Macgirl vs. Barclaycard

Macgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally I decided to get my own thread!

I've been doing research for some months now but still have lots of questions to ask, so I'll take the chance now.

I've just moved into my new house and I have found most of my statements packed away in boxes, all but 5, so I'll be sending a S.A.R sometime this week. While checking my old papers I found the leaflet that contained the application form for the card, and it gives details of de Consumer Credit Agreement, is that the CCA a lot of people are talking about? Do I need to ask for this CCA on my S.A.R?

Also, I have one charge of "only" £12, can I still claim this one?

And finally, I have been trying to work out the spreadsheet with the charges I have, but in all of the statements there seems to be different interest rates (I'm planning on claimimg CI), sometimes 19%, others 21% and the famous 27%, can I change that in the spreadsheet and how do I go about doing it? Any suggestions?

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

You do not need to worry about the interest until the court stage.

The £12 charge, yes add it!

I'll add a couple of links for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Any other questions, just shout and someone will pop in and help.

Good luck with your claim :)

Actually, according to the Contractual Interest thread if I am claiming this I have to do it from the beginning, it's only if you are claiming the 8% that you wait until you file your claim in court. So that's why I need to learn how to work the spreadsheet out soon, though I guess I still have lots of time until I get my statements back from them :p

Anyway, any ideas about the CCA?

• 1 month later...

Hi all again!

I just got all my statements, and my charges come up to £147, which is not much but I still think it's worthy to pursue.

I have to start doing the spreadsheet now to calculate interest and everything. I have read a few threats warning against contractual interests now, but I'm not sure if that applies or not for credit cards so could anybody tell me if it's still ok to claim this?

Also, back to a question I had asked before, this is if i go for contractual interests, how do i calculate the interest rate if the interest rate has been different at all the times I had been charged?

Thanks for your help!

Hi

The 'test case' does not apply to credit cards :) so carry on.

Have a read of this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/108091-oft-banks-dont-panic.html

Plus this might help with CI as I am going for it too ;)

iCalculate if this doesnt work - let me know and I can email you a spreadsheet if you PM me your email address.

If I have helped in any way please click on my scales Thank you. :)

• 6 months later...

Back again. After being sidetrack for many months because of my landord (he decided to sell the flat, the estate agents didn't inform me and i found out he had been showing the flat when i was away on holidays without giving me any warning, and now is threatening me if i don't co-operate - battle ongoing) I finally have enough time (and will) to get back on track with my claim. I was working my spreadsheet to calculate the contractual interests and i just wanted to check i've done it right. So first I calculate the money owed to me and the interest on that, but do I calculate the interests with the cash or purchase rate? and then, i just calculate the interest in the total amount at the interest rate barclaycard charged me (so instead of asking for an 8% interest if you go to court, you ask for a 20-something from the beginning).

I would appreciate if somebody could tell me if I'm right and where I'm going wrong, so I can get on and send my first letter. Thank you!

Hi Macgirl,

I'm not an expert with the advanced spready and CI but I'll do my best.

Cash or purchase rate? - use whichever is lower.

If claiming CI, you claim the Charges and CI back from BC in your Prelim and your LBA.

When you file at court, then you add on the 8% s.69 int't.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

First of all thanks for your help. So far I see my thoughts were right, but I'm afraid I didnt express myself well on my last point. I was wondering about Compound CI; in this case do you work the interest over the total of penalties plus interests on penalties, at whatever rate (cash or purchase) and you do it from the beginning ie, from the Prelim letter?

Are you using the Advanced Spreadsheet from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

If it's another Spready, please confirm which one.

I thought the Spready did all the work for you but, I have to admit I didn't claim CI from BC :eek:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

In which case, the spready should do all the work for you.

You enter the chg amount, date, int't rate, etc as per the instructions. This should result in your spready giving you the totals for chgs, CI and the 8% s.69 int't (on the seperate sheet).

If I'm still not helping, just say and I'll get someone else to reply who may well understand the issues better than I and, consequently, explain them better for you.

What is REALLY important is that YOU understand the basis of your claim for CI as you may well have to argue with a BC legal rep before or in court to justify the CI you're claiming. The good news is that BC will simply so no to CI but not offer any alternative calculations.

BC tend NOT to simply settle when CI is being claimed as you'll see from the threads of others here.