40 days & No Response, Also!

Deedub
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you Trucker for your earlier quick response. What should I do now then. I mean, how was I supposed to know about the £10? I've sent the AOL printed off standard 1st letter. Should I send another, enclose £10., I take it they'll know what it's for & send it RD? Basically, start over again? The lady I spoke to last month was Edwina McPherson. I phoned her again a fortnight ago & was advised she was on holiday & to call someone else, which I left a message on, & who has never replied.:mad:

I'll call her again now, I suspect she'll tell me again they have 8wks to reply. :rolleyes:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you again so very much! I will do that, should I make any mention of what the cheque is for, or will that be taken as read? (I have a smile on my face now!!)

Deedub

As moneyking says start again. Use the CAG template (link below), While you are waiting for your statements to arrive look through as many threads as you can and get to know the process. You will find every you need on here as well as some nice people. Good Luck

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Brilliant! Thanks again. Er, just one more little hiccup, how do I get the Data Protection address thingy please? Not sure how to fill it in, registration No & such.

Brilliant! Thanks again. Er, just one more little hiccup, how do I get the Data Protection address thingy please? Not sure how to fill it in, registration No & such.

Not sure what you are referring to??

Barclays Bank Plc

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Just to let you know that I've sent my (your) template letter together with the £10. cheque, recorded delivery today. To the address you gave me above. Thank you.

Here we goooooo!!:D

Well, would you believe it, the statements have arrived today!!!! Story of my life:rolleyes:

What should I do about the letter sent yesterday? Do I ask to have the cheque cancelled? Or shall I leave it. I'm thinking that yesterdays letter (your template) will give me all the charges outlined, so to speak, whereas the statements received today I'll have to trawl through. Am I right? :)

Just leave it, they return cheque anyway, you will get another set of statements, but that is not a problem. At least now yuo have done everything right!

Now for the fun part, you do have to go through them all very carefully and put all your charges into the excel sheet available on this website

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

make sure in your intial letters (i.e before court action) you remove the interest calculation. this is not needed till court

Barclays T&C Databse

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Hi friends! Have sorted out my charges, £690. Just wondered if I can claim back the 'Interest Charged' items, which seem to add up to a pretty penny themselves. :)

Hi Deedub

The bank has a right to charge you interest for being overdrawn, however, you are able to claim back the portion of the interest that was caused by the unlwful charges.

If you use the advanced spreadsheet from the library it will work it out for for you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

I'm having trouble locating the Interest calculation spreadsheets. All I get is Microsoft Office Online.:confused:

do you have either microsoft office or works? if not you can download open office for free, just do a google. you will then be able to open spreadsheets

I've had a look at the Microsoft word one which is on my daughters computer, I don't have it on mine. It looks as though I log every charge, fine but do I delete every line & insert my info? It's a rolling sheet too, how does that print out?