Business account Bank of Scotland refund from england

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Please can someone help.

I had a business account with the bank of Scotland from 2003 to 2004 I have located today my account number. I had recently contacted the bank but they said my account did not exist.

Please can someone help me with the SAR. Is this just the same as when claiming for a personal account or different and also where do I send the SAR as I live in England, and if need be which court would I use (English or Scottish).

Many Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul.

I don't have any business accounts - so I can't answer from that perspective.

However, it is, IMVHO, likely that the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) will work - if you wait long enough!!!!

I'd send it to:

HBOS plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG.

As for the location of the court question - dead easy - England via MCOL.

Regards.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Paul,

My hubby has a business acc. with the BOS. He sent his SAR to

MR L BUNKER,

CONSULTANT, BUSINESS RISK RETAIL,

HALIFAX PLC,

10, CARLTON ST,

HALIFAX,

HX1 2AL.

His 2nd letter, asking for a refund went to

BANK OF SCOTLAND,

BUSINESS BANKING CUSTOMER CARE,

BUSINESS BANKING HOUSE,

600, GORGIE RD,

EDINBURGH,

EH11 3XP

TEL: 08458500431

I would imagine, if it came to court, you would be better claiming in England, as up here, the limit for small claims is £750. We are going through the Financial Ombudsman as we have just been declined, after the 8 weeks statutory time you must give the bank, before handing it over to the FOS. The BOS left it to the very last day obviously another of their delaying tactics. Remember to send everything by either recorded or special delivery, as at the beginning of my claim, they said they hadn't got any of my letters. Hope this helps,

Izzy

they said they hadn't got any of my letters. Hope this helps,

Izzy

Well - just imagine that!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 1 month later...

yes u could but they will fob u off. they will send u a letter saying they will be here in a few weeks and they usually are.they do arrive u may have to be patient, but wont hurt to try the ohone

Look!

The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is a 40-day request. If they do not produce them by the 40 days then you send out the following:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

The time-scales are YOURS not theirs!

Stick to your time-scales - that's what everyone is told!

• 2 weeks later...

Still no statements after the extra days given they have also received my recorded delivery letter, what action do i take now, do i need to go to court to receive my statements.

thanks in advance

Still no statements after the extra days given they have also received my recorded delivery letter, what action do i take now, do i need to go to court to receive my statements.

thanks in advance

I would give them a ring. I'm sure with the test case going on, they should have more time on their hands to deal with SAR's. Reading a few of their posts, sometimes phoning shunts them on a wee bit and they reqest them there and then. Don't let them fob you off by saying everything is on hold. This has nothing to do with you requesting statements. Good Luck!

By the way, We have just had an offer dated 26th July, for both business and personal accounts. This was after the BOS advised me that they had decided not to pay out on business accounts. Still waiting for the cash to hit accounts, but knowing the BOS, they will hang on to the very last day of the 6 weeks the FOS has given them. Both claims were done using the same template letters, so don't listen to them when they try to tell you that it is a different process

Izzy

Hi, Guys

Ok some more help needed they have returned my cheque saying they do not charge for this service (SAR) and that i did not provide enough details.

they say they need account number that is 8 digits and the sort code and what type of account it was and the account holder name.The only account number i have is 7 digits from a form i used to purchase a van,

the address of my old bank is this

bos

po box 494

leeds

Ls18eq

I have a sort code of 12-24-11 would this be correct as its a bit smudged.

also on the account number is there usually a 0 at the beginning, or end to make up the 8 digits.

i know this is now a long shot , any help would most grateful, as i am now totally gutted i could only find this form with my old details on.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i found my details from a old car insurance i sent the details and they received on the 13th of august i gave them 7 days to reply with statements.

They have not replied

ok will i have to wait a further 33 days again or can i send another letter because there 40 days have run out...

please advise

They have 40 days from when you requested the details.

You can send the non compliance letter, it is also always advisable to insist they take the £10 payment, you claim this back at the court stage.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi

Yet again they have sent me a letter saying they need more info.

they require the following.

account number and sort code

full address and previous if less than 3 years

the correct payment Which is £5

Here are the details i sent in my last letter

Ref/ 131159653

Address

Previous Address

Dear Kimberley Dawson

I have enclosed the details you requested; please now provide my statements within 7 days as we are now above the 40 days given for a SAR.

The details you require are: details in here

Account number: details in here

Branch sort code: details in here

Account was a business account for details in here

Account holder name:details in here

I am now sending this information to the bank for the second time,

Please can you send my statements as a matter of urgency, as I believe these are stalling tactics as to delay sending out statements that I am entitled to. I have enclosed a cheque for £5 for full statements and charges.

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Please give this matter your up most urgency.

Yours faithfully,

Paul Carline

is this is enough information to get my statements????

Please advise

That sounds fine. And send the £5 they have asked for.

If you dont recieve your statements in the time allocated then do file at court.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...