• Tweets

• 1 Date of the infringement 31 March 2024   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 8 April 2024   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received 15 April 2024   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Y   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Y   7 Who is the parking company? Horizon   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Iceland Chester   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Horizon parking Horizon Iceland Chester.pdf
    • Part of a settlement agreement.   concerbs over her nane online we’re raised and I was blamed for bad mouthing. I explained I put nothing up myself.  cannot discuss details of the case as per agreement.  
    • The sticky thread is locked because it's just a template thread. We need to see the invoice you're disputing. And for you to answer the questions below (I'm guessing this is an ANPR capture, the vast majority of tickets are) -   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   Please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement Give answer here   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Give answer here   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received Give answer here   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? Give answer here   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Give answer here   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Give answer here   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up both sides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY
    • Perfect, thanks Dave.   You're right, a whole dodo storm this has been. As sons of first-generation immigrant parents, whenever something like this happens the old man panics. There was a whole "appeal this now" because my dad paid for the parking as he was with the hirer at the time and he isn't as tech-savvy as my brother so he ended up doing what he did and because I don't live there anymore it came all the way down to this.  But yes, we'll do this SAR and see what comes of it.  Will keep posting here with the hopes that it may benefit someone in the future.  Thanks again, everyone. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MadKit v American Express (Charges & PPI)

MadKit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was away when this court case was decided. Before the date, Amex sold the debt on

Do you have any evidence of this ? e.g. letter, notice of assignment..

Edited by shakespeare62

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to respond to the Notice of Issue of Warrant of Execution (received 22 September) very quickly (before 26th September), I was wondering what I should send to the court before the latter date. I really don't want the bailiffs on my doorstep on Monday!

I pressed the red triangle requesting the site team to look in. Hopefully some more experienced members will be able to advise.

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

The judge did make them pay back my charges and agreed that a claim for PPI could be re-instated as a separate claim.

Did you attend Court ? Did you submit a defence ? I'm just trying to put pieces in the jigsaw...

I believe you would need to make an application to the Court to set aside the judgment. But you've got to have good reason, and to be able to show it. This is why I'm asking questions.

An example N244 application form is on the link below as well as the PDF for filling out. However, your reasons would obviously need to be different.

Removal of CCJ's - Sample Form N244 - Notice of Application

Also

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/211496-judgement-notice.html#post2319626

Note: If the above link doesn't work from here, try to copy and paste it into a browser window.

Edited by shakespeare62

I think shakespeare is right - you need to apply for a set aside asap (tomorrow). You will need to make an application on a N244 - the order you will be asking for is an order to set aside the judgement and the reason is that Amex had no right to make the claim because they had sold the debt to Bracers - attach the Notice of Assignement as proof.

There's a good fall back position you have - u can apply to the Court (free of charge to redetermine monthly installments to a rate you can afford - see link below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/126912-court-summons-brachers-solictors-7.html#post1923515

I would be inclined to submit the above redetermination letter as well as your set aside application - that way you've got both angles covered. I'd mark it urgent, and get a receipt from the Court Office for it.

Edited by shakespeare62

When you've filed the above at the Court office (the Court may take several days to place the docs before a District Judge,

Check out the following links on Bailiffs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/107376-what-bailiffs-can-cant.html#post2355192

You'll get good advice on dealing with Bailiffs on the forum below :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/

Edited by shakespeare62

There is a good wiki on warrant of execution here -

Warrant of execution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a snippet from the link above :

Residential Property

If the property is occupied then the bailiff may only enter with the permission of someone inside.

If nobody is present, the bailiff can enter if through an open window, unlocked door, or other unsecured entrance.

If the bailiff has previously been admitted and is returning to collect payment or goods to be sold, then they have a right of entry to residential property even if the occupants refuse to let them in.

Basically they can't come in unless you let them in. They cannot take any property which does not belong to you.

Stay positive, there may be other aspects wrong with the Amex claim, including defective default notices etc. If there's anything you are not sure about the N244 Application, ask on here, or phone the Court.

Thank you everyone for your comments and support. I have detailed a timeline below and will fill out the N244 today. (Note - After 2 changes of solicitors, Brachers are now Amex solicitors even though I was not informed of this for some time, see below)

24 November - letter from Brachers - "you owe our Client £3869.81"

2 December - letter from Brachers - will issue legal proceedings even though I had been paying cheques to previous solicitors MdR and to Brachers

7 January 2009 - Judgment for Claimant (in default) - £3931.73 + £187

13 January 2009 - My acknowledgment of service and defence returned because of judgment being entered even though I had no idea a date had been set and I sent through the forms on 4 January so that was ample time.

24 February 2009 - received Notice of change of Solicitor from Brachers - they had been sending letters etc for months before this arrived

3 March 2009 - the two old claims I had for charges etc were "transferred to the Brighton County Court" - no idea why, they had been settled and the detail inside said "Upon reading the letter from the defendant's solicitors" and quoting the "new" claim for consolidation with case number XXXX which is to be the lead matter.

8 April 2009 - B132 Notice to a registered proprietor of an application to enter an agreed notice - Brachers on behalf of Amex for "equitable charge created by an interim charging order of the Brighton County Court dated

31 March 2009 in favour of American Express" - I received no notification of any court date

4 June 2009 - letter from Amex saying "American Express assigned your account to CapQuest on 29 May 2009 etc" and "CapQuest will start reporting against your credit file within 30 days of you receiving this letter"

4 June 2009 - letter from CapQuest (amount £3869.81) - "As agents for the purchasers of your debt we have been authorised to use the legal process to its full extent" etc

15 June 2009 - Final charging order - again no idea that this was taking place, no notification of court date. "heard neither party and the court orders that - 1. The charge created by order made on 31 March 2009 shall continue. 2. The interest of the defendant in the aset described below stand charged with payment of the sum the amount owing ...... of £6618.73 under judgment on 7 January 2009 plus £208.00..... 3. Costs to be added to the judgment debt"

25 June 2009 - Brachers - "please find enclosed copy of Final Charging Order which our client has obtained against your interest in the above property"

30 June 2009 - Brachers - "to enable our client to give matters further consideration, please complete and return the enclosed Financial Personal statement...."

2 July 2009 - CapQuest - "As you will now be aware your account is being processed for legal action" - amount £3869.81

23 July 2009 - Brachers - "our client is willing to accept £5603.87 in full and final settlement..."

27 July 2009 - CapQuest - "... we will seek an order of the court directing you to pay any monies owed" - amount £3908.51

22 September 2009 - Notice of Issue of Warrant of Execution - Claimant - American Express - "Unless you pay the amount due (£6928.90 before 26 September 2009 the bailiff will call...."

So there you go, that is everything and I really don't understand the figures at all. How can Amex have sold this debt on and also applied for final charging order and now issuing a warrant? And how can CapQuest also be harrassing me to pay the original amount as well?

Can you let me know what I need to put on the N244 please?

Very MadKit

:mad:

I assume you know what to put in the box at the top right and sections 1 and 2.

In section 3 put something like:

"I respectfully request the court to make an order setting aside the court's judgement in the case between claimant and defendant (case number xxxxxxx) since the claimant had no right of action in the case at the date of the trial."

Section 4 - No

Section 5 - without a hearing

Section 6 - 1 hour / No

Section 7 - N/A

Section 8 - name of judge in orginal hearing

Section 9 - Defendant

Section 10 - The evidence set out in the box below

Put something in the box along the lines of:

"1. The claimant filed the claim in the case between claimant and defendant (case number xxxxxxx) on date and the case was heard on date before title and name of judge, who found for the claimant.

2. However, the agreement on which the case was based had been assigned to Capquest Ltd on date (see Notice of Assignment, attached as exhibit 1)

3. Thus, at the tial date, the claimant had ceased to have right of action since the claimant no longer owned the alleged debt.

4. I respectfully request the court to make an order setting aside the court's judgement in this case."

Section 11 - obvious

Edited by steven4064

Steven

Using your wording, this is what I have put:

1. The claimant filed the claim in the case between claimant and defendant (case number XXX) and the case was heard on 15 June 2009 before Deputy District Judge XXX, who found for the Claimant.

2. However, the agreement on which the case was based had been assigned to Capquest Ltd on 28 May 2009 (see Notice of Assignments, attached as exhibit 1 and 2)

3. Thus, at the trial date, the claimant had ceased to have right of action since the claimant no longer owned the alleged debt.

4. I have attached the Notice of Issue of Warrant of Execution as issued on 22 September 2009 (attached as exhibit 3)

5. I respectfully request the court to make an order setting aside the court's judgement in this case.

Is this correct? Should I mention that this is a Final Charging Order that they are trying to have paid out? I thought that if these were granted, no more action could be taken. Also, this was issued by Bedford County Court but original court is Brighton, which court should go in box for Court name?

MadKit :confused:

Edited by MadKit

Yes, put that in too although I think that and what you hav eput under 4. should perhaps be put at the end, after "I respectfully reuqest..."

Leave a space and put "the court's attention is drawn to the Notice of Issue of Warrent..... and to the Final Charging Order issued on ...." or something like that

Steven

How is this then?

1. The claimant filed the claim in the case between claimant and defendant (case number xxxx) and the case was heard on 15 June 2009 before Deputy District Judge xxxx, who found for the Claimant (see attached as exhibit 1).

2. However, the agreement on which the case was based had been assigned to Capquest Ltd on 28 May 2009 (see Notice of Assignments, attached as exhibit 2 and 3)

3. Thus, at the trial date, the claimant had ceased to have right of action since the claimant no longer owned the alleged debt.

4. I respectfully draw the attention of the court to the attached Notice of Issue of Warrant of Execution as issued on 22 September 2009 (attached as exhibit 4).

5. I respectfully request the court to make an order setting aside the court's judgement in this case.

Also, this was issued by Bedford County Court but original court is Brighton, which court should go in box for Court name?

MadKit

;) I'm nearly there!

Thanks for your message, it is a nightmare especially when it's a Charging Order against my house which they should not have been allowed to do as far as I know as credit card debt is hardly a "secured" loan!

MadKit

They are very naughty to have gone for that. As you say, it was not a secured loan. The first lot they set on me (before I found CAG) was AIC and they were threatening exactly that. I think Amex probably tell all their DCAs and solicitors to go for that.

I'm still going backwards and forwards with it all.

It's a very scary few days for you. The Courts can be very slow even when things are as urgent as this. Do keep all the doors and windows shut and I'd even check for lurkers when you are going in and out of your house. You don't want one stepping in behind you. :eek:

DD

I think this is the best layout:

1. The claimant filed the claim in the case between claimant and defendant (case number xxxx) and the case was heard on 15 June 2009 at Brighthon County Court before Deputy District Judge xxxx, who found for the Claimant (see attached as exhibit 1).

2. However, the agreement on which the case was based had been assigned to Capquest Ltd on 28 May 2009 (see Notice of Assignments, attached as exhibit 2 and 3)

4. I respectfully request the court to make an order setting aside the court's judgement in this case on this basis.

5. I respectfully draw the attention of the court to the attached Notice of Issue of Warrant of Execution as issued on 22 September 2009 at Bedford County Court (attached as exhibit 4).

If you are going to try to get it in today, the court closes at 4:30

Steven

I will have to get someone to take it in tomorrow for me. Any idea how much the fee would be? Also, sorry to ask again but I assume it should be Brighton in the court name? Or is it the issuing (notice) court i.e. Bedford?

Thanks again for messages, I really appreciate the support and help here!

MadKit