• Tweets

• I've converted the images to PDF so only registered Caggers can see them - best to keep the fleecers guessing!   Excellent work, the signs are indeed total pants.   As far as you know, are these the same as what you saw?  Google Street View is often out of date.
    • I have captured the best images of the sign at the entrance to the car park that I could, from Google Street View. It strikes me that no mention/agreement of having to pay £100 could have been seen from the car.  The writing is too small.     Signs.pdf
    • My aged uncle had been paying for his TV licence by auto renewing monthly direct debits despite (despite turning 75 years old 7 years ago). My request for a refund was ignored for over a month, so I made a Direct Debit Indemnity claim and received a full refund for 7 years overpayment within the day from my bank.  It was very simple.   I then asked TV licensing for a compensation payment for the interest and they have refused on the grounds they did nothing wrong. It seems they do not take customer dates of birth. This is why  they have no idea whether their customers should be charged or whether they have reached the age for a free license.   It seems to me (especially for the benefit of old people), it would be simple to include a date of birth in the application process and therefore automatically cancel direct debits or even reject applications once they become eligible for a free license.   My question is, can I insist on interest? I understand statutory 8% interest is only an award if a judge  (at a county court etc) allows it. As I received the refund without going to court, I guess I cannot insist on that interest. However, I hope to proceed to make this scandal more public and seek the interest on his behalf.   Any ideas gratefully received.
    • Hi all,   Car: 5 years old, 30k mileage purchased from the main dealer of the brand the car is.     Handover was pretty rushed and after 2 hours we just wanted to get out of there with the car which got further delayed because various accessories were removed from the car - something quite common if another customer is buying a similar car and has requested for instance mats to be included.  Luckily I had already taken photographs at the point of reserving the car a few weeks ago so stated we expected these to be in the car.   Main Issue:   It states on the multipoint check "Four Wheel Drive: All four wheels must always be fitted with tyres of the same type, make and tread pattern" We have 1 front tyre of a budget brand, the other 3 the same however tread levels are very different in all 4 with the rears always differing by half a tyre (4 vs 7)   Annoyingly the entire book pack was missing (raised for replacement) however I found the manual online and it too states: "All four wheels must be equipped with tires that are the same brand and have the same construction and tread pattern so that the drive system is not damaged by different wheel speeds"   Finally one tyre has cracking around the shoulder though unsure how much this matters on the location - this is the lower tread level tyre too.  (raised during first visit) and passed the MOT only a few days ago with flying colours.   I had my phone on the desk recording the entire 2 hours due to the way the pre-sales was handled and to transcribe the Multipoint checklist:   41:40 Sales Guy says: Multipoint check included is part of the service Multipoint Check and oil service carried out last month (says date) been checked over for any last minute things this is for you, all ticked off, lets tear these off as we go You need to sign now to say you have received the report   Obviously our signature is on the basis of what he said verbally that all was ticked off and ok.   The day ended essentially with all documents in a folder, keys and folder handed over and we said our goodbyes.  We then dragged him back and spent a further 40 minutes faffing around for the bits that were missing in the car by essentially taking them out of anothrer car, trying the fit, finding another etc   So any leg to stand on re tyres and more importantly, the policy the brand sits on with the checksheet and manual?   thanks Apologies for those who do prefer a bullet point list, I have tried to keep just the facts in here!  
    • After a repossession start 2019 the lender marketed the property and received offers within weeks - which were relayed to the mortgagor.  All were low offers compared to lender's original valuation.  2 of the offers were unable to proceed due to other legal issues. One was able to proceed - but lender failed to accept.   One year later lender organized sealed bids situation with agents to try gather interest.  The same buyer as one year earlier placed the highest bid - the same level as before.  However I now understand the lender is renovating the property with a view to rent it.  And now pursuing mortgagor for bankruptcy. What can mortgagor do? Lender has wasted 18months adding interest and extra costs.  And created a huge shortfall. Meanwhile, lender has refused to disclose costs or interest accrued since repossession     
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As above. Designed to put the frighteners on you. Newlyn may have a bailiff side to their company, but bailiffs are only instructed when a court finds someone guilty of something and that someone still refuses to pay.

A few more letters to go yet.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone...im new to this site. Found it on google after reciving a disgusting letter from the EVIL CEL!!!:mad:

I rec a PARKING CONTRAVENTION sat 27th feb 2010, for parking at Milton Keynes (THE HUBB) couldnt beleive it, for parking at the hubb. They have billed me for 15mins.

I felt sick when i rec this, i dont know what to do.

I took a drive today to read the notices outside where i partked, took photographis evidence, and in VERY small print it has the T&C's regarding no ticket etc etc...i dont get it!!!

When i see all the comment, i feel to leave it, but then i dont want any baliffts knowcking at my door for payment.

Its good reading as what to do next etc...But im a bit confused!!:confused:

Should i right to them? what do i put? What do i say?

Is there a template i can edit my details from the letter and send off via recorded delivery!

I ned help guys. the worst thing is, im on maternity leave, funds are limited and dont need £75/150 to add to debt!!:(

I really dont want to leave it, and then £75/150 turns into £1000s because of court fees etc...:(

Hello everyone...im new to this site. Found it on google after reciving a disgusting letter from the EVIL CEL!!!:mad:

I rec a PARKING CONTRAVENTION sat 27th feb 2010, for parking at Milton Keynes (THE HUBB) couldnt beleive it, for parking at the hubb. They have billed me for 15mins.

I took a drive today to read the notices outside where i partked, took photographis evidence, and in VERY small print it has the T&C's regarding no ticket etc etc...i dont get it!!!

When i see all the comment, i feel to leave it, but then i dont want any baliffts knowcking at my door for payment.

Is there a template i can edit my details from the letter and send off via recorded delivery!

I ned help guys. the worst thing is, im on maternity leave, funds are limited and dont need £75/150 to add to debt!!:(

I really dont want to leave it, and then £75/150 turns into £1000s because of court fees etc...:(

Please read all the advice on this forum. Do not contact the parking company and ignore any correspondence from them. You have not broken any law and you have done nothing wrong. They will not take you to court. As for bailiffs they only come on to the scene if the case goes to court ( very unlikely), you lose (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders. But, as I have said above the case will not go to court.

Do not confuse bailiffs with debt collectors. The former are officers of the court (see above) but debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. If they do come knocking just tell them to leave your property or you will call the police.

Edited by DBC

Exactly as DBC has said.

When i see all the comment,...

You might have seen them, but you should try reading them. Now enjoy that baby and think nothing further of it.

If you want to give others something to smile about, post up the pictures you took of the signs.

It's very easy, ignore them.

You are not supposed to, don't get to involved with photographs and journeys back and forth to check things.

No one will be knocing at your door, you are starting to fall for the [problem].

No, ignore them.

Why waste YOUR time and money, te default advice is not to engage them, give them nothing to go on.

You do realise it is a [problem] don't you? What makes you think you will be he one that actually goes to court? Loads of posters on here have begged the ppc's to take them to court but without result. They wont take you to court and if by some miracle they did, please tell me how £7 will turn into £1,000s?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Thank you everyone.

I did unfortunately write a letter and sent it recoreded delivery to say i wasnt going to pay etc (copied from Rob S template,thanks) i did it yesterday so i wil see what happens.

Just looking on there website, has anyone posted it up....?

Thank you everyone.

I did unfortunately write a letter and sent it recoreded delivery to say i wasnt going to pay etc (copied from Rob S template,thanks) i did it yesterday so i wil see what happens.

Just looking on there website, has anyone posted it up....?

First it has now cost you money.

Second they will probably up the threat rate of their letters as they now realise their letters are getting through to someone.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hiya...

After reading i know NOW i shouldnt off, but i didnt wanna sit on it and not do nothing..sort off, i know what im like...!

So do you reckon i shouldnt send anythign else off, should i get a reply?

The really annoying thing is, my friend parked exactly next to me,at the same place and she hasnt recived anything and i have - which is really UNFAIR.

FUNK it, im not going to pay...god help me!

So is there any evidence that all the other peopel on this forum regarding the evil company have had it wiped and nothing more about it has been done and they have agreedv to leave it?...And that it hasnt built up to a mass sum they have to pay!

So is there any evidence that all the other peopel on this forum regarding the evil company have had it wiped and nothing more about it has been done and they have agreedv to leave it?...And that it hasnt built up to a mass sum they have to pay!

The "evidence" that the ignore route works is that there are not 100's of people coming back posting on the forum saying "I was told to ignore their 50quid scamvoice and now I'm up in court for 300quid!"

The reality is that many people are told to ignore them and do just that and never hear from the PPC again after they have tried their 5 or 6 letter [problem]. The PPC never "agree" to leave it, but who gives a toss whether they agree to drop it or not, they are not getting any money either way. :D

Hi, could you tell me where in MK this area controlled by CEL is? My daughter has had the "Notice before legal action" letter from them and she doesn't think she has ever parked in a "private" area in MK!!!!!

The area near the Hub is opposite sideof the road to Sainsburys and is in front of the Vizion development. It looks like any of MK's parking areas, the signs are obscure and I think if I was the owner of this private land, I would not employ a despicable, [causing problems] company like CEL to extort money out of unsuspecting visitors. At least they won't get any money from me.:p

I am glad that we allowed to use "robust" language when describing private parking companies on this forum. Believe it or not, a couple of days ago I was ticked off by a moderator of another website for describing PPC's as "cowboys".

Just come across your site!! I have got one of these "fines??" the other day and I'm not sure what to do? I have read the other posts but I'm on the fence, I cant afford the £75 ,let alone £150 plus costs.

They say if I dont pay they will forward the account to a debt recovery agency. Is the advise the same as the rest, the first letter saying I was not driving and them ignore the rest?

HELP!!

Thanks ,but I'm still worried. What if thay do send round the bailiffs?

Do not confuse debt collectors with bailiffs. Debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. In the very unlikely event that they do come to your door just tell them to go away, or you will call the police.

Bailiffs are "officers of the court". But they would only come on the scene if the case goes to court (very unlikely), you lose the case (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders.

Edited by DBC

Thanks.

I've been told not to contact them at all, but of corse I have contacted them ,by phone. I said I could not read the sign as the writing was to small and they advised to pay the "fine" and them appeal in writing.

quote > What if thay do send round the bailiffs?

they cant until its been to court, and then you loose ( PPC's dont do Courts , they little or no chance of winning ) and only if you dont pay the court amount in 28 days

read the many threads and a few there about the odd PPc that did try the court route and lost , Excel is one of the biggest fools that tried it

Edited by kiptower

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Well well well.....i recieve a response back from them, from my first letter!

They put... 'We considered the matter raised,and regret to inform you thye are unable to cancel the enforcement notice...blah, blah, blah!!

They put the car park has expeienced severe problems with un-authorised parking, resulting in vehicles being parked long periods of time and occupying valuable.

I have already drafted my next letter...I know u guys are saying to sit back and ignore it. But someone like me and like yourselfs also i have never been in this sort of 'trouble' before and to just sit on it and do nothing is making me a bit uneasy...

Gota be seen to be doing something, cos if this goes further, they can see i have been trying to dispute it! (for all its worth)

More money out my pocket(postage 39p) i mean...want to see the answers to my questions and take it from there!

Il update!

Edited by jrichards

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you