Robinson, Way & Co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know what you mean Linz, I've never been so busy since I found this site, I am enjoying myself though.

Well, I sent Curlybens letter on Monday but they havent signed for it yet. I will eagerly await the next installment from them.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, even though I sent them a letter last week, I have now received another letter from Horwich Farrelly, I don't think they got the message. They havent actually signed for the letter I sent them either.

Here is what they had to say:

We have now advised our client to commence Court action against you as a result of your failure to settle this account.

We need to be aware of your circumstances and you may be able to avoid the extra expense by contacting us with the following information:

A) Employment details.

B) Income and expenditure details.

C) Any other relevent circumstances which should be considered.

Even at this late stage it may be possible for you to avoid this action by making a payment, together with proposals to clear the balance still due.

What planet do these people live on? Have they not signed for my letter on purpose?

Should I resend my letter or are they just trying it on to make me ring them?

They have absolutely no right to this information. They are bluffing. They have advised their client to commence Court Action. On what basis do they reckon they can go to court.

I would be inclined to reply to their letter shortly and sweetly.

Dear Imbeciles

See you in Court.

Penny Penny for your thoughts

• Haha 1

Great reply ODC :lol:

I definately won't be calling them, I will just wait and see what drivel they come up with next. I don't think they even read the letters I send them anyway.

Some fool scans your letter. If there is no money in it they pres a button on the threatomatic and send out a computer generated standard nasty letter. Its so obvious. They just keep detroying rain forests with their nonsense

I don't think they even read the letters I send them anyway.

They are, of course, valid even if not read by them. :)

This must be one of the most absurd things put in letters by a DCA - what can they think it achieves - apart from providing me with a source of amusement.

I'm sure ODC is right; some youth sits in the mail room, and in between squeezing his buboe-like pimples he opens envelopes. Those with money in are straight to the accounts department, where a menopausal crimplene-clad harridan banks them. All the others go straight to the Threat-O-Matic operators.

Actually this may not be true. I suspect they probably have a machine that opens the envelopes - so don't forget to staple or paperclip the contents of yours...

They are, of course, valid even if not read by them. :)

This must be one of the most absurd things put in letters by a DCA - what can they think it achieves - ...

I wonder what genius thought that one up. Its supposed to sound scary. Instead it just shows what sort of imbeciles they employ

• 1 month later...

Well, after not hearing from the delightful Robinson Way ( oh how I miss them, NOT) since August, I have today received not one but two letters from them.

The first is dated the 29th September and says:

Clear the balance you owe by 66%

To clear this debt once and for all we will accept 66% of your debt in settlement, and we will then update your credit file accordingly.

This is a genuine one off opportunity to rid yourself of this debt. Call us today and we will advise you how to pay. We may even agree for you to pay the settlement sum by up to 6 instalments.

The second one is dated the 3rd october and says:

ARE YOU AWARE THAT THIS DEBT COULD BE AFFECTING YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN CREDIT, A MORTGAGE OR EVEN A JOB?

We are sure you are as keen as us to clear this debt once and for all. Because of this we wish to advise you of the following one off settlement offer:

IF YOU CALL US WITHIN 7 DAYS WE WILL INFORM YOU OF A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION WE ARE PREPARED TO MAKE TO THE AMOUNT YOU OWE. WE ARE ALSO WILLING TO CONSIDER A REPAYMENT AMOUNT SUITABLE TO US BOTH.

Act now - If we do not receive a response from you we will have no alternative but to take further action.

Tell us - You must tell us if you cannot pay. We WILL HELP YOU if we can. If you have a problem paying this account it is better to talk to us than simply ignore us. Call NOW on xxxxxxxxx.

I thought it had been a bit too quiet for a while. I quite look forward to their white and blue envelopes coming through the door and seeing what they come up with next. Thy never seem to mention their lack of Credit Agreement that I asked for 7 months ago though.

• 7 months later...

Here we go again:rolleyes:

Yesterday I received a blue and white stripey letter from our friends at R,W & C.

The first one since October, seems strange cos I've just heard from Lowells aswell, are they all in cahoots with each other or what:-?

Same old usual rubbish, here is the main part of it:

We are authorised by our client to recover the full amount due, quoted above. This is a formal notice of intended court action. We will take action unless YOU PAY US THE FULL AMOUNT YOU OWE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS LETTER.

If court action is taken and a court considers your failure to pay to be due to your refusal or neglect to pay, an order for repayment may be made. If you fail to pay in accordance with a court payment order, the following may occur:

* A process of enforcement by court officers

* A order for deductions from your earnings

* An unpaid court order may make future credit difficult to obtain

* If you are a homeowner, we may seek to apply a charge on your property

THIS DEBT WILL NOT GO AWAY - IT MAKES SENSE TO PAY IN FULL - NOW.

Will they ever get the message, any ideas on a letter that will get through to these people? They just dont seem to give up.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks;)

Penny:)

I have just been looking back over this thread and have realised this is the exact same letter that they sent me nearly a year ago in June last year.

Can they not think up anything different to say?

Should I just send them the same letter that I used to reply to them then, I still have it saved on my computer, I would just have to change the dates. After all thats what they do, use the same letters all the time!!!

Right, I have found the letter I sent them on 14th June last year which is on post #3 of this thread posted by Rory32. I've printed it off and am going to sent it. I have visions of these same letters going back and forth for years:D

Penny

They have failed your Legal request for a CCA. Just report them and write to Hayley Felton RWCs wonderful Complaints Officer and make a formal complaint to them. If as she usually does fails to address your complaint properly then report RWC to the FOS. You have been patient enough with these idiots

I would also report them to Trading Standards. I reported BCW for demanding money despite no CCA. TS wrote to them and i never heard from them again.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 1 month later...

Well, they are very persistant. I have received another letter from the guys at R.W & Co., despite the letter I have sent them TWICE.

It says:

NOTE...IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

This is a notice about your unpaid account which is in our hands to collect.

ACT NOW!

Call us to pay using a credit or debit card - or use the slip below to pay at any post office or bank counter.

TELL US!

You must tell us if you cannot payin full - we will help you if we can by agreeing an affordable payment plan with you. Call us now.

TAKE NOTICE!

If you fail or neglect to pay this account further action may be taken to recover the amount due, without further warning to you.

WE CAN HELP!

Call us if you need help or advice - we will do our best to help you.

Oh how I look forward to these letters:rolleyes:

Penny:-)

NOTE...IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

This is a notice about your un-provided cca document which is in my hands to collect.

ACT NOW!

You may post this by using any post office .

TELL US!

You must tell us if you cannot return the cca - we will help you if we can by providing you the relevant legislature that pertains to the non-production of said cca and consequent unenforceability of this alleged debt.Call us now.

TAKE NOTICE!

If you fail or neglect to return this cca action may be taken with the relevant authorities, without further warning to you.

WE CAN HELP!

Call us if you need help or advice - we will do our best to help you.

• 3 weeks later...

Been reading this thread with interest and cant believe that they have started the ball rolling again after nearly a year of silence!!

Which begs the question, how long can these DCA`s hound you,even though they cant provide CCA agreements it doesn`t seem to stop them trying.

The stress of going through the processes all over again must affect your daily life so is it not possible to take them to court for harrassment?

All the best PennyPenny,hope you dont get too down with their renewed requests for payment.

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

They are back again, with two very different letters.

The first one is from R,W & Co received yesterday and today I received one from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors.

The first one is an offer to clear the account at a reduced amount, about 75% less, they even say I can pay it over 3 months and they say the offer is valid for 30 days.

Then today Horwich Farrelly say:

We have been instructed by the creditor to claim from you full payment of this account (what happened to my 30 day offer??)

Court action may be taken against you, unless we receive one of the following within the next ten days:

A) Full payment

or

B) A substancial payment together with acceptable proposals for settlement

of the balance.

Remember, court action may increase the amount you owe by the addition of court fees and costs.

I think its time for a letter to ask them for their complaints proceedure cos its getting rather annoying now, one department doesnt know what the other is doing. They offer a reduction one day, then demand the whole lot the next:confused:

Call me a cynic but the sending of both letters in NO coincidence. They are both printed on the same threatomatic computer. The first one from RWC is a CON pure and simple. They cannot substantiate the alleged debt so they are trying to CONvince you into thinking they are giving you a great deal. The one from their pseudo solicitors is designed to scare you into ringing RWC and accepting their stupid offer.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. Another letter from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors has arrived, this time they say:

We have now advised our client to commence Court action against you as a result of your failure to settle this account.

Even at this late stage you can avoid Court action by making payment to us, or by making a proposal for payment that you can afford.

If you wish to make a payment proposal, please set out a simple statement of your means and any circumstances you wish us to consider.

If you have any queries, please call us , or our client Robinson Way to agree an affordable payment arrangement.

I think I will dig out one of my templated letters to send these muppets cos they really are taking the mick.:)

I have found the letter I am going to send:

Dear Sir/madam,

I refer to your letter of 24/09/2008, which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to remind a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); received by Robinson, Way & Company Ltd on 16/03/2007. I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you.

Should your client now persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by Robinson, Way & Company Ltd under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

Yours faithfully,

I will send that in their pre-addressed envelope they sent me, cos I am sick of wasting mine on all the letters I have had to send them.

Hi Pennypenny - geez what is wrong with these people? I wouldn't certainly start making formal complaints and just make a real nuisance of yourself. Blinkin' people.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.