Timsta vs HSBC

Timsta
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm doing my wife's charges for her, (and Mother-in-laws,) and I'm just about to request the charges back. I have a quick question be fore I mail it though.

We have statements going back 7 years. Is it OK to go back that for now, or is it still limited to 6 years?

Many Thanks

Timsta

The Limitation Act does stipulate that you can only claim back 6 years, however there are people who are in the process of persuing beyond the 6 year limitation. The final decision must be your own but should you decide to go for the full 7 years then there will be plenty of help and advice on this site from people in the same position.

Good luck with whatever route you decide.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Okies, thanks,

Another thing, I am claiming on 2 accounts. Is it ok to do them at the same time, or should they be done separately? I have made it clear that it's from different accounts, and have detailed the accounts separately.

Many Thanks

Timsta

As long as they are two bank accounts and not one bank account and one credit card account then I think that you can lump them together.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi Timsta,

I am claiming from 2 bank accounts at the same time and not had any problems so far. I am at MCOL stage at the moment and playing the waiting game.

Good Luck

Bluejay

HSBC (£3722.80) MCOL Filed 12th June 07

transfered to Horsham County Court AQ dispensed with but fee still payable. AQ fee payed and added to claim. Case allocated to small claims track - due to be heard 30th August 07 - 2nd Nudge to DG sent (04/08/07)

Virgin Media (Complete Incompetance and refund of bank charges) - Letter to MD Customer Care - sent 24th May 2007 - resolved, refunded and 9 months free TV

British Credit Trust - VT to be started

Just a quick note to say that I have today, received a standard response from HSBC, saying that they are "looking into it" and will get back to me when they have completed their investigations.

They also enclosed a leaflet "explaining how these matters are dealt with." Basically, complain to the Ombudsman and wait 8 weeks. Unfortunately for them, I'm dealing with it my way, and they have just under 2 weeks.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I sent off the LBA's on the 27th June. But I did notice that HSBC have changed things slightly, the charges are now for the "informal request for an overdraft." So if you go overdrawn they take it as an "informal request" and charge you for it. Nice try HSBC. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...