style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Of all the dozens of forum sites I use either regularly, or occasionally, this site is the only one that is set up so that (in Opera at least), pages cache even when they've changed.

It makes the site extremely awkward to use.

With any other site you can go to the index page and click on any changed thread and get the updated thread.

With this one you have to:

1) Click on a link to the index

2) Wait for the index to start loading

3) Refresh the index

4) Click on the updated thread title

5) Wait for the thread to start loading

6) Refresh the thread

Is it not possible to have this site set up the way that just about every other site on the web is set up -i.e. caching of dynamically generated pages is inhibited?

The only caching side-effect I'm aware of is that when you make a post, and are redirected back to the thread, clicking refresh won't show any new posts on the thread - you need to do a hard refresh (holding Shift while clicking refresh)

You seem to be saying that the index page (showing the list of forums) doesn't update unless you refresh it (browsing to it isn't enough, you need to refresh)?

I've not experienced this problem. Any other Opera users out there having problems?