Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok , so if i ignore this first letter , will they send me another one asking for £150 ? Has anyone else ignored the first letter?.

Is it reasonable for them to ask for the money as the signs quite clearly state that you have to pay after the 90 mins is up? Also if they have CCTV of my husband getting in or out of the car can they use it against him?

Thanks so far for your replies, i'lll check back first thing in the morning.

xxx

p.s the KFC manager said the reason they did this was that they never had any parking for their own staff as the car park was always full, I think it is BS as when ever I drove past there it was never full.

Edited by Yadagi

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok , so if i ignore this first letter , will they send me another one asking for £150 ?
Yes they will and you ignore that one as well. Luv, look at it like you are really annoyed with your husband. What will you do? You will ignore him. So, you are annoyed with CEF then just ignore them. :D:D. Come on luv! This is what females are trained to do!!!!!!! :roll: Also so you will know, you will get some letters from a Debt Collection Agency but........ you ignore them as well.

Has anyone else ignored the first letter?.

Loads and loads have. You aint gonna be in the Guiness book of Records as the first one.

Is it reasonable for them to ask for the money as the signs quite clearly state that you have to pay after the 90 mins is up?

IF your husband was to put up a sign in the bedroom saying that you agree to have a threesome twice a week, would you also class that as reasonable? Anybody can put a sign up. The question is whether it is reasonable or not.

Also if they have CCTV of my husband getting in or out of the van can they use it against him?

Only footage they have is a number plate of a car going in and a same numberplate going out. Nothing more. You can say it was Gordon Brown driving and they will not be able to dispute it.

Thanks so far for your replies, i'lll check back first thing in the morning.

xxx

AWWWWWWWWW we got kisses as well. :grin:

p.s I think it is BS

Hmmmm you do know that quite a few men love it when a female talks dirty. LOL. :D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ohhhhhhhhh........ Sorry for being a bit "naughty" in the replies. Suffer from a mad sense of humour LOL.

Edited by nick20045

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

Ok , so if i ignore this first letter , will they send me another one asking for £150 ? Has anyone else ignored the first letter?...

If you read what I, and the many other contributors to this thread, have added, you will find all your questions answered. A good 10 minutes reading the previous pages will make you more assured like I became.

If you ignore the 1st letter, yes, you'll get another...

...then another but from the usual "debt recovery company"

... and another

... and even another one

... and yet another one!

and that's as far as it's got. :)

Nick , you have made me laugh so much tonight, just had a quick look on here ,and now I'm going to go to bed happy!!!!!

ok, I'm going to bite the bullet and totally ignore this letter, andf all the rest from CEL, but when i recieve the letter from the DCA, do I ignore that too, or send a reply telling them the charge is disputed with Cel even though I won't have actually disputed anything as I have been ignoring them, get my drift???

Thanks again

xxxxx:p

If you read what I, and the many other contributors to this thread, have added, you will find all your questions answered. A good 10 minutes reading the previous pages will make you more assured like I became.

If you ignore the 1st letter, yes, you'll get another...

...then another but from the usual "debt recovery company"

... and another

... and even another one

... and yet another one!

and that's as far as it's got. :)

Thank you and sorry, I have already read almost all the previous threads, and others on other forums, but just need reasurrance as alot of them go back to 2007, and wanted to be sure that the law still stands as it did then. xxx

Just ignore everything but keep them (for reference/amusement).

I was the same and needed to see recent "evidence" as assurance after receiving the first "invoice" out of the blue: it soon came! :)

By adding updates, I and yourself will provide up-to-date information for all the other unlucky people who find themselves in the position we once were.

Edited by cabbagebike
Text change

Nick , you have made me laugh so much tonight
Glad to have been of help. Few hours ago you were panicing, now you have had a laugh. :D

just had a quick look on here ,and now I'm going to go to bed happy!!!!!

You cheated!!!!!!! Shame on you!!!! You said you will have a look tomorrow morning.

ok, I'm going to bite the bullet and totally ignore this letter, andf all the rest from CEL, but when i recieve the letter from the DCA, do I ignore that too

Right, CEL are like your hubby having done something and is now in your bad book. What do women do when the hubby has made them angry? They give the cold shoulder. Now, the DCA is like "your inlaws" trying to take his side in an argument. What do you do? You ignore them. :D

or send a reply telling them the charge is disputed with Cel even though I won't have actually disputed anything as I have been ignoring them, get my drift???

Price of a first class stamp can pay for a nice lollipop. Choice: Lollipop or write to the DCA. I prefer a Lollipop. :D

Thanks again

xxxxx:p

Awwwww kisses again. Behave woman.

p.s. Have a good night. Sweet dreams. And tell your hubby he is lucky to have a wife like you that checks things first. :wink::wink::wink:

Edited by nick20045
Typo errors

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

Glad to have been of help. Few hours ago you were panicing, now you have had a laugh. :D

You cheated!!!!!!! Shame on you!!!! You said you will have a look tomorrow morning.

Right, CEL are like your hubby having done something and is now in your bad book. What do women do when the hubby has made them angry? They give the cold shoulder. Now, the DCA is like "your inlaws" trying to take his side in an argument. What do you do? You ignore them. :D

p.s. Have a good night. Sweet dreams. And tell your hubby he is lucky to have a wife like you that checks things first. :wink::wink::wink:

Can they send the heavy mob knocking on the door or gain entry by an open window? I'm sure they can't but need more reasurrance

It's like you really know me hehehe :wink: Well you obviously know women really well !

I read this out to him this morning and he laughed, thanks for that , as now I have more proof of how lucky he is to have me as his wife.:wink::wink:

I will def post updates on here to keep all informed. xxx

Edited by Yadagi

Can they send the heavy mob knocking on the door or gain entry by an open window? I'm sure they can't but need more reasurrance
I dont like short answers so will not just write the word "No". The following is IF (and remember the word IF) they try to pursue it: A DCA can basically only write letters, try to make phone calls (so obviously you NEVER call them) and possibly send a collector to knock on your door. Re letters you ignore. Re phone calls if they DO ring you hang up or ask them if they want to order a no 32 from the menu as it is on "Special" today. (If they ask what a no 32 is, tell them it is "Garlic fried cat on rice"). :rolleyes::D A DCA knocking on the door, you just tell him to leave and he HAS TO LEAVE otherwise it is harrassment and you can get the police to remove the person. IF (or should I say WHEN) you get the letter from the DCA you can Cut and Paste the following and send it to them. Then it makes it illegal for them to come to your home OR send anybody on their behalf. The ONLY person that can come to your home and obtain property is a Court BAILIFF. For a Court Bailiff to have right, it has to be taken to Court, found guilty, allowed time to pay (which IF it came to that (although hardly possible) then you ask to pay £4 a week as minimum payment) and ONLY if you fail to pay can an application be made for Court Bailiffs to become involved. Then again, you are a female and a mother. IF a bailiff was to become involved tell him you have thrown your hubby out and the only thing left is a pair of old shoes which he can have. The rest is YOURS and you are entitled by Law to your property and especially if it will effect the lifestyle of your children. :wink::wink:

It's like you really know me hehehe :wink: Well you obviously know women really well !

So well, I have been divorced twice :grin::grin:. Now try and think why? LOL.

p.s. Have a nice day.

p.p.s. Keep a copy of the following. IF a DCA writes stating they will send somebody round then something like:

To: XYZ

Address: Bla bla bla

Date:

Your ref: Didli doo boo hoo hoo

Dear Sirs

Further to your letter bearing the above reference and dated the bla bla bla

"I note that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Take note, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or any of your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless. Any trespassers you attempt to send therefore will be dealt with accordingly."

Yours sincerely

Mrs/Ms Love to laugh

Edited by nick20045

Thank you Nick,

I will probably end up kicking him out if it comes to it.

No probs. Sorry got a mad sense of humour. Anyway You SHOULD really read a few of the posts so you will get the general idea. Basically, (well from what I understand anyway although I do wish there were photos allowed as it makes it easier to look at pictures then read words) it goes like this........ (With some humour added LOL).

a: The DRIVER entered into a contract with CEL (the PPC or Private Parking Company) that if they stay longer then allowed as free parking the DRIVER will pay £X.

b: The PPC takes a photo of numberplate on entry and one on exit. If over limit sends a PCN.

c: It first of all is NOT a PCN but an invoice for enforcing the contract. Enforcing a contract entered between two people is not a Penalty. (So they are already in the wrong there).

d: They get the info from DVLA (Tut tut Dear Goverment). So they send the PCN to the registered keeper.

e: The registered keeper says "At the time I was at London Studios doing a movie. While I was acting, anybody could have taken the keys to my car and gone on an errand. I was too occupied to notice what was going on". :-D:-D

f: They will say tell us who was the driver or, they may say "As you are the registered keeper you are liable".

g: You reply "Naughty naughty! You are not the plod and have no rights like they do to demand the name of the driver". (Actually you can deny the name of the driver to the police as well. All you have to do is tell them that you were drunk and any of your kids or their friends may have taken the car without consent).

h: The PPC will then try and use bully tactics, give extentions to pay orginal penalty bla bla bla. OR they may send it to a DCA.

i: DCA comes in and you get a letter that you will think was written by Her Hon. Maggie Thatcher. :-D

j: You can ignore it or you can send them the "Removal of trespass" in a reply. Hopefully they will ignore it and knock on the door. Then you have the right to sue them. As the DCA has got "no teeth" and especially you have removed their right to knock on your door, they send it back to the PPC.

k: The PPC now has three options: (1) To write to you again trying to get some money. (2) To forget all about it. (3) Take it to Court.

l: The problem with (3) is who do they sue? They do not know who was driving. The contract is between the driver (not the registered keeper) and the PPC. You can just turn round and tell them it was your sister who lives in Spain had come over for a week holiday and borrowed your car. Now sue her. She lives in Malaga. :roll::roll:

m: Now work out what are the chances of having to pay considering they do not know who they have to sue in the first place....... ALTHOUGH if you do not like your inlaws you can give their names, and address. Cause them some grief and get your own back on them. LOL.

Now what did you do to end up divorced twice, make them laugh too much????:D
Ahhhh, my second marraige. She was foreign. Was married to her for 4 years. Was a great marraige to be honest as long as she believed I worked for MI5, I could not have her living in my home in England due to security, she could not ask me where I was going to be and why I would disappear for days (even months) at a time, and how she had to work so that she cannot be traced from the bank account.

Then the silly woman went and ruined everything cos she started learning English. And there was me........ at one time happy I had married a true blonde. What was wrong with speaking broken English????? :(:(

P.S, one more question, where would the DCa get our phone number from, as we are ex-directory,can they obtain mobile numbers?
If you are ex directory then should be ok. As far as I know usually they get the phone number if somebody makes the mistake of calling them for some reason or another.

p.s. Have a nice day. :-D

Edited by nick20045

Great reading Nick, you have made a whole fire station laugh.

Yadagi, Nick's advice is good just ignore the clowns.

regards

OHHHHH Firemen!!!!!!! Thank you guy's , you don't know how much i like firemen and fire trucks !!!!!LOL:-D

And again thank you so much Nickxxx

OHHHHH Firemen!!!!!!! Thank you guy's , you don't know how much i like firemen and fire trucks !!!!!LOL:-D

And again thank you so much Nickxxx

Digressing a bit but the Firemen can eat their heart out. I am the one that got the kisses. :D:D:p:p

Hi,

(Drum Roll) I have now offically reached stage 3 :D

Stage One we want £75.00 off you :D

Dear Sir/Madam,

With regards to your Parking fine "I refer to the above Parking Notice and subsequent warning letter demanding payment of a penalty charge several months later. You state in your correspondence that terms and conditions were 'clearly and prominently displayed' on your client’s premises and therefore the inference is that by entering your client’s premises the driver of a vehicle has a legal obligation to abide by, and pay any charges incurred, under the terms and conditions, if you can supply me with photographic evidence of the driver leaving and exiting I will be able to check the possible driver at the time.

I also noticed you wish to charge £10 for this evidence that I will refuse to pay.

Stage Two we want £150.00 off you :D

I refer to previous correspondence I do not feel that you are acting reasonably in this matter

I note that you have increased the amount of the alleged debt. Given that you have failed to substantiate and support your claim that I am indebted to you; this is unreasonable, inappropriate and, quite probably, unlawful.

I have asked you to provide the photographic evidence to substantiate your claim against the driver and you have not done so. I feel that I have done all that I can to assist you. Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against the driver I shall be unable to help you further in this matter as my previous correspondence requested

You should also be advised that in your letter you warn that subsequent enforcement action would be carried out using Bailiffs. I should advise you that English Bailiffs have no legal authority in Scotland and any action taken by them would be regarded as a criminal offence

I note you intend to raise an action in court within seven days I am advised that I should obtain from you a copy of the agreement between yourselves and your client under which you have a legal right to impose parking charges, together with a copy of the appropriate legislation upon which you intend to found jurisdiction, In order that I may consult my solicitor in order to prepare a defence to any action. I should be grateful, therefore, if you would forward these to me as soon as possible

I also note your comments about debt collectors. Given that this debt is in dispute I shall simply advise them that the debt is in dispute and they will have to refer back to you I will welcome the opportunity to defend your allegation in court and am confident of success. Of course you will be required to produce the evidence that I have requested and you have failed to provide. You will also have to answer to the court why you failed to do so.

Other than as described above, any further correspondence from you or any other party in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

have a nice day xx

Stage Three is now a letter from the SHARKS

Cessation of Correspondance

We refer to your recent letter,

We have already expended considerable time responding to your representations.We have already clearly stated our case and cannot corresponding with you. (does that even make sense the last part?)

The Decision that has been sent is final, and your continued failure to make payment will result in this matter being forwarded to a collection agency for recovery.

your Faithfully,

UNREADABLE NAME

anyone else got to stage 4 yet?

Should i just ignore them or maybe hit them with a charge?

I am a bit annoyed to be honest as this letter isnt going to match the computer block mailing ones on my wall that i have laminated!!:(

I shall put lots of xxxxxxxxx as you get a very very quick response XXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by AcidC4

I've just found the answer to my own question above and they are not the same company.

I've also found a list of members of the Approved Operator Scheme. I'm sure its on this site elsewhere already but I've provided the link to it below in case it isn't.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/files/aos/members_of_the_aos__sept_2009.pdf

did you verify this on Companies House ? sometimes there is common ownership of multiple companies e.g EXCEL, ANPR International and V.C.S. are all owned by the same person. That makes them 'the same' to me even if they are different companies legally.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I first posted on here in April when we received the original invoice. After ignoring everything, I have just taken a phone call from Newlyn asking to speak to my husband (RK). I didn't realise who was asking for him until I had already confirmed that he wasn't available, so they know that they have the right number now. The cheeky woman even asked for my name too, and to make sure I had a pen and paper to take down the message to phone them back (yeah ok).

Anyone else had a call from them? Should I have told her that we have absolutely no intention of paying?

Thanks everyone!

stage 2 , and ignoring xxx

Dear Yadagi

As I am not a selfish person, this set of "xxx" I will let the Firemen share the "kisses" :D:D. BUT........ next time can you please 4 on and not just 3? Cheers.

Joking apart, you are doing the right thing. They are just like mosquitoes. Irritating at best and just after your blood but due to the PC Brigade in this country, the best you can do is either ignore them, brush them away or swear at them. :D:D

Incidentally, I HOPE you are NOT throwing all the paperwork you get from them in the bin. Remember to recycle. Keep them back. If you ever get a puppy you can use them to train the puppy where and what to pee on.

Just updating:

Not heard a sausage for some time now. Followed the great help of members from here and ignored everything. Just carry on with your life as usual and forget about them :) I've retained the paperwork they've sent for reference to help others.

Will update as usual. Cheers! :)

Just updating: It's been silent for a quarter of the year now :) Hope this helps all who were like me in the beginning :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks