BT and the Consumer Credit Act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All.

Please can someone explain to me how the CCA works with BT. They do not ever get a signed CC agreement when you take out an account with them. I have CCA'd them and they called me to tell me that they do not have to have a signed copy. My account is terminated, there is no longer any agreement.

I agree I owe them half but they are only willing to settle for all the amount!

Thanks

Mav

Hi I have found some info on the site and it says that because BT do not offer a service then they do not have to adhere to the CCA request. I would have to send them an SAE. Please can someone tell me - what is an SAE? and how does this service contract work when it comes to them taking me to court?

Thanks

Hi Junior,

SAE Stamped Addressed Envelope

What is it that you are disputing with BT?

I have just won a case regarding cancellation charges on my account

have a look if youre in the same boat

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-broadband/80936-bt-penalty-charge-termination.html

Paul

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

Abbey WON - MNBA WON - BARCLAYS WON - HALIFAX(1) WON - BT WON

You have things a bit confused here. You have a contract with them for them to provide a service to you, which you then have to pay for. It's not a credit agreement, and thus not covered by the CCA. See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-broadband/70464-mobile-phone-companies-consumer.html

Mostly true, however the last time I was on BT and paid by monthly payment plan direct debit BT sent me an agreement under the consumer credit act to sign and return.

So it is possible (though unlikely I agree) that the OP's BT account is covered by the CCA

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court