Garage issues

danielson81

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Last Sunday the speedo cable on my Fiat car snapped.

On Monday I phoned the garage down the road to book the car in and on Tuesday I took the car to the garage for a new speedo cable to be fitted.

On arrival I was told "no worries mate, should be done by 5pm"

- Tue 5pm, rang up and told "Were waiting for a part, we will ring you tomorrow morning, first thing".

- Wed 3pm, rang up again and asked if ready told "We spoke to Fiat and they don't make the part any more, were going to ring Fiat HQ" I then said I will get the part from the internet and bring it round.

- Thursday 12pm - Part arrived in the post and took it down to garage and told again "will be done this afternoon mate". Phoned at 5pm and told not done yet.

- Friday 12pm - Phoned again, "should be done today mate"

- Saturday 11am - went down there "should be done in an hour mate"

- Saturday 11.45am - they range me up and said they needed another part as there are two parts to speedo cable. I went down again and had a look, it was true.

So this morning I rang Fiat and they had the part and ordered it for Wednesday. Took a total of 5 minutes.

My main gripes are:

a) why didn't the garage realise which part was required on the day I took it in, I guess they took my word for it, it needed a speedo. Why did it take till Saturday to actually look at the car?

b) Why the hell couldn't they find the part, how come I could (eventually!) from Fiat? I assume there ringing the same dealership.

c) Why did they never keep me informed, always me calling them for updates.

If they had done this on Tuesday, the car would of been fixed by now!

Basically can I complain to the garage and attract a discount/compensation etc?

They are a member of goodgaragescheme.co.uk

Your comments would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...