Capital One Harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My credit card is over its limit by 75 pounds. I did ask them to cancel but they wouldnt. I owed a lot more than this. But they are ringing me every day. At first they were ringing at about 8pm, and I had a big argument telling them do not ring me at that time as I have 2 small children (they never tried during the day). I got a call the day after just before 8, then the day after that it was just before the time the previous night. I have asked them not to phone me at all. They are still ringing. They rang me today and again I asked them not to ring but to contact me in writing. I have received a further 2 calls this evening which I admit I didnt answer, but they were 15 minutes apart. What can I do? I have a lot of personal problems at the moment, and to make matters worse someone tried to break into my house last night so I am all worked up over that. Why wont they write to me and why wont they leave me the hell alone?

There is a thread in the Capital One forum re phone harassment. Some tips on how to deal with them. There is also the Harassment by Phone letter in the templates.

Have you claimed your charges back from them yet? if not, you should. Again lots of info in the Capital One Forum.

good luck.

Hi Dizzydeedee

Capital one are unbelievable aren't they. The same things were happening to me. The final straw was a call I got at 7.45am on a Saturday. I refused to speak to them and I refused to give my dob. I told them how did I know they wer from capial one and what was his dob, he refused to give me his so I said in tht case I am not speaking to you.

I wa £8.08 over my limit. Send harrasmment by phon letter . it does work and does stop them. I also stopped handing my phone number out to everyone.

Stay positive, this site is brilliant for supporting you.

Lainey

totally agree

but dont forget you do need to pay them, they are intitled to contact you

but p'haps not as you indicate above.

get the SAR off to them

you must have hundreds in charges & late fees.

while you are at it get them to cancel the A/C.

cut your card in two and tape it to the letter, or inc a photo of it cut up.

if you do put it in the post scratch out the sig & magnetic strip incase it gets into the wrong hands.

goodluck

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hate unwanted telephone calls - they always make me jump on my soap-box :D

Firstly send them a polite but assertive letter telling them that you will only deal with them in writing. There are many examples across the forums.

Also, consider this! I suspect that every time they ring they go through the 'I'll have to ask you a few security questions' routine? If so, then why answer their questions if you cannot say with absolute confidence who THEY are and why it is they are calling? So why not tell them that before you can continue this call you will need to ask them a few questions so you can be sure that they are who they say they are? Simply telling you it's Capital One is not enough!

Ask them for YOUR full name, YOUR address and YOUR account number. Also tell them you want YOUR mothers maiden name too (or whatever security question/answer you use). If they are who they say they are then they should be able to give this information to you right? Otherwise it could be anyone calling from a phone box with the view to glean your personal information couldn't it?

They won't give you the details you require - if they do then they breach whatever acts - so just politely tell them that if thats the case then you cannot continue this call any longer and they must contact you in writing. Put the phone down!

Remain calm and don't shout or swear. If they get a bit 'heavy' do this; ask them to hang on a mo, press a button on your phone (it will cause a click in their ear) and tell them that you are now recording the call and that any recording may be made available to a third party at a later date for training, educational or evidential purposes!

Don't let them get away with it! They will stop if you stand your ground!

Good Luck

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!