court bundles for dummies

lateralus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

don't take that too personally - it's meant to be funny!

ok, some background - as things have progressed - we have had to move along in our thinking about things -

last autumn - dg was making offers before the 28 days were up.

earlier this year - dg was making offers before the aq was due.

now dg is making offers when they are forced into it by court dates or directions.

last autumn almost no one had to do a court bundle.

earlier this year a few had to do it.

now it is really getting more and more common.

a court bundle may be required for a court appearance, the directions from a judge to provide this information or as a result of you having asked for the draft order to be made a direction - if the judge has approved it - the court order needs to be done.

this is a good thing!!!!

once the court bundle is filed an offer is usually very quickly forthcoming. so we just have to get our heads around it.

i was very daunted looking at it and i haven't ever done one - but watching those who have - i've put together a step by step approach.

i'll post it here and let those who have actually done it make comments and i can change the directions if they aren't correct in any part.

but as i've seen a good few needing this info recently and anticipate many more - here is my court bundles for dummies:

a) your schedule of charges.

b) your statements showing the charges. Alternatively, the list of charges which the bank provided under your S.A.R (subject Access Request) (only send the statements with charges on them.)

c) A Statement of Evidence: (post 55 in the new strategy): New strategy for Allocation Questionaires note here: hsbc uses the service charge defence - so use the first letter in post 55

d) All the statutes and decided cases on which your claim relies. ie, UTCCR's, UCTA's, SOGA, case law, etc. For this, I'd just submit the whole of the Basic Court Bundle.

AND AFTER THE LLOYD'S WIN - LET'S BE SURE THERE'S A COPY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THE BUNDLE.

This whole thing runs to around 200 pages and should be done in triplicate: one copy for you, one for the court and one for dg – that’s 600 pages of copying – LEAVE IT UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR SURE YOU NEED IT. If an offer comes in from DG and is accepted you wouldn’t need it. Really leave it until you have to do it to meet the deadline set by the court!

here is a link to some t & c's: HSBC T&Cs HERE(

let's take it step by step

item 1 - your schedule of charges - easy! (making sure each charge has a date, a name from the statement and amount)

item 2 - statements (only pages with charges circled) - easy! (if you got your statements off the internet - use them)

item 3 - statement of evidence - follow the link - it's the first of the two letters shown there. copy it out i know this is mixed up but try to follow - copy it from the link above the post 55 on the new strategy then it will be called a statement of evidence- then go on this link:Nawanda Vs HSBC (although nawanda was using the statement as amended particulars of claim - the idea remains the same - don't just copy it - make it personal to your claim) she had to do the statement and she did it then there was a bit of comment from garyh - so in the end it is just right - so, once you've copied it out - from post 55 of the new strategy - take a look at that link to fill in the blanks and get it right.

item 4 - the court bundle, follow the link - it's a lot of copying.

AND GUIDO HAS KINDLY OFFERED THE LEGAL BITS OF THIS IN A PDF FORMAT - SEE POST 45 FURTHER DOWN.

also, in the litigation section - you can run a copy of settled claims

Litigation Section - View and print out litigation spreadsheets here,

also, a copy of all the paperwork between you and the bank since you've started this (but nothing marked without prejudice),

also, the t & c's - preferably from around the time you opened your account - we are getting more and more all the time so check here:

HSBC T&Cs HERE also, take a look here - this is new and is a work in progress:

Document Library - WORK IN PROGRESS

and one final note on the whole thing: take a look at how corn flake did her table of contents as it looks pretty good and would be a good reference for anyone doing their bundle:Court date set for 18th June t 12.00 getting worrried now any advice? (multipage.gif1 2 3) post 17.

here's one last bit - each party must provide its documents and written evidence (court bundle) in a single bound paginated (that means with pages numbered) bundle clearly marked on the front with the case number and names of the parties.

ONE LAST WORD OF ADVICE: CHECK THE PAPERWORK REQUIRING THE BUNDLE - GET IT IN ON TIME - IT COULD BE FOR THE HEARING, 14 DAYS BEFORE THE HEARING, 14 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE LETTER BEING SENT OR WHATEVER - READ IT, READ IT AGAIN AND THEN PUT THE DIRECTIONS FROM THE COURT ONTO YOUR THREAD SO WE CAN READ IT. NO GOOD MISSING THE DATE.

• Haha 8

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be worthwhile trying to PM a Mod to put it into the info section?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Its just a shame you really have to waffle a bit before your siggy shows. Mind you, you can really talk once you get going lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

To all who don't know, you can edit your own signature (the blurb that appears under the post that you have just written) and copy the shortcut of this thread into it. Also, I find that it helps if you edit the last post on your own thread and cut and paste a link to any thread you found useful. That way you never lose track of the useful bits of info on here. To edit your own signature, go to "user CP" up the top of the forum (just under where it tells you which forum you are in) and then click on "edit signature". Your signature will only appear on a thread if you put in a large post (like this one). To cut and paste a link into a thread, right click onto the thread and then left click onto "copy". Go to where you want to paste the link and then right click again and left click on "paste". Et Voila your link is now where you want it. I hope this helps

To all who don't know, you can edit your own signature (the blurb that appears under the post that you have just written) and copy the shortcut of this thread into it. Also, I find that it helps if you edit the last post on your own thread and cut and paste a link to any thread you found useful. That way you never lose track of the useful bits of info on here. To edit your own signature, go to "user CP" up the top of the forum (just under where it tells you which forum you are in) and then click on "edit signature". Your signature will only appear on a thread if you put in a large post (like this one). To cut and paste a link into a thread, right click onto the thread and then left click onto "copy". Go to where you want to paste the link and then right click again and left click on "paste". Et Voila your link is now where you want it. I hope this helps

Uncle JW i was going to click on your scales but couldnt figure out which button to press i tried clicking on something but all i got was a picture of a naked lady,,,,,, is that you uncle JW????????????

i pressed another and all i got was a large feather, am i pressing the wrong buttons please help uncle JW, you should write a book , maybe call it ' pressing buttons for dummies' ,,,,,,,,,, help us

• Haha 1

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

are you hallucinating CM?

What kind of question is that to ask a man with his 4th glass of a fine shiraz in his hand

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

are you hallucinating CM?

anyways i just edited, think i was reading something uncle castlebest wrote & got me lines mixed up

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

well......naked ladies & large feathers. I was wondering what planet you were on :rolleyes:

obviously my own lol

Well we can all live in hope LOL, well i can ;)

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

ok no more silly posts tonight, its bed time.

Apologies to JW for hi jacking thread.

Tomorrow i will try to figure out wot he wrote and see if i can understand it, but for now its ' understanding posts for wine'os' goodnight all

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

lol - nite CM - and btw JW is a she

I knew that :) it was that last Shiraz that confused me :confused:

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Anyway in the cold & sober morning light, i better start looking & learning about the court bundle, as have to be in by about 27th.

Well done Lattie as usual you are a star :) (saw a few of them last night LOL)

I take it that you only send Photo copies of all your statements to DG & Court & keep originals for yourself (wouldnt trust that lot not to lose them)

Me thinks a trip to the printers next door is in order, they got one of those copiers that you put whole pile stuff on and away it goes, otherwise it will take forever to copy one at a time.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

I have a single PDF with most of the core generic court bundle documentation, if anyone would like it then PM me your email address (I cannot sent it to without this address).

It includes the following:

1. Dunlop v New Garage case summary

2. Robin v Harman extract from Keating

3. Murray v Leisureplay transcript

4. Australian Unfair Fees report

5. BBC Money Programme Summary

6. House of Commons Early Day Motion

7. Peter McNamara Transcript

8. Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Act 1999

9. Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977

10. Office of Fair Trading Statement

It is time consuming trying to locate all of these, when you start to find broken links etc.

This does not mean that you do not have to understand the documentation and please do not email me asking questions.

• Haha 6

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I have a single PDF with most of the core generic court bundle documentation, if anyone would like it then PM me your email address. quote]

When i figure out what you just said i will ask for a copy LOL, my interpreter is in at 10, i will ask her to explain/ fix/ sort out

I thought this thread was the court bundle for dummies, why you posting :)

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won