• Tweets

• This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Libbi vs Natwest - don't want to do it wrong!

libbi85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I issued against Natwest after they rudely ignored my letters requesting they pay me back.

As soon as I issued they they filed a defence. I;m quite scared now as I don't want to do anything wrong.

Is there anyway that's had to go all the way to court and face Natwest - don't think I have the guts to do it.

Do I just wait for the courts to send out my allocation questionnaire now they have filed their defence?

Oh dear God!!!

Firstly Libbi, welcome to the Nat west forum. We're all in this together and we are right behind you.

The chances of you having to face Nat West in court are about the same as Elvis winning the lottery! In the extremely unlikely event that it gets to court, Nat West won't show.

They have filed a defence but have absolutely no intention of defending - it is an abuse of the system and a waste of public resources designed to intimidate you and make you back down. So don't!!

Depending where you are the court will either send an AQ or a letter saying the AQ has been dispensed with. Here is what you need inthe 2 cases:

AQ: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

No AQ: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-711002.html

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Hi Libbi

welcome to the forum :)

First and formost don't panic!! That's exactly the reaction they want to get from you.

I waited and waited like you, and got ignored. Who am I kidding they're still trying to ignore me LOL.

I filed on the 10th may, they finally acknowledged on the 30th May they now have till tomorrow till defend, I know for a fact they WILL defend of course. I was worried about that prospect to start with, but there is so much support and advice available here, I no longer care what they try to throw at me, I know even if it got as far as court, they won't turn up so I'm not going to worry about it :)

Have a read of some other threads on here, you'll soon see a pattern! they use the same tactics over and over again, to try and intimidate people into giving up by spouting pointless and un necessary leagal mumbo jumbo at them.

wait for the court to contact you, either with or without the AQ then follow the links that steven provided in the above link.

I'm not gonna say Good luck! ..... you're not gonna need it ;)

I will say........ Go Get Em Tiger :D

Tempty

Hi libby

i am in the same boat as you and have been on the site all night finding out all differant things. i have copied and pasted lots off information.to help me (all good fun):) .i think i have tomuch info now,but i have found that looking through this site helps a lot and every thing you need to no is there

good luck dippy:cool:

Hi dippy

If you are going to claim then start your own thread. It's easier to follow what's going on and to help if you have a seperate thread.

Steven

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone.

Nervous but quite excited about it all. I can't get over how good and supportive this site is.

I read through my defence from Cobbetts last night. It looked pretty standard although I didn't understand any of their defence - i expect it was all as it should be though.

I think I'm just waiting to hear from the courts now and we'll take it from there...

Exactly Libbi. Do nothing now until you get copy of defence with directions of what happens next from court. And whatever you do, dont worry about anything................ Cobbetts have a pretty standard way of dealing with all these claims, they will try to intimidate, bully, and generally make you sooooooooo ticked off with the whole process that you will throw the towel in. DONT............... thats what they try to do. Intimidate. Be strong, know inside that you can do this, its really quite easy, the hardest bit is holding your nerve, and not getting impatient for the money. You will win, thats a fact, its just a case of when and not if. They never turn up to court, heck they never even usually get round to submitting a bundle, its very rare, so dont worry, its just that the process drags on a bit. That is by far the worst bit. And dont worry about not understanding their defence, thats not particularly important either. You only need to respond to anything the courts request, not Cobbetts. So head high, on you go, and were all here to help every single step of the way. Go get em girl. Fendy xxxx

Thanks Fendyweather.

Will keep you updated when I get the details through from the courts.

I've got the bug now!

I've decided I'm going to chase all my ex accounts now. I had a credit card with Natwest but I don't have any details or statements from it. Does anybody know how I can find these out. I know when I first started with my current account with Natwest they told me a load of rubbish about how they don't keep any records - yeah alright!!!

Any ideas about how to get hold of my credit card details?

Thanks

L x

Send an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) with you name and address(es) they should be able to provide your account number (that is a peice of information they hold on you) as well as the statements.

In fact, you could argue that as you sent a Subject Access Request before and not just a request for statements on one account, this is information they SHOULD have supplied then. In the same situation, this is what we did - we referred them back to the previous request and told them they hadn't actually fully complied. We didn'tsend them £10. Having said that, we haven't heard from them yet!

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Quick update. Natwest filed their defence and I have just received the allocation questionaaire through from the courts which I need to fill out.

I have two queries where people I know have been giving me advise and I'm not entirely sure what I need to do.

Query 1) in the defence it states 'On allocation the Defendant invites the court to direct that there be a case management conference in order for the court to consider the making of appropriate orders to give the Claimant the opportunity to properly partuculise the claim'. Does this mean the court can ask me to get evidence of my particulars. The particulars I put in were from this website so I though it would all be ok. Has anyone had this statement in the defence.

Query 2) My brother has just won a case with Yorkshire Bank. He has advised me to add a proposed directions sheet into my allocation questionnaire and sent me some info to put in. Is this the norm?

Please help.

Thanks

Lib x

Hi,

Is there anywhere I can find a a standard defence from Cobetts. I'm a little bit worried about the defence they have sent as I don't understand anything it says and I've just seen the defence that my friend has received from another bank and it looks completely different to mine.

Thanks

Libbi :confused:

Hi,

Please can someone advise what to put in the section on the allocation questionnaire asking:

In the space below, set out any other information you consider will help the judge to manage or clarify the claim, including any other information you consider should be supplied by the other party.

Thanks

Libbi

Hi Libbi, you've got two options:

a) complete the AQ using the basic guidance notes or

b) complete it but ask for their defence to be struck out as an abuse of process and attach the draft order for directions. This is a more aggresive approach and requires a bit of time and effort getting paperwork together, but an awful lot of us are going down this route now.

Post back and let me know which links you'd like me to help you with........ a) - or b)!!! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Libbi,

As requested, in Section G Other Information you write:

Please find the following documents attached to this allocation questionnaire:

1A) Section G - other information

1B) Sample List of Settled Cases

1C) Text of order made by Lincoln County Court

1D) Mullen -v- Hackney BC (1997) 2A11ER 906

2A) Draft Order fo Directions

This allocation questionnaire and its attachments were sent to the defendant on xxxxxxxxx 2007.

For attachment 1B), go into the Litigations Section (main forum page) and tick the boxes for claim number, bank (national westminster), sum claimed, date. You can also choose whether or not just to include concluded cases if you wish. Choose font size 8 to get the best printoff - then enter the details which open in a new window. Print these off as attachment 1B).

Attachment 2A) is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tionaires.html and you might find the following useful Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion I'll email the additional attachments over to you in a mo! xx ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.