First Direct - Have you successfully sued? I need help!

digitalman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there - I'm so glad I just found this website it could be my saviour! I won’t go into the finer details, but I have gone down the route to sue FIRST DIRECT - I've written all the letters and followed all the procedures. I’m claiming about £5,000. They now are taking it to court - so I need to defend myself. I was wondering are there any other people that have successfully claimed from FIRST DIRECT? It would be good to hear your story so I could try and build a case. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. It's quite intimidating and it would be nice to speak with other people that have or are going down my route! Thanks

hi Digitalman

I've just finished suing FD and they are a stubborn bunch. Its worth digging you heels in and holding out for the full amount. They do pay, in my case 2 days before we were due in Court. Look for the court bundle and get it ready, they will offer you 70-80% of your claim in the hope that you will be put off by court, they will give you legal advise and point out that you don't know jack as your only a claimant and not a solicitor and you should listen to them. And it can get daunting, at the end of the day none of the banks have ever tried to defend their charges to the FSO and that tells you that they are scared to do so.

The cases that end up in court seem mostly to be where the bank has dropped the ball and forgotten it was due to sort things in the allocated time. They might mention the Lloyds defeat but its being appealed. They might tell you that some of your charges are outside the Limitations period and cannot be claimed, all nonsense.

They went from offering me £1700 to paying £2800 at the end after taking the smal claims route so yes its worth it. Read up and get ready, you may need to go to court but they will most likely chicken out at the last minute.

good luck