus.aspx, and we will ensure that your details are not passed on to the research agency.

Yours sincerely

A Franks (Mr)

Consumer Contact Centre

Regulatory Services Business Unit

Financial Services Authority

Consumer Helpline: 0845 602 2185 (call rates may vary)

www.moneymadeclear.fsa.go v.uk

Get clear, impartial information from the UK's financial watchdog.

No selling. No jargon. Just the facts