Colini -v- Capital One

colini
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lol Lol. I have to say mine came pretty quick and before SAR deadline, so fingers crossed for you, I would expect them in 2-3 weeks mate if I was you. You did send recorded delivery didnt you ? Lol xxx Best of luck. Fendy xxxx

lol Hi Fendy :-)

Hope they get mine out as fast as I'll be taking a fortnights leave in two weeks... just right to sit and pore over the statements... I've forgotten what they look like as they stopped arriving months ago... such a shame that they didn't forget about claiming the DD when they forgot sending them though! :rolleyes:

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) went recorded delivery and was signed for this morning :D I'd go into wait mode now but had better get reading... so much to read, so little time.. lol

I'll post back when something happens!

C

• 2 weeks later...

oooohh... that was fast!! 10 days and I have all the statements - a surprisingly slim envelope but my word, what a lot of charges!! :o

Need some advice here tho'.. intend to claim CCI but seem to be spoiled for choice in the number of spreadsheets that I can use - any advice on the easiest one to use?

And yes, I tend to go blank when faced with a spreadsheet... so be gentle with me! :p:)

Thanks!

C

Help please!!

Confusion reigns supreme here as I battle with this wretched spreadsheet... :-|

Can someone lend a hand please? I've entered the details of all the charges made to the account but need advice on the next parts - Statement Balance, Amount Paid and Remaining Balance...

Can anyone point me to a worked example/talkthru on calculating these figures because I can't find one on the site and it's driving me up the wall!

Thanks for any and all help!

C

yay!!

Sorted the spreadsheet I believe so 1st letter and schedule will be in the post tomorrow morning - recorded of course! :)

Hopefully it'll arrive with Mr Udy before the post strike hits on Friday - I just hope that that's over before the 14 days are up so he can make me an offer I can refuse and let me get on with the next stage! I'd have sent my phone number but.... well, maybe not! :D

yay!!

Sorted the spreadsheet I believe so 1st letter and schedule will be in the post tomorrow morning - recorded of course! :)

Hopefully it'll arrive with Mr Udy before the post strike hits on Friday - I just hope that that's over before the 14 days are up so he can make me an offer I can refuse and let me get on with the next stage! I'd have sent my phone number but.... well, maybe not! :D

Hi the consensus of opinion here is that CRAP1 will pay after you file at court (no big deal plenty of help here) seems to be you file they acknowledge then pay. just follow same steps as every one and as long as no glaring errors they will pay. If you are not sure of anything post for advice you will get it.

dpick:p

• 2 weeks later...

A letter from Ellie Renshaw!

Ellie confirms that Cap One "automatically add late payment fees if your payment is missed, arrives late or doesn't cover the minimum payment"... odd, I thought that was all done by hand, hence the high fees! lol :rolleyes:

Rest of letter looks pretty standard, £20 fee is just, OFT haven't challenged the right of banks to charge default fees, yada, yada, yada.... Goodwill offer of £350... lolol the claim with CCI was for £2,500 so that'll be a refusal sent first thing tomorrow and an LBA on Wednesday :D

And Ellie didn't even sign the letter personally - I was hoping for something for e-bay! :p:lol:

A letter from Ellie Renshaw!

Ellie confirms that Cap One "automatically add late payment fees if your payment is missed, arrives late or doesn't cover the minimum payment"... odd, I thought that was all done by hand, hence the high fees! lol :rolleyes:

Rest of letter looks pretty standard, £20 fee is just, OFT haven't challenged the right of banks to charge default fees, yada, yada, yada.... Goodwill offer of £350... lolol the claim with CCI was for £2,500 so that'll be a refusal sent first thing tomorrow and an LBA on Wednesday :D

And Ellie didn't even sign the letter personally - I was hoping for something for e-bay! :p:lol:

Hi colini standard letter sometimes they don't even put your name on it. As in my previous post you will have to go LBA then file claim in court you will then get paid approx 21 days later I started court proceeding and got paid Friday 6th july. You will get an offer of 10% to 20% of claim first, then they will confirm that is their final offer, then they will pay in full when you file at court they wont pay untill after you file.

you will get paid dpick:p :D

• Haha 1

Hi colini standard letter sometimes they don't even put your name on it. As in my previous post you will have to go LBA then file claim in court you will then get paid approx 21 days later I started court proceeding and got paid Friday 6th july. You will get an offer of 10% to 20% of claim first, then they will confirm that is their final offer, then they will pay in full when you file at court they wont pay untill after you file.

you will get paid dpick:p :D

Many congrats on your win!! :D

Have just sent a refusal, was going to combine it with an LBA but it was too late last night to think.... and this way, even though it'll cost a little extra in postage, it'll stop me getting confused! ;)

Don't know if they were offering it in 'full and final' settlement (not that it makes much odds!), as they forgot to enclose the acceptance form which I assume had all the details on... doh... :p

Thanks for keeping an eye on this - makes me feel as if I've a lot less chance of screwing up!

C

Many congrats on your win!! :D

Have just sent a refusal, was going to combine it with an LBA but it was too late last night to think.... and this way, even though it'll cost a little extra in postage, it'll stop me getting confused! ;)

Don't know if they were offering it in 'full and final' settlement (not that it makes much odds!), as they forgot to enclose the acceptance form which I assume had all the details on... doh... :p

Thanks for keeping an eye on this - makes me feel as if I've a lot less chance of screwing up!

C

Don't worry if you don't get this is our final offer keep to your time scale not theirs.

As for me watching your thread someone did that for me, I am watching a few when you have your you refund then you return the compliment for someone else thats the way this site works. Best of all we all learn as we go along.

all the best dpick:)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All! :)

Should have sent Cap One an LBA a week ago but first came the postal strike and then the printer's cartridge ran out... grrrrrrrr!

Could somebody be kind enough as to check an interest calculation for me? I've been reading Electric Lemon's thread and want to check if I'm charging CCI or not before I pur printer to paper as it were... :p Think I'd only need one transaction checked to prove the rest...

Thanks!

C

Ahhh... another letter from Ellie Renshaw... I think I'm falling in love! :p:D

Ellie's final offer is still open to me - but is her final response as she wants to save the court's valuable time... yeah, right lol :rolleyes:

Can someone please help me out by checking the CCI element of my claim?

I want to check the amount of interest on a £20 fee levied on 28/08/03 at 30.9%... I make it £46.40... any advances/help please?!

Thanks!

C

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks Gary... but get yet another different set of answers from this sheet!

Think I'll stick with Vamp's #13 and amend to give a couple of rates - just to show the judge I've thought about things!

Cheers, C 8)