The Guvnor v HSBC

The Guvnor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone help?

I wrote to HSBC on the 15th May to reclaim my bank charges and eventually got a letter back dated 29th May stating they were looking into matters.

Today is the 11th June and nearly a month since I wrote to HSBC in the 1st place. Please can someone advise me as to how long do I have to wait until I send the next letter threatening court action?

Thanks

Jon Barratt

We usually send the "Letter Before Action" 14 days after we have sent the preliminary letter. This letter informs them that they have 14 days in which to refund your money or you will take them to court. As your timelines are a bit out, I would send the letter before action now, wait 14 days and, if they have not replied or returned your money, file a claim with the courts. You can do this online at "Money Calim On Line" or by completing the form N1 and pop it along to your local court. Al templates are in the bank templates library for you to use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Please post the complete history of your claim, in as much detail as possible.

Once we know that, we will be in a better position to advise you.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

don't wait at all - if you wait for them to look into it - your grandchildren will be laughing at you telling the tale of when you wrote to hsbc.

prelim - then 14 days later lba then 14 days later - file your claim

It would appear that i've messed up a little then? :mad:

I sent the 1st letter on the 15th May asking for HSBC to repay me £722.47 including interest and stated that I wanted a full response within 14 days.

Having had the letter back from HSBC on the 29th May stating they were looking into the matters I had raised and would contact me with a full response as soon as they had completed the investigations, i just simply thought that was the response and should await the offer!

I was wrong by all accounts and should have sent the LBA on the same date they sent me the letter according to those who have been kind enough to post above.

Is it still the sandard LBA letter that i should be sending them in tomorrow's post?

Jon B

No harm done. If you have already done your LBA and did it a while ago, just check the templates library because I think there is something added onto it about Terms and Conditions now. Don't forget to attach a copy of your schedule of charges with any new ones that have been taken from you since your prelim letter added on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

yep, and if your first letter was 15 may - you may note there was a little updating going on just after that to reflect the lloyd's case - so now in the prelim - we ask for terms and conditions from the account so in the lba it again refers to them - so it may take just one tiny bit of tweaking as you'll be following the request for t & c's - but actually it will be for the first time as your first letter won't have referred to them - sound confusing - just read it and see if it sounds ok - where it says you are reminded to send me - just say - please send me......

and we don't ask for the interest until we file a claim - so just ask for the charges.

one further bit - on your list of charges - each charge should be listed from oldest first and each entry should have a date, a name (as per the statement) and an amount. if you've got them on a spreadsheet - so much the better - just fold back that interest column until you file your claim.

and send everything recorded delivery.

hi guvnor

i think most of us have messed up somewhere along the line but we are all doing something new here & thankfully theres always someone to help us sort it out.

dont worry, follow the advice above & you'll be back on track

good luck :)

hi guvner you may want to read this thread - it will explain alot of things for you.

its a step by step guide to claiming it will help you in your timeline and direction your claim should be going - aswell as answer some questions and probably generate some from you.

hope this helps you get a better understanding of what is expected and when :D