Bryan Carter the ******!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have had a bit of a run in with Bryan Carter, with an egg debt. They threatened to take me to court, I replied to the court saying I intended to defend part of the claim. At the same time I sent off a CCA, they duly suspended the court action. They then sent the CCA evidence after two months and have now slapped a CCJ on me. Where do I go from here?

Do I just complain to the OFT, Law society etc? Can I get the judgement suspended?

I also want to claim back any charges that have been applied to the account, eg late payment and the like: This was my original reason for defending part of the claim. Can I do this now I have a CCJ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dan

P.S.

Does anyone know if I can sort out an IVA with CCJs?

TTFN

this is a repost, from a reply on another thread....

I didnt defend the claim as the judgement was suspended. Then I was unaware when it was started up. I did receive a letter from them containing the CCA, all be it 2 months late. The letter stated that now they had provided the information they were 'looking forward to hearing from me'. They have now phoned me today asking for payment in full. The woman was surly and obnoxious.

Incidentally I received this letter on Bryan Carter headed paper. Will the fact they stopped trading in February be a factor?

Is it worth speaking to a solicitor?

Any help and replies are much appreciated.

Incidentally I received this letter on Bryan Carter headed paper. Will the fact they stopped trading in February be a factor? .

Check the bottom of the page, it probably says 'Trading name of Crelins Carter'

Just hate every DCA out there

• 2 weeks later...
You need to apply for a set-aside, on the grounds that you did not recieve any notification that the case was proceeding.

That assumes of course that you actually have a valid defence anyway.

In the end, if the CCA is valid and all the other processes have been followed, then a CCJ will stand... however unsavioury Bryan Carter may be.

Good luck though