Time limitations

Sneaker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My boss has asked me to chase a debtor at work. The invoice was in 2003 and we've not been chasing.

What are the time limits. Am I right that I can chase anything within the last 6 years?

My boss has asked me to chase a debtor at work. The invoice was in 2003 and we've not been chasing.

What are the time limits. Am I right that I can chase anything within the last 6 years?

6 years from the 1st demand for payment.

"My boss has asked me to chase a debtor at work."

Chasing a debtor at his work place is against the OFT guidlines and an offence under The Administration of Justice Act. Tell your boss to do the job himself.

"My boss has asked me to chase a debtor at work."

Chasing a debtor at his work place is against the OFT guidlines and an offence under The Administration of Justice Act. Tell your boss to do the job himself.

I think the OP means as part of his job he has been asked to chase an old invoice - not to chase someone at work

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

If the invoice was based on a simple contract, for example you sold them X and they agreed to pay Y, then sequenci is right (although I believe scottish law has a 5 year period).

If the invoice is based on some other area of law this is different, but in most cases it would be a contract.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

(although I believe scottish law has a 5 year period).

Your belief would be correct.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.