refund13

Partial Refund (I Think!)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4802 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have been trying to get my charges back from Bank of Scotland as I have had charges totalling £524.50 over the last 7/8 years.

The last letter i sent was the Letter Before Action one, and i now have a mysterious credit in my bank for 225.25. I queried it with the bank and they said it was from Customer relations relating to a refund.The only thing i can figure out is it seems to be exactly half of the total for the last 6 years charges.

I haven't received any letter from the bank regarding this, but my post isn't the best and it might have got lost.

What do you think i should do now? Given the sum of money isn't the largest, do you think i should leave it at that, or carry on? If i carry on, what is the next step i take?

Thanks for any advice.

The ball really is in your court. First of all you need to find exactly what the amount they've refunded actually equates to. If you wish to persue the remainder then you will need to notify the bank that you will only be accepting this sum as a part settlement and on the clear understanding that you will be persuing the remainder.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

The next stage of the claim would be to file your claim through the small claims, either using the N1 form or MCOL.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes: