jo2308 v Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've not posted before but have done lots of reading - what a brilliant resource!

I've been attempting to retrieve my bank changes from 2 halifax accounts. One adds up to around £2500 and the other nearly £1600. I've written the two letters and just had the standard 'the charges are correct, they're what you signed up for...' letter so have issued court proceedings on one account (I can't afford to do it on both at the same time because of the court costs).

They were issued on the 4th June and I've had no response via the mail. How will I know if the Halifax have put in a defense? Will it be in wrtiting or via the moneyclaim website? I've looked on there but the status is still showing as issued.

What's the likely next steps that the Halifax will take? I've noticed from many posts that they tend to settle before the date - I'm a bit concerned that there's only a few more days left before it becomes a default. I also noticed that some people have had results through phoning the legal team - is it worth me doing that at this stage or waiting a few more days to see if they do anything on their own valition?

Thanks in advance

Jo

YOur getting a bit ahead of yourself here

they have 14 days to acknowledge the claim then a further 14 days to submit a defence.

If it was demed served on the 4th then they have upto the 18th to acknowledge, check MCOL then.

Sometimes the times on MCOL can allow then to enter details a few daysa late as well

Paul

Hi I filed n1 form to the court on the 23rd may and it was acknowledged on the 1st june, i rang the legal dept 01422 396016 and was told that i would recieve a letter of settlement this week, have you got a case number from mcol? lorraine x

Hi

I've got a case number and logged onto moneyclaim online today and Halifax have achknowledged the claim. Would you recommend I call the legal dept? What should I say?

Sorry to sound a bit dim but never been in this position before

Jo

if they have acknowledges the claim, they now have 28 days from being deemed served.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi

I've got a case number and logged onto moneyclaim online today and Halifax have achknowledged the claim. Would you recommend I call the legal dept? What should I say?

Jo

read this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html

Hi

Jo

Hi Jo

The best thing you can do at the momment is wait.

halifax have aknowledged your claim, and now have 28 days from the date it was deemed served, to either defend your claim or pay out.

The good news is your claiming from a bank (Halifax) that up until now has taken a stance, that in most cases they would rather settle out of court with the claimant, than justify their penalty charges in a court of law.

So there is no need to call the legal department just yet

Good luck

Carl;)

Halifax claim acknowledged 22/05/07

Defence due by

18/06/07

The clock is ticking;)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in update - I've been pc less for the past 3 weeks. The Halifax paid me in full - 1 day before the claim was up! I'm so please - AND have been able to buy myself a new pc to replace the one that's given up the ghost on me.

I've completed the survey and made a donation - I have one other question. How to I withdraw the claim on moneyclaim online? Or can I just leave it? Advice would be very gratefully received.

Jo

Blimey jo2308, well done:D Gosh, it wasn't this easy back in the day, I figure the banks are finally getting the hang of things!!!!!!

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

CONGRATULATIONS....!!!!!

That is fantastic, well done. :D :D

Thankyou for the donation. So do you have any more to go after??? ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I've got one more account to go after myself and I've just sent first demand letter on behalf of my partner. I'm amazed at how easy it was - but I can understand how people can get intimidated by the letters the banks send - thank goodness for this site!

So if you're unsure whether to go for it - my advice is JUST DO IT!