• Tweets

• Hi everyone   Yesterday I got an email from the councillor I'd first contacted, asking me if things had improved. I thought I'd show you all my reply:     "Thank you very much for contacting me. Unfortunately, my original message to you achieved absolutely nothing (though I'm sure you did your best). I have made further efforts to fix this problem, but to no avail, and it has got to the point where I feel I'm just talking to myself. I contacted the Worcester News and they ran an article, but when they approached Platform Housing, its response was totally unhelpful. I contacted my MP, Harriett Baldwin, but she got the same unhelpful response when she approached them. I then emailed Elizabeth Froude, Platform's CEO, but she did not reply. I emailed her again, with the same result. Platform is simply refusing to enter into any dialogue whatsoever. Its chief excuse regarding this change to our computer setup is that they want to protect residents' information, but I am deeply sceptical about this, because for one thing, they actually removed residents' long-standing protection a long time before they made this change. When I first came to The Firs, anyone who wanted a private account on the computer could have one: this meant that when you switched the computer on, you saw several icons with usernames beside them, you clicked on yours, then put in your own unique password to get into the computer. If you needed to save the odd file, this was in your account only, behind that password an inaccessible to other residents. But a couple of years ago, this was all changed: suddenly there were no private accounts, and not even a password to get onto the computer. If you saved a file, it was there for all to see, so you had to remember to copy it onto a USB stick then delete it from the computer, or just download the information directly onto the USB stick from the Web. But if you wanted your information secure, that was no problem. But now they've locked us out of the computer with Kiosk Mode in the name of security, and as you can see from what I've just written, it appears to be a bogus excuse. Platform has supplied a printer, but it's useless to us. There's no paper, we don't even know if there's ink, and worst of all, there's no way of knowing how it interfaces with the present setup of the computer. If I wanted to print out an email right now, I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do it, and I'm one of the most computer-savvy people here. The other problems persist: 1) No copying and pasting. If I wanted to insert a link into this email, it would be impossible. I'm going to give you a link to a Platform Housing publication later on, but the only reason I'll be able to do it is because I've borrowed someone's laptop to write this message. 2) No ad-blocker. The Chrome browser had an ad-blocker that worked fine, but now they've switched us to the Edge browser, we're plagued with ads. Some websites are almost unusable. The Daily Mail and Guardian, for instance, are full of animated popups that distract the eye, and the Mail has so many ads, the whole screen jumps up and down as the ads load, for minutes on end. Youtube videos are interrupted ever couple of minutes or so. The thing is, Edge has its own ad-blocker, made by Microsoft, but Platform will not enable it, and we can't enable it ourselves, as all controls are locked away from us. I've asked Platform to enable it, but just got a flat refusal. 3) We still can't upload anything from outside the computer. For instance, if I were seeking your help on a matter that was affecting my health, and I needed to show you a letter from my GP, until recently that would have been easy: just scan it, put in onto a USB stick, write an email to you and attach the letter. Now, that is simply impossible. One very important thing to note is that in its treatment of Firs residents, Platform Housing is going against everything it claims to stand for when it comes to digital inclusion for its tenants. Here is a pdf of its 'mission statement' (which, I should remind you, I could not even link you to using the Firs computer): https://www.platformhg.com/download.cfm?doc=docm93jijm4n6904.pdf&ver=10036 Its treatment of Firs residents renders this publication meaningless. I hope you will contact Platform again and try to get its staff to engage with us. Thank you."   I copied Platform Housing's CEO into the message. Probably won't do any good, but it's made me feel that at least I'm trying.
    • Did you just put this on the front of the postage label? Barclays Bank Free post Barclays Customer Relations  
    • My partner knew I was using their staff pass. It was a stupid but collective decision. I just want a better understanding how severe the repercussions could be for the both of us individually. We are aware my partner could lose their job, but could my partner get a Fraud charge? 
    • We believe this firm may be providing financial services or products in the UK without our authorisation. Find out why you should be wary of dealing with this unauthorised firm and how to protect yourself.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Me against LTSB in Guildford on 14th June

jburchell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been watching your thread well done:D

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Made claim on line, LTSB's solicitors put in an acknowledgement 1 day before the 14 day expiry, giving them a further 14 days, they then filed their defence this Monday, stating that they were defending the full claim meaning that I could not proceed further online and would receive the court forms through the post. Today I received a letter from Northampton CC to say that LTSB had paid my claim in full direct to my account £805!. Went in to close a/c immediately, LTSB gave me just over £7- ! A/c was in effect £342 overdrawn and had gone to their debt collector subsidiary company to collect this amount just after I lodged my online claim. Upon querying balance LTSB informed me that they had transferred the remaining balance to my LTSB credit card automatically leaving me with a pint and a game of pool. But at least they paid and it cleared the account and the account is CLOSED ! :rolleyes:

Well done!!! its so good to see threads like this as i am going to court soon with LTSB.

I have a quick question though, did you have to explain yourself/your case to the judge or did he just tell you that LTSB were paying and that was that?

What about the other 2 people you mention where the defence did not turn up. did they have to explain the case or did the judge Automaticly pass judgement in their favour?

FJ

Father Jack, I didn't have to explain my case (and neither did the other two). It seems as though the way that the courts are dealing with these now, they just want to get through them as quickly as possible - hence 150 cases listed at the same time! He had a letter from LTSB that I hadn't received yet stating that they were paying.

The judges comments about the other 2 were 'well if they can't be bothered to turn up, then I'll strike out their defence and award in your favour'. Of course, the bank do still have the option to appeal - but that's probably unlikely.

• Haha 1

Nationwide Current a/c - MCOL filed 16/8/06 - Refunded 1/9/06

Lloyds TSB CC#1 - Failed to respond in full to Data Protection Act. Awaiting date of court hearing

Lloyds TSB CC#2 - Awaiting date of court hearing

Marbles CC - Refunded at LBA stage £100!!!

Citi CC - Date of hearing set at 15/1/07

MBNA (Abbey) CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full on day Abbey had to acknowledge claim!

Capital One CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full 17/8/06!

Abbey Current a/c - Awaiting date of court hearing

HFC Loan - MCOL filed 25/8/06 - Refunded 8/9/06

hey, thanks for the reply.

I have a feeling chester court have the same view, my letter from them says that other claims have been booked in on the same day but 150 seems a bit excessive!!! although i bet most of them were settled before the court date.

Congrats on winning now go buy yourself somthing nice!!

FJ

• 2 weeks later...

oops

Lloyds TSB CC#1 - Failed to respond in full to Data Protection Act. Awaiting date of court hearing

MBNA (Abbey) CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full on day Abbey had to acknowledge claim!

Surprise surprise! No costs have been received from Lloyds TSB. Today was the last day before they should have paid up!

Methinks I need to send the bailiffs in!

Anyone have any advice on this? On investigation, I seem to need to fill in form n323 but does anyone recommend contacting the bank in advance?