Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Yadagi

As I am not a selfish person, this set of "xxx" I will let the Firemen share the "kisses" :D:D. BUT........ next time can you please 4 on and not just 3? Cheers.

Joking apart, you are doing the right thing. They are just like mosquitoes. Irritating at best and just after your blood but due to the PC Brigade in this country, the best you can do is either ignore them, brush them away or swear at them. :D:D

Incidentally, I HOPE you are NOT throwing all the paperwork you get from them in the bin. Remember to recycle. Keep them back. If you ever get a puppy you can use them to train the puppy where and what to pee on.

Ok just for you Nick.....

And I am a firm believer in recycling, I am keeping everything. I may even laminate them as someone else has done on here and put them up in the shed for decoration one day.

Also, interestingly some very close friends of ours watched their car being towed away from their driveway by a DCA, for a £ 700 (or thereabouts) fine that had accumalated over the year, but theirs was a parking fine issued by the local council, they have now had advice and are trying to get their car back , plus compensation ,as they hadn't been taken to court either.

I told them the advice I read here , that they should have called the police and told them their car was being stolen???? .Would that have worked?

I will keep updating you all, thanks for all your help, and making me laugh .

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Another first time poster.

I too have recieved a PCN from CEL stating that I overstayed 17 minutes more than the allotted 3 hours.

This travisty took place at the rivergate Shopping centre, Irvine, Scotland.

This "alleged offence" took place on 21/08/09, I did not recieve any correspondence from CEL untill 09/09/09, CEL kindly stated that if I coughed up before 14 days I could pay £40, however I did not recieve the PCN untill 19 days after the "offence"

I was not the driver that day, however the person driving is pregnant and had a 4 month child with her who upon getting to the car (on time) needed to be fed, So she fed the baby within the car and left thinking that all was ok as she did not have a ticket her windscreen. She didn't think anything about it.

I have been reading through the various posts in this thread and it seems to me that I can take a few different routes in dealing with these chancers.

1 Completely ignore them do not respond to any form of communication and hope that they get the message and go away.

2 Reply to their correspondence using the templete letter(s) on this thread, continuing to do so untill they stop lettering me.

As yet I am still unsure what course of action to take and I am open to suggestions to what to do next.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

I received a ticket from these clowns back in January. I have had several letters (maybe 4 or 5?), threatening me with allsorts,including baillifs coming over Hadrian's wall....:shock::shock::shock::D:D

Best to ignore, and do not waste ink,paper,your saliva in licking envelopes, or shoe leather to the post office, or any money phoning them..

I have ignored, and all has gone quiet for months now. I kept the letters and occasionally bring them out the drawer to laugh at when I am having a "down day"

for decriminalised parking there is no court stage

Does this mean that the local authority do not need to take you to court to issue allow bailiffs to take a car away?

Is this also true for non local authority PCN's . Now I'm a bit confused? (Doesn't take much !!!:confused:)

Do not pay these guys at all !! Civil enforcement ltd are a con team and have no links with councils or government agencies. They employ their own bailiffs and will leave you alone after sending 3-4 letters to you !! They have a non existant appeals process so dont wate your time

Do not call their team on 0115 822 5020. as they will see you as a victim. They pay £2.50 to the DVLA for your info and intimidate you !! They legally cannot make you pay and their Invoices look like they are done up by students with little legal pics on them and multi coloured !

they have a address which is in horton house, exchange flags, liverpool, l2 3pf though they are often moving offices and changing numbers !! They are based in Nottingham actually though only give away a PO BOX address. !!!

There fines are a rip off !!!! DO NOT PAY OR CONTACT THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. They are being investigated again by the local trading standards for not having a valid licence and breaching their conviction conditons !!! (Sept 09)

They cannot hold the registed keeper responsible as this is illeagal and the £10 they want for proof of the photo is a con and besides they can then charge your card / have your bank details from the cheque !!!

They will not take you to court as they are acting fraudulently ! Why would people use these cowboys ?

Regards

Managed to get myself a parking ticket this week!!:mad:

First day at a new job after being made redundant in July, late as loads of traffic, nearly had an accident on the way, (not my fault) so was stressed out when I parked in a side street near to the hospital in London, which had resident permit parking. Read the sign 5 times as restriction Mon-Sun 8am - 9am.

Thought ok, as was 9:06 am. Went to work, came back at 5 :15 and found a ticket. Restriction was until 9pm!!!!!!! Just goes to show , in a stressful situation you cannot see things as they are. Have to pay as local authority PCN and I'm lucky they didn't tow my car away.

HAd to laugh about it.

Yesterday my friend who has also started working with me, parked in the hospital car park, couldn't get money in meter, went to hospital security who patrol car park and told them situation and they promised they would not ticket her( as we are waiting for our permits,) she even put a note in the window and when we finished at 6pm she found a ticket.!!!!!

grrrrrr!!!!

I don't think she should pay as it must be the same as my hubby's situation with regards to private land????

CEL are not and never have been based in Nottingham. This [problem] is in fact operated from across various locations in the London area by one Gary Wayne.

A previous address in Nottingham was merely a mail drop/forwarding facility provided by DBH Serviced Business Centres Ltd.

For a brief period CEL varied their arrangement with DBH, & changed their 'registered' address to PO Box 9366, Nottingham, NG4 9BQ, a local Royal Mail delivery depot. Mail received at the depot was then delivered to the nearby DBH building, who in turn forwarded it to CEL to an address in NW9. (An average of 30/40 letters a day).

Following numerous complaints made by irate 'victims' to DBH, they (DBH) subsequently terminated their contract with CEL.

CEL then 'relocated' to the Horton House, Liverpool address where the same mail arrangements continue.

CEL have retained the phone number quoted which has a Nottingham area code, but this is just a recorded 24 hour payment line.

Caggers may recall that earlier in June I posted a thread on this forum entitled 'Civil Enforcement Ltd - their secret lair revealed'.

In this thread I gave some detailed background information on CEL & revealed the address in NW9 to which their mail is forwarded. The thread attracted several response posts & in the region of 2500 viewings.

Unfortunately in early August the entire thread was 'unapproved' & deleted by a Site Team member. I have since made several requests to the Site Team member concerned & Site Administration to 're-approve' the thread (minus any contentious issues) but regretfully after the passage of some 10 weeks, am still patiently awaiting the courtesy of a response as to the justification in deleting the entire thread.

CEL Can you PM me their contact details?

CEL Can you PM me their contact details?

Ist time user JonCris, CEL? PM?

CEL is the poster/member who refers to their address

& PM is the means by which we can send 'private messages' to each other. Click on the posters name then on 'send private message'

Sorry Strawdog,

New to this site. I thiink i got your message mixed up with a guy whos mum got a ticket and was very worried and he was trying to sort it out for her. It was back in June but I can't find it now. You probably tried to give him some advice and I have got confused. not sure what #982 refers to!

Sorry Strawdog,

New to this site. I thiink i got your message mixed up with a guy whos mum got a ticket and was very worried and he was trying to sort it out for her. It was back in June but I can't find it now. You probably tried to give him some advice and I have got confused. not sure what #982 refers to!

No prob - #982 merely refers my cumulative numbered post in this thread as indicated at the extreme right of the blue band opposite the date & time entry which identifies the post.

I presume you are being hassled by CEL (Civil Enforcement Ltd) & their sidekicks Newlyn Plc - ignore everything they throw at you (unless sealed court papers which ain't gonna happen anyway with this particular double act). I've held out for well over 2 years & want my day in court but they just will not play ball. Most frustrating.

Post back if you need any further reassurance etc.

thanks for that Strawdog, most reassuring!

has anyone ever appeared on your door step demanding the money? How much was their last demand for? Do you think that the escalating fine will ever get to a value that will make it worth their while to take you to court?

thanks for that Strawdog, most reassuring!

has anyone ever appeared on your door step demanding the money? How much was their last demand for? Do you think that the escalating fine will ever get to a value that will make it worth their while to take you to court?

I wish - but to answer your question, no never. There are however examples now of Newlyn phoning 'victims' if numbers have been revealed to them or traced by other means. Should that occur, say nothing & just simply hang up.

Last demand was for over £250. No I don't think that the escalating invoice amount (it's not a fine, please remember that - only the police, LA's & courts have the power to impose fines) will ever get to a level that will make it worth their while to take you to County Court.

Furthermore, I am not aware of any cases they have taken to court, nevermind won.

CEL & Newlyn don't do Court & would lose if they did. It's all a numbers game to them & you are just another punter. They rely totally on piling on the psychological pressure until some sadly can take no more & cave in, whilst others remain uninformed & just readilly accept the situation without question & cough-up.

I've said this before, & I'll say it again, but do also bear two things in mind :

1. If these were bona fide claims such as for unpaid bills etc you would receive 2 or 3 reminders at most from the company concerned & then court papers would follow all within a relatively short period of time .

So what do CEL, Newlyn & the like do? - well we all know the answer to that. Cowboys yes - but all hat & no cattle in their case.

2. Remember that I & many others are far ahead of you in the queue. So what's so special about you (no offence intended). I would feel very miffed if you were taken to court before me.

Relax & as is so often said on the forum, IGNORE, IGNORE & THRICE IGNORE -it just aint gonna happen.

Don't let them take you for a mug.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I too received a parking charge from these guys in July 2009 but after referring to this forum I ignored their demands. Further demands were sent and I have now received a letter from Newlyn PLC requesting payment or baliff action and possibly court action.

I had overstayed in a Co-op car park by 1 hr! - unfortunately it was the first time id ever been to the Co-op and so we took our time and enjoyed a coffee in their in-store cafe. As we are new to the area we were unaware of the restrictions and now my wife is so worried that she wants us to pay the £175 Newlyn now demand.

Should I pay or send a letter now to Civil enforcements requesting that they contact the driver? As i walked to the car and drove off Im worried that they could pull out some video to verify this.

help me experienced consumer fighters!

Stores particularly big ones with cafes seem to be setting times which make no allowance for people using their facilities & who are as a result being targeted by these clamp bandits

A letter to the stores HO pointing out this glaring anomaly & the threat that you won't shop there again might bring them to their senses

(it's not a fine, please remember that - only the police, LA's & courts have the power to impose fines)
Sorry to slightly correct but in a High Court Hearing (the one where the lad from Worcester (forgot his name) tried to use the 1689 Bill Of Rights) it was stated that they are not fines but they are penalties. If it was a "fine" then article 12 of the 1689 Bill of Rights would come into force.

requesting payment or baliff action and possibly court action.
Ok. Some humour in the reply......... mainly to show you that there is no need to worry......

Sending the bailiffs. Simple bla bla. Tell your Mrs they cannot send bailiffs. Maximum then can send is a debt collector who, according to guidelines, you can tell him/her to get lost if they knock on your door. A debt collector is as good as a wolf with no teeth. To involve bailiffs, it HAS to go to Court, they HAVE to win the case and then ONLY if you do not pay within the stipulated time CAN bailiffs become involved. In which case, your Mrs declares she has thrown you out, the stuff in her home is her private and personal property, the Order was against you and not her and lucky for the bailiff you DID leave a pair of dirty boxer shorts which as it is the ONLY item you have left behind they are welcome to confiscate and sell on to enjoy the proceeds. :D:D

my wife is so worried that she wants us to pay the £175 Newlyn now demand.

Tell her fair enough but it is going to come out of the allowance for her Christmas Present. Think that will make her think twice and three times. :D:D

If it is about CEL then you have had the help. If it is about help with the Mrs and her wanting to send the cheque, then I am sorry but personally I am a failure when it comes to handling women. :rolleyes::rolleyes::(

Stores particularly big ones with cafes seem to be setting times which make no allowance for people using their facilities & who are as a result being targeted by these clamp bandits

A letter to the stores HO pointing out this glaring anomaly & the threat that you won't shop there again might bring them to their senses

Agree but what I have read is that basically the reply will be that "It has been noticed the car park was being abused for long stay and to make it fair on the general public they have to make conditions". Most probably get some apology and it will make no difference. The signage will stay.

IMPORTANT: BE CAREFUL how you word the letter. Stating that "I have seen the signage and do not believe it is fair in case I MAY accidentally stay longer and hence get a charge" IS ONE THING.

Writing and saying "I was in your car park on (so and so date) and I got this invoice/charge while I was shopping and having a cup of coffee in your cafe" MEANS YOU ARE ADMITTING TO HAVING BEEN THE DRIVER OF THAT VECHILE ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY AND AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME. IN WHICH CASE, CEL THEN CAN POSSIBLY FIND OUT WHO THE DRIVER WAS. (Caps is for emphasis and not shouting). Do NOT forget, the main argument is that "It is the driver who entered into a contract". Stating you were the driver = you have given them ammunition.

Edited by nick20045
Added IMPORTANT

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

my wife is so worried that she wants us to pay the £175 Newlyn now demand.!

Please PM me your wifes details so I can also send a scary letter demanding £175, especially as your wife appears happy to send money to any Tom, Dick or Harry that cares to write to her.

Is ther not a charity more worthy of your money than sending to a bunch of crooks with no more credibility than the Nigerian email [problematic]?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hey Everyone,

I too received a parking charge from these guys in July 2009 but after referring to this forum I ignored their demands. Further demands were sent and I have now received a letter from Newlyn PLC requesting payment or baliff action and possibly court action.

I had overstayed in a Co-op car park by 1 hr! - unfortunately it was the first time id ever been to the Co-op and so we took our time and enjoyed a coffee in their in-store cafe. As we are new to the area we were unaware of the restrictions and now my wife is so worried that she wants us to pay the £175 Newlyn now demand.

Should I pay or send a letter now to Civil enforcements requesting that they contact the driver? As i walked to the car and drove off Im worried that they could pull out some video to verify this.

DITTO the plethora of advice & experiences of many already given regarding CEL & Newlyn plc on this & other forums.

Take time out to research, have a read & get your wife to do the same.

Bottom line - continue to ignore & don't pay.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks