Joercityfan v YB ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I've not posted here for a long time but I thought I would bring you up to date.

Filed with MCOL against YB at the end of March. No acknolagement or defence filled by the 19th of May, applied for judgement by default which was granted, no contact from YB so applied for the bailiffs to go in, which again was granted. Does this mean I have won or should I put the celabrations on hold?

Has anyone esle been in this situation? Will YB have anything up their sleeve I should be aware of?

Cheers

Joe

joercityfan, I presume you have applied for a warrant of execution. They may apply for stay of judgement which would delay your claim, but i think you are so far down the line now. You will get your money soon.Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi Parkvale

I applied for judgement by default which was grated, then I applied for a warrant for the bailiffs to go in which again was granted and moved to my local court for exicution.(I think).

Joe

jo, read my GE Money thread. It is exactly the same as what you are going through.

I can smel;) l your cheque.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi guys to cut a long story short I applied and was granted judgement by default on the 22nd of May, I then applied and was granded a warrant of execution on the 23rd of May. Today I have recieved a letter from Clydesdale Bank Legal services saying they are defending the claim and that I haven't provided them with any details of account number or list of charges to which I have sent them 3 copies.

Can they defend a claim after judgement has been awarded?

Please help I thought I had beat YB.

Cheers

Joe.

Sadly I think they can get away with this. I would send them a letter stating that you have already supplied details of the account and a list of charges but include a copy again.

If anyone with further knowledge can tell you any different then I'm sure they will be along to correct me.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Hi there (again) I've just had a thought and I would be very happy hear you others guys & Gals thoughts on it.

I recieved a letter from YB solicitors from Bonny Scotland saying that they are defending the claim (even though I have been granted judgement by default and also I have requested the bailiffs to go in which again was grated) and saying that they have not recieved any requests or account info from myself ect ect, I am not filing agaist their head office but my local branch and all the letters and lists had been sent to the local branch.

What I'm trying to ask/say is I am claiming from my local branch and therefore should I ignor the letter as it is not from my local bank?

I am grasping at straws?

All your thoughts & advice are as all ways greatfully recieved.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I just phoned the Bailiffs regarding the warrant against YB that was issued on the 23rd of May. I recieved a letter from YB solicitor on the 25th May saying they were defending the claim & want acc details ect ect.

I phoned the bailiffs 5 mins ago to see what was happening and to my amazement they said they had recieved a cheque form YB for the full amount but I will have to wait 21 days until I recieved the cheque. Do I take this as a win or should I still hold my breath? Starting to fell chuckle to myself (can't help it) & laugh at YB for all their snotty & cocky letters and attitude. Oh sorry just under £5000.

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: at YB & Clydesdale.

Would seem like a win but wait until the cheque is in your hands before raising the roof.

Also why will it take 21 days to get the cheque to you?

Does it mean that YB have paid the baliffs who will then bank the cheque, get 21 days interest and then pay it to you?

If so can you not ask that they pay the interest to you?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi PPMan159

I don't know why 21 days the bailiffs said it was something to do with insolvency as they had sent the cheque to them????

However Iwould have thought they would have paid it straight into my account.

As the claim was instigated by yourself I would have thought that the cheque should have been paid direct to you.

Why not give them a call back to find out why it is going to take 21 days-seems a bit odd to me.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi again I've just spoke to the bailiffs again asking why the 21 day wait it is because any amount of money over £500 that they are asked to collect has to be held in case the person/persons goes into recievership. this according to the bailiff is a legal requirement if the bailiff is paid direct.

Cheers

Joe.:-|

Hi guys I just phoned the Bailiffs regarding the warrant against YB that was issued on the 23rd of May. I recieved a letter from YB solicitor on the 25th May saying they were defending the claim & want acc details ect ect.

I phoned the bailiffs 5 mins ago to see what was happening and to my amazement they said they had recieved a cheque form YB for the full amount but I will have to wait 21 days until I recieved the cheque. Do I take this as a win or should I still hold my breath? Starting to fell chuckle to myself (can't help it) & laugh at YB for all their snotty & cocky letters and attitude. Oh sorry just under £5000.

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: at YB & Clydesdale.

Well done, joercityfan 902684, at least you know it's coming and it's all over now.

nervous.

;) Cheers nervous

Started in Feb 4 months isn't that long really but I can't understand why they draw it out so much.

All I can say is what everyone else is saying stick at it and don't let them (YB/Clydesdale) put you off. They WILL & DO PAY just stick at it and to your time scales not theirs, state all the facts when dealing with thier legal team including mentioning all the the letters they or your bank has sent you aknowleaging they have recieved all your account details and tables of charges and that you will use these if nessercery. It's long winded but it seems to work.

Best of luck & oh just for the record I'M going after all my charges post 6 years as well now.

keep the faith

Joe.:D

Congratulations Joey, although I've never heard of a cheque taking 21 days to clear. Given the profits the NAB group have been showing I don't think bankruptcy is an issue either.

Is there anything in writing from the bailiffs about this, and if they will pay you interest on your money. After all they've had a fee as payment.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.