Can I claim my rent deposit after 5 year

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suppose the six years rule, same as bank charges applies, but you would have to ask the question why didnt you claim back in 2001? (by the way depending on when you moved out in 2001 it could be six years not five.

I think you may struggle after such a long period has passed.

• 2 years later...

I am new to the site and have had a similar experience . i moved from my flat and left a neighbour with the key . Basically I said to her that she could have anything in the flat as I was moving off the Island (Isle of Man) that evening . It turns out that another neighbour persuaded her to dump rubbish in my flat for the landlord to remove and as a consequence I recieved just £55 of my initial deposit of £650 !!!! I subsequently returned the cheque and explained that I had no intention of trashing the flat and that I felt the cost was unfair . I recieved no reply (August / september 09) and would like to seek further advice . Any help reclaiming this money would be very welcome .

You could try a small claim, but that is the only way you are going to be able to do this. And you will need proof of the initial payment and any correspondence to back up the claim. Really not sure if you can do this, or if you will get anywhere with it.

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice