Giley V Barclays

Giley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I would like to introduce myself and hope to get to know some of you on here whilst we go through our journey of reclaiming bank charges - :D

Well I posted on here yesterday but for a CCJ that I was querying for my partner but now we have the statements through so we can start reclaiming back his charges.

We only received Mar 2001 (when he started with them) until Set 03 today - am I to assume that the rest will follow?

Also, it appears that there are three types of charges:

Unauthorised OD fee

Unpaid OUT

Paid referral

Do you know if we need to claim for all 3 types of charges? we were not sure what the last two mean!

Thanks in advance for your help - I have read some of your posts which I have already found encouraging and helpful

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - sent 13 April

Statements received - 7-8 June

Prelim letter - sent 15 June

Prelim letter response - received 21 June

LBA - sent 3 July

Another prelim response - 13 July

N1 FORM filed in court on 31 Dec

Barclays filed defence 22 Jan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Giley,

Welcome to CAG. Yes you can claim all three

Jo

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Hi Jo

Thanks for getting back to me - Do you reckon they will send the next batch of statements? It seems odd to only send up to 2003. Mind you, I think they would have had trouble fitting them all in one envelope :D

LBA - sent 3 July

Hi Giley,

They did manage to squeeze my dad's into one envelope, but from what I've read, they can turn up in dribs and drabs. You're lucky you've only had to ask once, I had to send the initial SAR, an LBA threatening court action and three e-mails before I got a sniff of the statements. I'm sure they're probably on their way. How long have they got left to supply you with the full set?

Jo

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Hi Giley,

They did manage to squeeze my dad's into one envelope, but from what I've read, they can turn up in dribs and drabs. You're lucky you've only had to ask once, I had to send the initial S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), an LBA threatening court action and three e-mails before I got a sniff of the statements. I'm sure they're probably on their way. How long have they got left to supply you with the full set?

Jo

Well , we send the letter off on 13 April, so time is running out for them...

Sounds like you have had fun with Barclays! Have far have you got with your claim?

LBA - sent 3 July

Hi Giley,

They did manage to squeeze my dad's into one envelope, but from what I've read, they can turn up in dribs and drabs. You're lucky you've only had to ask once, I had to send the initial S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), an LBA threatening court action and three e-mails before I got a sniff of the statements. I'm sure they're probably on their way. How long have they got left to supply you with the full set?

Jo

Well , we send the letter off on 13 April, so time is running out for them...

Sounds like you have had fun with Barclays! Have far have you got with your claim?

LBA - sent 3 July

Hi Giley,

It took nearly 60 days to get the statements and I have just sent off my preliminary letter. I must say that the Customer Service department who dealt with my e-mails were very prompt and the statements turned up within days of sending the first e-mail and we got a letter of apology/explanation, so if you want to chase, try contacting them by e-mail, it may hurry things along for you. If you sent the letter on 13th April, they should have sent the statements to you by the beginning of June (if my calculations are correct):confused: . I would send the Letter Before Action threatening them with court action if they do not comply fully with your request and tell them that you will report them to the Information Commissioner. Try the e-mail route as well, it worked for me

Jo

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Hi Jo

Thanks for getting back to me - Do you reckon they will send the next batch of statements? It seems odd to only send up to 2003. Mind you, I think they would have had trouble fitting them all in one envelope :D

Mine came in 3 envolopes... so watch out for postie again today

Actualy i am a bit disgusted by the way barclay's send them, Bearing in mind the nature of the contents of the envolopes. Capital one, for example, sent statements to me via special delivery which must have cost them a bob or two

Hi Giley,

It took nearly 60 days to get the statements and I have just sent off my preliminary letter. I must say that the Customer Service department who dealt with my e-mails were very prompt and the statements turned up within days of sending the first e-mail and we got a letter of apology/explanation, so if you want to chase, try contacting them by e-mail, it may hurry things along for you. If you sent the letter on 13th April, they should have sent the statements to you by the beginning of June (if my calculations are correct):confused: . I would send the Letter Before Action threatening them with court action if they do not comply fully with your request and tell them that you will report them to the Information Commissioner. Try the e-mail route as well, it worked for me

Jo

You are right they should have sent them all by now! We shall leave it until Monday and then contact them... or try the email route - thanks

LBA - sent 3 July

Actualy i am a bit disgusted by the way barclay's send them, Bearing in mind the nature of the contents of the envolopes. Capital one, for example, sent statements to me via special delivery which must have cost them a bob or two

I know what you mean! Also, my partner asked his mum to write him a cheque to send for the statements & when he got the statements yesterday, the letter was addressed to his MUM!!!! So she opened them thinking they were for her but the envelope contained all his statements. It was the last thing that he wanted her to be looking at. VERY naughty mix up on Barclays account, don't you think???

LBA - sent 3 July

I don't think it would hurt to mention this somewhere along the line, data protection and all that!!

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

I don't think it would hurt to mention this somewhere along the line, data protection and all that!!

I think I should mention this as I think it is pretty poor of them to send his statements to his mum!!!!!

The rest of the statements have turned up, looks like there is approx. 2k to claim back!

LBA - sent 3 July

Nice :) ... Put in a complaint to the information commissionaire about the statements being delivered addressed to the wrong person

Hi Saintly, do you reckon that it's worth doing then?

Any ideas on what to say and do I also complain to Barclays, seperate to the reclaiming of bank charges?

LBA - sent 3 July

Thanks for the information.

Do you think I should wait until we have (hopefully) got his money back from Barclays before we make a complaint? Not sure if I want to rock the boat...

LBA - sent 3 July

Hey, they can not retaliate because you are complaining,

These are two seperate issues

1. You reclaiming unfair bank charges.

2. You complaining about the release of personal data to a third party.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hey, they can not retaliate because you are complaining,

These are two seperate issues

1. You reclaiming unfair bank charges.

2. You complaining about the release of personal data to a third party.

Hi there

I think I will complain then.. although I am sure that all that will happen is that Barclays will get a slapped wrist from the ICO!

LBA - sent 3 July

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Just a quick update - we have sent the Letter before action to Barclays on Saturday - asking for approx 2.6k!

At the end of the letter, we also mentioned that his statements were addressed to his mum and have asked for an explanation as to why this happened and that it has caused my partner an awful amount of stress, now she knows how his account has been run over the last 6 years. Whoops...

I will also be making a complaint to the ICO... once we have made some movement with claiming back these bank charges. :D

LBA - sent 3 July

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I hope you are well!

Just an update of where my partner and I are with Barclays.

Had a letter this morning from Poonam Ralah, basically thanking us for the letter they received on 18 June (we sent it recorded delivery) and that whilst they will endeavour to responsd within the 14 day timescale, they cannot guarantee it. They aim to find a solution within 4 weeks & a full report or an update on their progress will be sent within 8 weeks!!!

I have read before that it is US that sets the timescales and not them & somehow they have turned this around.

What should we do, wait for this length of time or send the letter before action!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Giley

LBA - sent 3 July

It's your timescales, so continue onwards when their time is up. There are some people that have waited the eight weeks and have received a reasonable offer, but there is obviously no guarantee that they will make you an offer.

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

It's your timescales, so continue onwards when their time is up. There are some people that have waited the eight weeks and have received a reasonable offer, but there is obviously no guarantee that they will make you an offer.

Thanks Russjo, just not quite sure what to do for the best here! When I do send the next letter, shall I send it to the person who has just sent the reply? He looks like a customer relations advisor?

LBA - sent 3 July