3 down, 1 to go!

brett48

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I first sent my SAR winging it's way to Chester Towers at the start of the year, little did I realise the tortuous path I had to tread in attempt to wring a full settlement out of the MBNA administration black hole, or indeed to get any sense out of those reprobates at all.

But Hallelujah, just as I was about to revisit my old friend MCOL, my wife called with the news that MBNA have caved and credited my account with the balance of the full settlement! My flabber is well and truly gasted.

So the story so far is now

Halifax bank - Charges £4200, offered £2500 after prelim, settled in full before LBA

Halifax credit card - Charges £600, offered £300 after prelim, settled in full after LBA but before MCOL

MBNA credit card - Charges £810, credited £390 after prelim, settled in full after LBA but before MCOL

Lloyds TSB bank - Charges £2860, no offer, MCOL defended, transfered to my local court, awaiting court date for a total of £3850 including interest and costs

As expected the black horse will be last home, but there is even some movement on this front as their appropriately named solitors, [problem], have started to make some encouraging noises in my direction.

A big thank you to all you MBNAers who have provided assistance and encouragement. To those still waiting, just hang on in there - you need a helluva lot of patience but a full setllement will be chucked out of the black hole eventually ...

Hi SUFM

No, on all of my claims I have taken the simple route and stuck to charges because I couldn't be hassled with calculating interest.

Of course, if the claim goes to court (as it very nearly did in this case) I would whack on the standard 8%

Brett

Hi again eyes

Thanks, I wish I could enjoy the money but unfortunately it's just another credit on a suspended account so I can't even spend it - at least it's a poke in the eye for MBNA!

Brett