prelim hearing!!

brucie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

has anyone else had a preliminary hearing at glasgow court?

i filed a small claim against lloyds and a few days after i filed my claim i recieved a letter saying they would refund my charges within 10 days, they posted this letter before i filed my claim though so i sent a rejection letter saying that i had started court action and that i wanted my court fee(£39) and 8% interest (£70) back aswell.

they went ahead and refunded my charges only(£562) but i still havent got my court fee and interest, when i phoned the day after my return date the court said they had put in a defence! do i have to take anything with me to the court on thursday? is it likely that lloyds will even show up? does the judge decide whether i am entitled to the interest?

any advice woud be much appreciated!

Hi Brucie,

I don't know any answers to your questions but how can the bank put in a defence if they have already paid you the money. When I messed up my sons claim i.e. not going down to the court after the return date, but going down after the calling date and finding out if the bank had put in a defence I was told that his claim had been dismissed. When I was talking to the clerks and I explained that he had already received his money, but not all of it they said that we could do something else (sorry can't remember what). What I think you should do is phone the court and ask they're advise, they are very helpfull at Glasgow Sheriff Court the number to phone is 0141 429 8888

Hope this helps a little.

Eileen

thanks eileen

i checked my account this morning and they had put the rest of the money in! i called court and they said that lloyds were still intending to defend?! think il just go to the hearing to tell them ive settled, i doubt i will be seeing anyone from lloyds there since they have given me all my money already!

Hi Brucie,

Glad to hear that you got your money. What I couldn't understand is why lloyds put in a defence when they had already paid out some money. What kind of defence could they have had. I am so pleased that you received all your money, but you do not need to go to court because lloyds definately won't be there.

CONGRATULATIONS anyway on winning against them.

Eileen