Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I won't be letting any bailiffs in of course, but that's not what i asked. I asked whether this company will actually attempt to take me to court.

Apologies, I genuinely can't answer that. What they will do is try and make you think that they will and they will try and make you think that they have certain powers before they do so.

If they do attempt to take you to court then at least they are being honest about it and you will have the opportunity to defend yourself. The process is not something to be concerned about, it's very informal. Think of it as more of a round table discussion. Rules are much more relaxed and certainly no wigs and gowns etc.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I just find their threats unnerving, when they catch me off guard. Usually after a day or so i buck up and get back to simply being angry at them. I'd rather go to court than cave in, i just don't want to imagine bailiffs visiting my home while i'm at work.

I guess they prey on this fear, which is why i despise them.

Do not worry about Bailiffs, they are a long way off, if ever. Take the advice from the experienced on this site, Bailiffs cannot enter your home without the Warrant of Execution, which has to issued and signed by a Judge, and you will certainly be informed of this by the Court, before any Gorilla comes a knocking.

Whatever you do, do not let any one into your home without fully checking thier documents for authenticity. !

HI all

Have been reading your threads avidly as I too have received notices from these cowboys! Am sending a copy of your second letter telling them to contact the driver of vehicle, as my company is registered keeper, and our ticket was also issued at mcdonalds gatwick drive thru, etc. in june and I too received the standard final reminder this morning. AS seems to be the case with everyone else, they also cannot spell my name correctly! Will keep you all posted with outcome. Thanks to Big Man for the advice about the 'gorillas', will remember that if it comes to that. Hopefully not.

Hi All,

I too have received a final reminder for the FULL amount of £170,yet the signs within the car park state £150.They did NOT respond to my letter telling for them to contact the driver,which is no great surprise!!

Does anyone know if I have any standing on the difference of the amounts this company is trying to extort and any advice as whether to respond or not and in what format?

I received a PCN from Civil Enforcements Ltd at the end of July. It did look a bit odd and I rang to question why I had been charged in a free car park. I was told that free parking was only for 2 hours and they had photographic evidence tht I was parked and was told there were numerou signs around the car park. I gave in and paid the £30 at this point (if I had seen this site before I wouldn't have bothered). I have now received a 'Final reminder befoe legal action' notice. Why, when I have paid?

I rang them again and left a message to call me back, as you can ever get through straight away. I came home to answer machine message today saying hat for some reason my payment hadn't gone though and to call back to pay again (at the reduced rate as it isn't my fault - how nice of them), if I have proof by means of a bank statement that he payment has been taken then I need to write to the appeals department with a copy of the bank statement.

What a complete and utter waste of time!! This company is just ridiculous and have no idea what they are doing. Complete charlatans!!!

I'm just going to ignore the final notice as they can't take me to court when I know i've paid and have proof on my statement, I'm not wasting any more of my time talking to them.

If only i'd found this ebsite first!

Hello all,

I'm going through the motions with these idiots myself at the moment.

Having initially received a 'fine' for parking in Gatwick McDonalds:o

====================================================

Hiya guys

I have just opened my £100 'Parking Contravention Enforcement Notice' for parking for 48 minutes at the Gatwick South BP Connect (on the other side of the petrol pumps from McDonalds). It states that "...the vehicle breached the limited free stay allowence as clearly stated on the signage..."

Does anyone know how long this free stay allowence is?

Has anyone actually been taken to court by CEL?

My friend recently received a final reminder basically saying pay up in 7 days or we're taking you to court blah blah blah. I've read the advice threads on here and advised her accordingly including sending the letter telling them to invoice the driver and not the registered owner of the vehicle.

Hi, 1st time poster, discovered this place after receiving an extremely dubious ticket in the post from CEL. The alleged offence is staying 15 minutes over 2 hours in a Co-Op supermarket car park in Sunderland.

I spoke to the manager of the store who expressed his disgust in the only way he could ("its not ideal and its not the way i'd do it"), before coming home and finding this place. I'm looking at drafting a letter based on the templates here to basically say "go away, i refute you, try and take me to court if you can, we both know you can't". I spoke to the CAB and i knew more than them on the subject.

So what i'm doing now is going to see my solicitor for some advice before i send the letter, are there any tips i should use? I've read the FAQs but obviously it's quite a lot to take in in once go.

Lastly, their letter looks like it's been knocked up in an hour in Wordpad, and they've spelled my address wrongly, and the address of the car park wrongly (the word square spelled wrong). It's amateurish in the extreme, but i am a little bit concerned on what action they'll take to get my money.

Every time i look at the letter though it angers me so much i simply won't pay them a penny. Any advice anyone?

hi choco

what was the outcome to your ticket. i have just had the same thing in leeds and they seem to want to take us to court. i was just interested to see if there was any way i could use as not to pay this ticket

thanks

shaun

Oh joy! I have just become another victim of these people. I parked on a roadside near a town centre and to be fair this probably does have signs saying parking for 1 hour etc etc but because I had a lot of stuff on my mind at the time I in complete honesty never gave it a second thought.

So I have received a demand for £90 (£45 if I pay in 14 days). I have read the FAQ's and it irritates me that they charge so much for what was a genuine mistake. I am in two minds whether or not to send them the template letter. Your comments would be appreciated!

Clavicle

Good day all. I have received a Parking Contravention Enforcement notice for the Co-op car park in Chingford. The times on it are wrong as there is no way the car could have been parked for that period of time. 08:55 - 16:18

I was hoping that Choco would have a result by now as I have seen first hand how bailiffs act (not at my house , but through my profession) and relly dont want them at my door.

I will be sending the stock reply letter. Will keep you updated

Seakie, it's a civil ticket, and therefore unenforceable - the only people that may call round are debt collectors, not bailiffs. Bailiffs are for enforcing court fines and fees; anyone can hire a debt collector, and they pretty much have no legal power at all unless they take you to court and win.

Let us know how you get on.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Hello Evryone

I am also one of the lucky ones and note that this is my first encounter with Parking Contravention Enforcement Notice and this is my first ever notice on any of the forums!!

I have been through a number of comments made and come to a conclusion that this is all rubbish...my notice states that my car was parked for 2.5 hours and this was over the agreed parking limit in a residential area...the area where we have never ever parked!! however this is very near to my home and work but I can assure you that we have never parked there and the colour of my car mention in the notice is not correct so therefore i have come to a conclusion that someone has got my registration number either when i was out and about in the small town i live in or from my drive where i park my car. Another interesting thing is that the paperwork i have received is nothing like the one posted on this site!! Few more points for the worried and concerned people- do you think that any organisation has got the time to go through a 2-3 hours video tape to establish that when a car came in and when it left the car park(like some of the people has shown their concerns esp the one guy trying to deal with his mother's matters) listen buddy no one has that sort of time and note that this is not a serious matter and remember no one is guilty until it is proved.

You may have guessed what my reply is going to be- I am going to write and advise them that please do not write to me unless you want to take me to court and I will see them there. I am not saying that I will but even if i have to i am prepared to pay more what they asked for but not until i have proved my point.

If everyone starts taking this step then the compaly will not have the resources or the manpower to cope with it and they will start taking a different view to the parking convictions and be assured that most of the cases will go in our favour.

;) do not worry be happy and challange them

Hi

First time poster here ! I have recieved a parking enforcement notice from these people and have read all the good advice given..however i would like to know if anyone knows of anybody that has lost to these bullies ?

hi choco

what was the outcome to your ticket. i have just had the same thing in leeds and they seem to want to take us to court. i was just interested to see if there was any way i could use as not to pay this ticket

thanks

shaun

I've not heard a word since their final demand, i'd rather go to court than pay. Not heard anything yet.

Hi there,

My husband recently parked in the Toys'r'us carpark in Plymouth, where you can park for free for upto 2 hours.

He was a plonker & overstayed by 1 hour.

We received a ticket from them 3 weeks ago demanding £50

The ticket was a 'civil' ticket and included photographic evidence of the car both entering & leaving the car park. However, the exit photo does not show the number plate of the car.

We have today received a Final Reminder demanding £75, if we fail to pay by 27th Oct, a 'charge certificate' will be issued & further costs involved.

The notice also states that liability for parking charge lies with the owner/keeper.

So far, we haven't done anything.

I would really appreciate advice on what to do now.

Should we write back with 'contact the driver of the vehicle' etc, or, should we write to their appeals address demanding that they provide photographic evidence of the number plate at the exit photo, or, should we say that the car left the car park within 2 hours, and then came back later? (Although this is not true)

Please help as this is making me feel quite ill.:eek:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks