mitchpl - V - Halifax Bank Plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another update for you all folks. Today I arrived home to find the "Notice of intent to defend" from Oward at D Alifax's legal dept!

I have started to think about compiling a court bundle, I instigated the claim online so any pointers will be gladly recieved. I will be including the relavant case law, quoting the unfair consumer contracts SI 1999 to name but one, also the std T & C's attached to the account & my witness statement together with copies of all correspondance, most of which was ignored by Oward. I wrote 4 times in all. Got just 1 response.

I take it this is still pretty much "standard proceedure" on the part of Oward n his chums?

Of course Im prepared to go all the way as I have nowt to loose as I managed to recoup £1500 worth from The Woolwich for the price of just 3 1st class stamps!

HI i 2 filed n1 on 24th May Halifax Acknowledged 4th June intending to defend all of the claim, rang legal dept last friday and really nice lady said that my claim was being dealt with the customer relation dept and I would get an offer letter this week sometime. This is the number i rang 01422 333381, good luck

I will try that then after the weekend. My claim was only for £171 plus statutory interest. £214 in total. My claim is for £469 plus court fees so any offer has to be at least £200 plus the costs. I wrote in my LBA that I would accept £200 as a gesture of goodwill so I dont know. Anyways what do i have to loose, just the court fees of £64.

Just called them on 01422 333381, spoke to"claire" in legal services who advised that it will be "customer services" who will be in touch. Told them that I wanted to confirm the address to send my court bundle as I didnt think they would pay out. Claire informed me " well you would be surprised." So we will see

yes so we will see, im really getting fed up with checking my bank to find nothing in there from them, and running to the door when postie comes. i think i spoke to claire on that number, she seemed really helpful, but maybe she tells everyone the same thing cos she doesnt know what to say? it just feels like its never going to be sorted out, mine is only for 589, but that has all come out of child tax credits, so id like it back!!!

Yes lets see. Ive also just taken on Lloyds TSB insurance services as they refused a claim for storm damage I made in jan 07 for roof repairs. Ive had to settle up - £385 plus the Vodka & Tonic. Just set the ball rolling with that one. They refused payout as their "computer system" told them the weather wasnt severe enough! However I have had £1500 back from The Woolwich on a mortgage. They charged me £600 in fees plus interest on interest over 6 years. All it took was 3 1st class stamps.:)