Lyme Bay Holidays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First Hello, great site.

We booked a 5 week stay in a Cottage, with Lyme Bay Holidays, Wessex House, Uplyme Road, Lyme Regis DT7 3LP. When we walked in, the place looked a mess, it had not been cleaned for weeks. We could not use anything in the Kitchen, as it all needed washing. Yes we contacted the main office, and two people came out to clean!!!. Then we found after putting some frozen food in the fridge, that the door seal was no good. Another fridge turned up from the office, with promice of new fridge on Tuesday. When we sat on the so called furniture, your backside came into contact with the floor.We had arrived on the Friday 4/5/2007, so on the Saturday I went to see Mr D Mattews (MD) of Lyme Bay Holidays. He did offer us some other tempary chairs, which you could sit on for about 1 hour, before your blood supply was cut off. and stated he would contact the owner. To cut this short, we cleaned the place for 3 days, owner said she would order new furniture from Argos(laugh) sorry, take upto 28 days. Washing Machine would not work, its rated as 4 Star (Never) Cottage Name, HoneyMoon. We stuck it out for 10 days, due to all they said. We got money back, less the 10 days. On the last day there, we met a couple who had booked HoneyMoon last year. It was in the same mess then, they had one night in it, and were moved to another Cottage. We were not offered anything else. I have since wrote, and Emailed Lyme Bay holidays, asking for owners contact details, and for a full refund. Yes you are right---they will not do anything, or even give the owners contact details.

My advice, stay away:mad: