Purplebiro VS Lloyds TSB Plc ** WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I submitted my Moneyclaim against Lloyds last night so thought I'd register here and get myself as prepared as possible. Knowing my luck Lloyds will defend to the hilt so any advice you can give me will be gratefully received.

To give you an idea of progress so far:

Inital request for statements: 4th April 2007

List of charges returned from Lloyds: 17th May 2007

Request for repayment with schedule of charges: 19th May 2007

Letter received from Lloyds stating charges lawful: 28th May 2007

Letter threatening court action: 29th May 2007

No response to date

Moneyclaim issued: 12th June 2007

A couple of quick questions:

I only have a list of the charges sent in response to my request for statements by the bank. Do I need statements if I go to court? I can only get a few years online which will only cover about 10% of the charges.

I completed the Moneyclaim last night and it was accepted this morning. How long do I have to give Lloyds to respond before I apply for a default judgement - is it 14 days from today (the day the claim was accepted) or 5 days for the claim to be served and then another 14 days?

Thanks in advance! I'm determined to do this as quickly and painlessly as possible - probably very naive!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE.

Checked MCOL yesterday and it seems that LLoyds have acknowledged the claim. I haven't had a letter yet so presumably it only happened in the last few days.

Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is send my schedule of charges to Lloyds solicitors? Should I wait until I get the letter from MCOL confirming the claim has been acknowledged before I do that?

Also, is there anything else that you would advise doing now in anticipation of Lloyds submitting their defence?

To reiterate my previous question:

I only have a list of the charges sent in response to my request for statements by the bank. Do I need statements if I go to court? I can only get a few years online which will only cover about 10% of the charges.

Thanks for any help. I will update on progress if and when there is any.

Hi

Wait until you receive a letter with the Solicitors address on, then send them a copy of your schedule.

The list of charges should be fine if it gets that far.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi

Wait until you receive a letter with the Solicitors address on, then send them a copy of your schedule.

The list of charges should be fine if it gets that far.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

Will do! Thanks!

UPDATE:

Just checked MCOL and it seems Lloyds have entered a defence - before I even had a chance to send them a copy of the schedule of charges I sent to the court!

Should I just wait for the letter to come through from MCOL about how to proceed? How do I proceed?!

Sorry to seem so ignorant but I was banking on Lloyds following previous form and leaving everything to the last minute - thus affording my ample time to brush up on how best to prepare a defence, now I'm feeling very vulnerable!

Can anyone point me to some good guides on what to expect now?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Inital request for statements: 4th April 2007

List of charges returned from Lloyds: 17th May 2007

Request for repayment with schedule of charges: 19th May 2007

Letter received from Lloyds stating charges lawful: 28th May 2007

Letter threatening court action: 29th May 2007

No response to date

Moneyclaim issued: 12th June 2007

Claim acknowledged: 21st June 2007

Defence filed by Lloyds TSB: 26th June 2007

Transfered to local court: 2nd July 2007

Have today received Lloyds TSB's defence and a notice from Northampton that it has been sent to my local court.

Also a notice saying that the "allocation questionairre be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise".

Couple of questions:

NOW WHAT?!?! Will I be contacted when a court date is set - do I have send papers to the court?

Does this mean I still have to pay an allocation fee? Do I need to call my local court to do this?

Can someone send me a copy of the standard 9 point defence? My defence does have 9 points but I want to check that there are no differences.

My local court is Manchester County Court - anyone have any experiences there to relay?

Q1 - Yes the court will contact you

Q2 - Yes - the fee is for allocation and not the questionnaire. Only payable if claim is over £1500 though - and reclaimable from LTSB when they settle

Q3 - Sorry I don't understand the question

Q4 - Do a search there are many instances where people have posted the defence in full - sounds fine though if it is onlt 9 points

Q5 - I have no experience of Manchester County Court - but I'm sure if you search the site there will be plenty of cases that have been settled there

Hi Purplebiro

you are in the same boat as me.

I have received transfer of proceedings together with defence back on the 20th June and today i received a Notice of Directions of Hearing which is to take place on the 22nd August. It basically just says that i should attend. They dont ask me to produce anything or send them anything so i am guessing i just have to turn up.

I have seen from other posts on this sight that it might be an idea to write to SC&M offering them a chance to settle out of Court so i am going to send them a letter tomorrow.

I think i will go to the Court prepared with all correspondence and lits of charges etc but i dont know what to expect i'm hoping that Lloyds will settle before the Court date.

Have you received your court date yet and are they asking you for anything or just telling you to attend???

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing and it doesn't look like I will for a while - see my post here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/104865-useful-info-fellow-mancs.html?highlight=mancs

Has anyone got any tactics for pushing SC&M to settle? I want the full amount of money but it's a long rime to wait...

hi purplebiro

in all honesty i dont think there is anything u can do to make them pay any earlier and if u start harrassing them as it were it could delay it even more.

this is the worst part now "the waiting game"

a settlement could be with u this week or they can leave it till november there really isno way of telling.:-|

Hi purplebiro I'm at a similar stage to you. It really is frustrating having to wait but it will be worth it in the end. At least there's a bit of excitement every day when the postie comes!!!!As I've seen many times on this site patience is a virtue.

P.S I'm a Manc myself but my claim is being dealt with by Altrincham:)

Well would you beleive it!

After yesterday deciding just to be patient and wait my turn I came home tonight to a letter from SC&M offering full settlement!

I will take their offer but just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your help. Good luck to all of you - I hope you all get the money you deserve and that eventually the banks will stop lying about their exploitation of financially vulerable people.