Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got a letter today from these clowns asking for £75 for parking at milton keynes hub without a ticket.

the letter included a pic of my van, and the funny part is you can see the little white parkin ticket on the dash!

how many people fall for this?! these thieving **** need to be stopped, im shocked they are allowed to carry on like this.

thanks to reading this thread i will just ignore them! but sadly i think a lot of people will be to scared and just pay up..........

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi first post here but have been reading this thread for some time, I am on my 2nd letter from Newlyn (2 from CEL previous) and will ignore it the same as the others, thanks for the advice.

Has anybody seen this vid before sorry if it is a repost.

From the horses mouth as it were!

All the best

got a letter today from these clowns asking for £75 for parking at milton keynes hub without a ticket.

the letter included a pic of my van, and the funny part is you can see the little white parkin ticket on the dash!

how many people fall for this?! these thieving **** need to be stopped, im shocked they are allowed to carry on like this.

thanks to reading this thread i will just ignore them! but sadly i think a lot of people will be to scared and just pay up..........

No one seems to know why there has been no regulation for these scams. Perhaps they pay 50% tax as it would seem the lack of any action makes it appear that it is actually condoned by the regulating bodies and the government.

Hi first post here but have been reading this thread for some time, I am on my 2nd letter from Newlyn (2 from CEL previous) and will ignore it the same as the others, thanks for the advice.

Has anybody seen this vid before sorry if it is a repost.

From the horses mouth as it were!

All the best

That vid was popular and bandied about a lot for a while after it happened. If you intend to stay around these forums, perhaps you could put that link into your signature so it will be shown every time you make a post on any of the forums.

• 3 weeks later...

If it was that easy!!!

I would happily ignore the parking enforcement notice for parking 23mins over an allowed 2 hour slot... but we lease our car from LVM .. i received the notice from them with an invoice for admin of £17.25. If every letter received by LVM from Civil Enforcement Ltd is charge at the same rate i would be down nearly the cost of the fie after 1 more letter!!! HELP HELP.

Nathan

• 1 month later...

To continue the thread of CEL again.

I have received a letter of introduction from them stating Parking Contravention Enforcement Notice. The Enforcement Notice Amount is £125.00 but they will kindly reduce it to £75.00 if foolishly pay it within 14 days.

What also amazes me, is , apparently I have an account with them because if I fail to pay the amount due within 28 days CEL will forward my account to a debt recovery agency.

Thankfully being bored and inquisitive I read many threads on CAG and I am glad I did, especially the PPC ones. So can I expect to get more introductory letters from various companies all vying for my money.

Mind you I do find this all strange as I was signed in at an address in another County on the date on the original letter, do I waste my time and inform them of this or as it seems, if I reply they don't read replies sent to them, but send out more and more letters stating they are owed money etc.

Regards

LOB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've also received a ticket, which I have no intention of paying.

With regard to taking payments via credit cards, is it the case that a bank requires the Office of Fair trading to issue a licence to whomever they provide credit cards services to!

I may be well off base with this.

• 3 weeks later...

Just recieved a letter from these people :(

Kept trying to get through to them over the phone finally did and the line was so bad some lad passed me over to his manager and i asked for their company reg no, she put me on hold then asked for my pcn no i said no and asked if the company has a website she said no i asked again and she said no we don't but they do! :s

Should i pay these people? I don't have £75 to pay out within 14 days!!

Help please :)

x

Just recieved a letter from these people :(

Kept trying to get through to them over the phone finally did and the line was so bad some lad passed me over to his manager and i asked for their company reg no, she put me on hold then asked for my pcn no i said no and asked if the company has a website she said no i asked again and she said no we don't but they do! :s

Should i pay these people? I don't have £75 to pay out within 14 days!!

Help please :)

x

Of course you don't have to pay. Don't contact them again and ignore any correspondence from them. It's as simple as that.

• 2 weeks later...

:mad2::mad2: to day my elderly mother recieved a document in the post, advising her that she overstayed the 2 hours at the local co-op car park in bacup, lancashire....i immedialtey told her not to send a cheque to them , before i had checked it out.

We drove to the said car park and yes..there are large yellow signs placed there..informing of their prescence, is this legal and does she have to pay the said fine of forty-five pounds, which would go up to 75 if not paid within 14 days, thereafter court costs incur:jaw:

She was on the car park at the said time and date, and after speaking to local traders there ( market nearby) they told her more people had been fined..and there is nothing she can do but to pay it, i find this totally unacceptable and just obvoulsy a way of extracting money

any help or advice wud be so appreciated

thanks

She was on the car park at the said time and date, and after speaking to local traders there ( market nearby) they told her more people had been fined..and there is nothing she can do but to pay it,

That's probably because they just don't know any better. Just to be clear this is a CEL ticket, not a Council PCN?

Here are CEL's (and other PPC) threatograms

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

Tell your mother to ignore everything, eventually they will give up.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

First time poster, just thought I would add my dealings with CEL to the long list of others.

Around January 2010 I received a parking ticket for £150 for overstaying my welcome in a KFC car park (graciously reduced to £75 if payment was made within 14 days) even though I was eating at KFC. After going and speaking to the manager at KFC and phoning their head office I was point blank told that they were not going to do anything about it.

I found this forum after a quick search of the web, based on everybody’s advice I simply ignored every letter that came to my house. In total I had about 5, some form CEL some from a debt recovery agency. The cost of the ticket went up with every letter and eventually landed at around £420.

I haven’t had any more letters for the last 7 months and they seem to have got the idea and gone away to harass somebody else. Big thank you to everybody on this forum if I hadn’t read your advice I probably would have paid up.

For anybody else reading these forums like I did let me re-iterate what everybody else is saying. These guys are a bunch of clown’s don’t waste your time responding to them, simply file everything they send you and don’t worry about it, after a few months they will get board and go away.

Thanks again for everybody’s advice.

Well it's time for an update, and to thank those on this forum for their advice and support when dealing with the CEL sh*ts.

So all of you out there who are in doubt as to whether to pay these parasites or "hold out" and ignore them.

Here's a summary of my CEL story/correspondence.

Nov 2009 received grey "PARKING CONTRAVENTION ENFORCEMENT NOTICE" from CEL for £150 or £75 is settled within 14 days - IGNORED IT

Dec 2009 received pink "PARKING CONTRAVENTION ENFORCEMENT NOTICE NOTICE BEFORE LEGAL ACTION" from CEL for £150 - IGNORED IT

Feb 2010 received letter from NEWLYN demanding £238.13 titled " DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER" which included the phase "Do not ignore this letter. Further action may be taken at considerable cost to you if the debt is not cleared" - IGNORED IT.

Early March 2010 received letter from NEWLYN demanding £238.1 titled " NOTICE PRIOR TO COUNTY COURT PROCEEDINGS" which included the phase "You have failed to pay the above parking ticket, and this may now be registered in the County Court" - IGNORED IT.

End of March 2010 received letter from NEWLYN demanding £238.1 titled " NOTICE COURT ACTION" which included the phase "We have no record of recieving your payment despite our previous correspondence and now have no alternative but to pass the file back to our Client, who will then proceed with any necessary action" - IGNORED IT.

I have not heard a sausage from them since and the credit rating is just fine, so take the advice offered hear and keep your nerve and ignore these b*stards.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks