anyoldnamewilldo

anyoldnamewilldo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CAPITAL ONE OFFER They have offered me the difference between my fees and 12.00, but they say that as I signed an agreement which stated their fees I am bound by them. My arguement to them was that the fees are illegal under common law. This offer was sent as an offer of good will within a week of me asking for the full amount. The form they want me to sign says that my signature is my acceptance of the closure of the complaint. They also say they will pay the money into my account which I thought was actually closed as I remortgaged to get the sweethearts off my back. Should I accept? Do I stand a chance of getting the lot? Can I insist they send a cheque? I think the answers to all are yes but they and others made my life so miserable im a bit nervous of the whole thing. That doesnt mean I wont screw the bastards tothe deck if I can. lol As a matter of interest Ive had a statement from them for the first time in over a year (Thank God its zero)

Hi

Time to send off your LBA, claim for the full amount again. State in this letter that you will accept their offer of goodwill on the clear understanding that it is partial settlement only and that you will be pursuing remainder of your claim and also that it is paid to you in the form of a cheque. You may find some useful wording in the link below. Do not sign the form they provided. I received two offers the same and they never materialised so keep your claim whole until such times as you actually receive a refund. The reply to your LBA will probably be that they are not prepared to increase their offer so it's off to court you go. Cap 1 do not settle in full until court proceedings are initiated. Keep to the tried and tested methods and timescales on this forum and you will win!! Hope this helps.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

glav:)

• 2 months later...

Sent LBA to cap 1 and got a letter back offering same amount again and saying this her final response and telling me to go to the ombudsman. She also says lets not waste the courts time. I have a problem though, I added the 8% in on the scedule I sent. Do you think I'd better accept the offer? Have to admit I didnt think it would be so expensive to go to court! Getting cold feet I guess, have had bad experience as a witness in crown court.

Hi

It's a Credit Card claim so if it will ease the tension, go to the Ombudsman. There is a complaint form on their website. Fill it in, print it off with copies of your correspondance from Capital One, your Schedule of charges, and let them handle it.

uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers