Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheers letshelp, will now hold off further letters.

I only sent a 'chase me not the company' as the fleet dept insisted some sort of passing of blame. I've only sent the company address not my home one so all they have is my name and who I work for. OK it won't take a genius to figure out more but I'm sure the fleet company would have crumbled and paid had I not done something, then passed payment to me!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers letshelp, will now hold off further letters.

I only sent a 'chase me not the company' as the fleet dept insisted some sort of passing of blame. I've only sent the company address not my home one so all they have is my name and who I work for. OK it won't take a genius to figure out more but I'm sure the fleet company would have crumbled and paid had I not done something, then passed payment to me!

Whatever you are most comfortable with.

Keep ignoring the clowns.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Relating to parking at the Hub in Milton Keynes: I got my first letter from CEL November and then another in December. I have totally ignored both, I now have two letters - one dated 15th January 2010 and the other 26th January 2010 (although both only arrived last week, within a few days of each other!) from a company called "Newlyn" saying they have been instructed by CEL to recover monies blah blah... my outstanding amount has risen from £150 to £240(!)...it also says that they want to provide me with the opportunity to pay the debt prior to proceedings being issued at the county court. Failure to clear the amount in full may result in the debt being taken to court at considerable further cost to me :mad: I just wanted to know if anyone had had anything from this company before and successfully ignored them etc or whether they are actually gearing up to take me to court (however unlikely)... does anyone know what, if any, connection this company has to CEL? i.e are they actually one and the same etc? :rolleyes: any advise helpful please... :D

Relating to parking at the Hub in Milton Keynes: I got my first letter from CEL November and then another in December. I have totally ignored both, I now have two letters - one dated 15th January 2010 and the other 26th January 2010 (although both only arrived last week, within a few days of each other!) from a company called "Newlyn" saying they have been instructed by CEL to recover monies blah blah... my outstanding amount has risen from £150 to £240

:eek::eek::eek:

(!)...it also says that they want to provide me with the opportunity to pay the debt prior to proceedings being issued at the county court.

How kind.

Failure to clear the amount in full may result in the debt being taken to court at considerable further cost to me :mad:

Very important word contained within that sentence, see if you can spot it.

I just wanted to know if anyone had had anything from this company before and successfully ignored them

Usuall nonsense from Newlyns been seen many times on here, and IGNORED.

etc or whether they are actually gearing up to take me to court (however unlikely)...

Don't hold your breath waiting to be tgaken to court.

does anyone know what, if any, connection this company has to CEL? i.e are they actually one and the same etc?

They are the teaboy on the next desk to the CEL monkey.

:rolleyes: any advise helpful please... :D

Ignore

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

To contact or not to contact - depends on what you want out of it at the end of the day. You can sit back and ignore and put up with all the harrassment over about 6-8 letters from various sources until they wise up and p**s off. they may not get what they want but meantime they are giving you grief, ok if you are strong minded.

I prefer to give as good as they give me, it wastes their time, gives me great satisfaction. I have excellent debates on the phone and the sound of the prat on the other end getting wound up gives me great pleasure. I am of the opinion that sitting back and taking it is allowing them to continue unabated. Attacking back at them en-masse may have the effect of actually reducing the amount of correspondence you get as they really do know. THEY ARE WASTING THEIR TIME

I got a ticket back in September and heard nothing, I had to phone them up in mid October to chase up my letter, :D so they spent their cash with the DVLA and sent me the letter and I sent my excellent response back. heard no more :(. IGNORE it or ENJOY it. either way DO NOT PAY IT

Another thing I didn't mention before was that there was no parking ticket stuck on the car when the 'offence' was supposed to have happened - has that got any legal relevance? (Car park near the Hub, MK)

Also I tried in vain to see if I could contact CEL, a Liverpool address was given. I tried a few numbers and spoke to a business centre that forwards their post but definitely no phone calls, they said that CEL had moved premises, which also backs up the previous posting about CEL behaving like thieving, [causing problems] toe-rags! Where's Ann Robinson when you need her?

Anyway I shall keep my cool as some of you have suggested and not do anything but send that template letter.icon11.gif

Hi, hopefully someone can give me some advice, ive read through the Thread and it would appear that Civil Enforcement Ltd are a bunch of Schemeing gits..

My Girlfiend has been parking in a CO-OP car park near where she works for the last month and yesterday received a letter in the Post from CEL.

It is asking for payment of £45 within 14 days which is steep but fair enough she shouldnt of been parked there. Our concern is that the ticket is dated the 5th Jan, which is the first day she parked there. Since then give or take a couple of days shes parked there since.

Are they legally allowed to send tickets for each of the days since? I have tried to call them but seem to go round and round in circles. Ended up leaving a message and a girl did call me back. She didnt have a clue and kept saying I should pay over the phone. I declined without getting any further forward.

Any advice that anyone can give me would be greatfully received.

Thanks everyone.. James

Yes they can bill you if they wish, and you can refuse if you wish, and you do wish so end of story. You may be in for a bunch of letters so I suggest that you either IGNORE them all or respond to the first communication and say something along the lines of.

I find your invoice to be punitive and breaks the unfair contract terms act section 5(1)(2)(3). Also I do not recognise your appeals service as it is not independant and therefore biased. I prefer this matter to be dealt with according to statute law and therefore request that you make your claim directly to the Small Claims Courts Service within 14 days. I further instruct you to make no further communication with me regarding this matter with the exception of completed, processed and stamped court papers to my address. Now please CEASE and DESIST from any further contact, if you choose to ignore my request, I will report this matter of Harassment and Intimidation to the POLICE, TRADING STANDARDS, MY MP, DVLA AND SEVERAL CONSUMER TV PROGRAMMES

iF THIS READS OK, COPY AND PASTE

Hi those of you who are worried about Civil Enforcement Ltd "fines",

I posted back in October having gotten a Parking Notice thingy from Civil Enf Ltd, I was absolutely bricking it and at the last moment considering paying it, :-( but having read every single post on here I decided to ignore them. I still ignore them and am on my 6th letter from them, the 6th received today, informing me of Notice of Court Action from Newlyn Plc (I assume a debt collection agent for CEL)????

because I haven't paid the total amount of £176.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a tiny bit scared BUT..

I will continue to IGNORE THEM and hope you all will too!! Ta all who replied to my post! I hope those who do get a "fine" from these *holes get a chance to read these forums and create a united stance!!!

well....this is interesting!! ive just done a search for central retail park Bolton and i was wrong. its not even the retail park that i go to regularly. I have never even been to the place that they say i have abused patron parking. i would love to see them provide photographic evidence of that one!!! I bet this is just a way to get me to start communicating with then...NO CHANCE!

ok people...I need advice now.. since i made contact with central ticketing they have stepped up a gear, first sending me a letter confirming that dvla gave them my details and saying that the owner of the vehicle is liable for the penalty charge when a ticket is issued. they say that i have to contact dvla and tell them that i wasnt the driver at the time and that dvla will send me a confirmation letter which i should sent to them.....

then..... i recieved a solicitors letter from graham white solicitors saying that they are taking action to recover the money and that they are adding £207 to the already increased fine making it £420 in total.....

what should i do. i am certain that i was not where they say i was when the supposed ticket was given to me!!

Come on man - you must have read the other post here, you know exactly what to do, nothing.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the DVLA. They didn't get sent your name by DVLA, they bought it.

Either read this thread or pay it, your choice.

ok people...I need advice now.. since i made contact with central ticketing they have stepped up a gear, first sending me a letter confirming that dvla gave them my details

DVLA don't give your details away, they SELL them!

and saying that the owner of the vehicle is liable

total B*S*

for the penalty charge

What!!!! PENALTY CHARGE! No chance it's an invoice. You should be begging them to take this to court.

when a ticket is issued. they say that i have to contact dvla and tell them that i wasnt the driver at the time and that dvla will send me a confirmation letter which i should sent to them.....

DVLA have nothing to do with who the driver or owner of the car is, They only record the details for the REGISTERED KEEPER. DVLA will send you nothing if you asked.

then..... i recieved a solicitors letter from graham white solicitors saying that they are taking action to recover the money and that they are adding £207 to the already increased fine making it £420 in total.....

Yep, normal progress to involve their pretend solicitor. :D

what should i do. i am certain that i was not where they say i was when the supposed ticket was given to me!!

Yo do nothing. No contact at all. No replies. No phone calls. If, and only if, they send REAL STAMPED court papers, come back here for more advise. (But don't hold your breath that it will get that far.)

Here's a new one. Although I have chosen to do what I did with the last [problem] i.e. nothing, and I heard no more, I thought I would run my wife's Enforcement Notice from CEF past 'Which Legal Services' just to see what they say.

Answer: "...by parking in a private car park you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions as laid out on the signs. Providing the signs/conditions were clearly displayed, and detail the fines that will be incurred, then you will be liable to pay the fine".

What says anyone to that ?

Sorry, not sure what your reply is implying ?

Fines are the same as penalties and as such a private company has no legal right to apply penalites where an alledged breach of contract takes place. They can only charge for their true losses resulting from this breach of contract (which in most PPC cases - zilch)

Which Legal Services clearly don't seem to know what on earth they are talking about.

...by parking in a private car park you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions as laid out on the signs. Providing the signs/conditions were clearly displayed, and detail the fines that will be incurred, then you will be liable to pay the fine".

Balls.

This is contract law. What is the offer? The offer on the sign is you agree to the condition of parking and displaying a permit.

If they are saying £45 is a fee agreed by way of T&Cs, not a penalty, they must mean the £45 refers to a separate offer of that you DON'T park following these conditions. How can an offer be an offer if the offer is for not carrying out what another offer is offering?

If they are saying that the only offer is not to park, then the £45 MUST be a penalty charge because the contract to only park with a permit has been breached. What are their actual losses for this? £0.

Penalty = fine. Neither are enforceable in civil law.

A127 - sorry, I'm still finding your last post a tad confusing- not saying it's wrong, just I can't understand it.

The latest from Which Legal is....

It is correct that private parking is governed by contract law and not criminal law. There is no right to park on private land but if you do park on private land you agree to be bound by any terms and conditions that may be laid out in any signs that appear on the land, as long these signs are clearly visible.

The contract will exist between the driver that parked the vehicle and the landowner/parking company. Accordingly if they were to pursue you for the fine and issued a claim the courts a Judge would have to be satisfied, on the evidence, that you had parked the car. If you choose not to pay the fine then the PPC may instruct a debt collection company to seek payment and may place a negative reference on your credit rating.

In view of the above if you require further advice please check what signs, if any, there are in the car park , what they say and also where they are positioned if you require further advice.

** I have asked about the fact that the 'fine' is levied against the driver - NOT the registered keeper.

BUT - they seem to be saying that, notwithstanding that, they can levy a fine of £120 for overstaying, because by parking there, those terms were agreed to.

-- that bit makes sense --

I await their reply, and look forward to any on here.

Cheers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks