• Tweets

• Could I please have some help putting a defence together, I have tweaked the defence which DX kindly helped me with from my other ongoing case, here is what I have so far   The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017. It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had in the past a contractual relationship with Barclays Bank. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars therefore I am unable to admit or deny the alleged debt claimed. I do not recall the precise details or agreement and have sought verification from the claimant who has not complied with my requests for further information.   3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by Barclays Bank and received by the Defendant.   4. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or Barclays Bank. 5. On receipt of this claim on the 25/08/2021 I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request and CCA1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. PRA Group (UK) LTD is yet to respond in relation to the CPR 31.14 request. To date, 20/09/2021, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;   6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.   7. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.   8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • The SARs letters will be as follows (via emails)   to DCB Legal:  (a) I am seeking debt advice but I deny any debt and the case must be put 'on hold' for not less than 30 days under the PAP for debt claims 2017. (b) I have sent your client a SAR (c) also confirm your correct 'address for service' if you've moved and the PPC has two addresses. (not relevant as they are writing to our current address)   to UK Parking Control Ltd: - ALL photos taken - all letters/emails sent and received, including any appeal correspondence earlier - all data held, all evidence they will rely on, and a full copy of the PCN, NTK - and a list of all PCNs outstanding against you and/or this VRN, and remind them that any claim must be for all PCNs, not several separate claims.   Are these OK, do I need to add anything?  Do I need to say that nobody remembers this?   Thank you
    • Managing directors at business advisory firm Quantuma have been appointed administrators of Derby County amid the ongoing financial problems at the football clubView the full article
    • Hi there. There has been a rash of recent adverts on social media about car finance miss-selling, overcharging of interest and secret commission. Admittedly, these all point towards no win no fee sharks, who would do anything to make a fast buck. However, I wonder if there is any mileage in pursuing something like this. Both my with and I have had varying PCP agreements over the past few years, namely Ford Credit, Black Horse, Oodle Finance, Moneybarn, and First Response Finance. With Black Horse, I recently submitted a VT on my vehicle, was told it would be £1800 settlement as I had paid less than half the PCP agreement. However, upon inspection (and coupled with a recent increase in use car values), the final settlement was less than £400. I couldn't afford to pay all this in one go, but they happily set up a payment plan for me over six months. They also happily placed a default on my account - after telling me on the phone - but without sending me the required default notice.   Any advice on how to claim for miss-selling on any PCP agreement would be really helpful, and especially help with Black Horse. I have looked around the site, but couldn't find anything - could well have looked in the wrong place.   Many thanks.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Abbey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I began the claim in january, went to court in April at Northampton. The case was transferred to Chorley and now along with many others to Preston.

Have you any idea what is happening?

The bank have decided not to renew my overdraft facility in August in a different account. Are they allowed to do this?

Can anyone advise

Jimbib1

jimbib1,

WELCOME TO THE CONSUMER ACTION

GROUP

You have taken the first step to claiming what is

rightfully yours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Take time to read the FAQ's and the Step by Step

guide as this will make you claim easier to

understand and implement.There are template

letters available in the Template library.These

are all proven to be successful with many claims

before. It is advisable to make yourself familiar with

the site and its layout. This will enable you to

access information and help for your claim. Look at

the bank or appropriate thread related to your

claim. This will familiarise you with the particular

problems associated with that organisation.

Everything is here for you to launch a successful

claim, but this is a SELF- HELP site. Which means

you have to do the work. We are here to help and assist you. However do not be scared to ask any

questions however petty they may seem to you.

PLEASE START A THREAD IN THE

BANK /ORGANISATION OF YOUR CLAIM.

this makes your claim easier to follow and

give assistance to.

ALL AT THE CONSUMER ACTION GROUP

WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU GOOD LUCK

WITH YOUR CLAIM.

A -to -Z guide

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/site-

questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-

youre.html#post436526

Bank templates library

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-

templates-library/

Got a court date ?

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

Business claims

Business Claims - basic guide

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.