Debt collector threat for daughters debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry to bother you all here. I am looking for some advice re a debt that my daughter has accrued and done nothing about.

It is with lowell financial and my first post is at this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/79132-lowell-financial-my-daughter.html

I followed the advice of the poster on that thread and sent a letter recorded delivery claiming that my daughter does not reside with us. I also cancelled the direct debit my wife had set up.

My daughter does stay with us from time to time when she is no longer welcome at other friends houses but she doesn't live with us permanently. My wife opened a letter informing my daughter that they were sending debt collectors around to our house to seize goods and i am not sure of the legality of this. It is my house, my daughter is 24 and not living with us and has no goods here that belong to her. She has used our address to enter into phone contracts and such without my blessing and i am worried now that this is lighting a beacon if you like to Lowell!!

I hope someone has some sage advice that my wife will take notice of, because she won't listen to me when i tell her to stop sending money to Lowell!!

Regards Richard

Richard,

Just read original post and quite correctly, you have sent RD letter advising daughter no longer lives at the address.

Whatever you do DO NOT allow them into your house. Do not continue paying Lowells - it is NOT your debt. Lowells will not care how they get the money and unfortunately your wife is playing into their hands by paying them. They are just trying it on as they cannot legally enforce the debt on someone else.

I would not want to comment on personal circumstances between you an your daughter but if you do not want to pay her debts then there is absolutelty no way Lowells can enforce the debt on you or your wife.

If they do turn up at the door, send them packing & and if they refuse, report them for harrasment. As I said though, DO NOT let them into your house. They have no legal entitlement.

Trust this helps in the meantime as I'm sure one of our resident experts will provide a fuller explaination.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Lowlife have no power of entry to seize goods or property without a registered bailiff & a bailiff doesn't have that power without a court order giving a warrant of execution.

Obviously Lowlife are up to their usual tricks! Make a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman, the Office of Fair Trading & your local Trading Standards. The more complaints these departments receive about Lowlife the better!

usual crap from them.

just shows again and again how bad they really are!

as said, they have no powers, AT ALL!

totally ignore them. and report them now.

i would also get back all the money your wife has paid them too!

that was paid under duress and threats, totally OT!

total up the payments and put that in the FO complaint as well

write a letter to lowlife & demand it back threatening court action if they do not.

how awful ,

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...