Eon Vs Llyods TSB

eonone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am ready to send my Preliminary approach for repayment letter but I was wondering do I HAVE to work out the interest accrued from the charges taken?

The reason I ask is that is seems very complicated working out the interest for every month etc, so can I not just work out a final amount of charges then just use 8% on top of the final amount when it reaches the court?

Thanks in advance

Yeah I realise the 8% isnt included until court proceedings, I was just asking do I need to include the other interest on the penalty charges, you know the interest worked out on the complicated spreadsheet...

Thanks

You dont have to, like i didnt as it would have only been a small amount. If you were overdrawn a lot due to bank charges then you may have been charged a lot of interest on the charges and should at least take a look

Thanks Champnos...Ok I posted this on the 12th with no initial interest added. How long have people been waiting to get a reply roughly? Ive not heard anything yet and was wondering if I should have sent recorded delivery...:s

Ok no problem, I sent the prelim letter here, that correct?

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

I was thinking of sending again recorded as whats to say they havent received it, any need?

Right, Im guessing they have received my prelim letter now because I got an answerphone message this morning from Lloyds asking if I could call them back.

I havent received the first standard letter stating they wont pay, what should I do? It doesnt give this example in the step-by-step guide and I dont want to say anything I shouldnt on the phone :s

Thanks

I wouldn't bother phoning them, it's not worth getting into any sort of dispute over the phone. The bank are well aware of the process and the letter you sent them outlined your intentions. If the 14 days have passed since sending your preliminary letter then you should now proceed with the next stage and send your LBA.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

I tell you what is strange, the fact that the number left by the individual was in fact a mobile number :s

I might call today to see wht the deal is...but I cant get over the fact that a representative from Lloyds would call leaving a mobile number :s

And it seems coincidental that I would receive a call not 8 days after my initial prelim letter...

Interesting, gave them a call and funnily enough it was for an account review to discuss lowering my interest etc on my overdraft...ha

Told them that I was in the process of claiming back my charges and would be willing to meet after that had been finalised. Apparently she was unaware of this even though this was the first time Ive been contacted for a review for like 15 years or so, ha.

• 1 month later...

Sent my LBA letter on the 19th July and received no reply, times up.

However with the OFT test case I was wondering. Is it worth paying £50 and issuing a court claim when inevitably it will stuck in the system until the case is up, at which time I could just 'ask' for it back and save the £50?

Do I really have a chance of it not being stayed?

Do I really have a chance of it not being stayed?

Of course you do - it is not up to the FSA, the OFT, the banks or anyone else wether a case is stayed or not - it is entirely up to the judge. Also best to continue with your claim as normal right now to avoid any limitations problems later on.