71bay

Are banks allowed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4802 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently fallen on to hard times, and as such have made an offer to my banks (yes more than 1) to pay what i can afford each month.

my problem is i have a loan, credit card and current account with HSBC, I used to have my pay go in there every month and they would direct debit the payments out of there. when i came into difficulty, i immediatly canncelled all direct debits and opened up a simple cash account with halifax. Unfortunatly HSBC refuse to cancel the 2 direct debits for my loan and Credit card.

i came to an agreement and pay a some from my halifax account into my loan account and credit card every month but still HSBC try take the direct debit and subsequently charge me for a non payment.

When i called HSBC in the beginning to cancel the Direct debit, the said they are unable to cancel those 2. Is this Legal?

I have the same ongoing issue with my Nat West account, they state that as part of the loan agreement all future payments MUST come from an active Nat West account.

I have checked the Terms and Conditions for the loan and in my opinion they don't actually state I must have an account where the D/D must come from.

I would suggest you check the T&C's of both your loan agreement and your Credit Card agreement to see if there is any context stating this to be a neccesity.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes: