• Tweets

• Yea but the annoying this is that they're not based in england so they won't even come. Just a 2mo delay for no apparent reason.
    • Hi dx, thanks. Yes actually, that is the case with this one! I've taken tomorrow off work, I need to review the whole binder for each of these and I'll refrain from further questions until I do just that. Just on hold for court ref Claim #2
    • 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

trickyt v nationwide

trickyt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I am afraid I have been a little remiss is not posting my own

thread before now; probably because my head has been spinning after dealing with Nationwide for so long. Anyway here goes. First off I would like to say thanks for all the wonderful advice posted on this forum. I started trying to sort out my problems myself by contacting Nationwides

complaints department in January. I then got on the Martin Lewis website

and downloaded template letters from there to start the tried and tested procedure. I also got onto this forum for further information and templates. I had followed the whole procedure up until last week when I had filled in my court claim and was about to check through one more time

before filing. Ironically the court fees came to £120 which I couldn't pay

without going overdrawn again so I had to borrow the money to take NW to court. While that was being arranged I found a new thread on here.

'Another Win-Cuddles v Nationwide'. It made fascinating reading and I recommend it to anyone who has got to the prelim. or LBA stage. He had got fed up with the way he was being treated by NW and went to the Financial Ombudsman. He got a quick response from the NW and they had changed their tune. So I thought why not? On Thurs. I downloaded the claim form; filled it in online; printed it off and sent it the same day along with relevant correspondence between self and NW and also stated that I

had held off filing my claim in court as I was aware that NW were just

needlessly holding up the process with no intention of going to court. I have just rung the FOS and spoken to a very nice man called David who

explained that they had received my complaint; issued me with a ref.no.

and told me that he expected to see it actioned in 7-10 days if not before. I now wait to see what happens in my case and will keep you all informed. I saved myself the £120 court fee and according to a post on Cuddles thread NW get fined £500 when the FOS complain on your behalf.

It has got to be worth looking into for anyone who had reached the stage I was in and to all those as frustrated by NW as I was. Good Luck All.

Trickyt:cool:

Hi Trickyt

Thank you for the reassurance you gave me on my thread its great the way everyone is pulling together on this site.:-)

Your thread is of interest to me and I am thinking that might be the best way for me to go too.

I am subscribing to your thread so we can give each other moral support.

Keep me posted and thanks again.

Speedy :-)

Just to give everyone a quick update. I have become aware that a number of people have tried to contact me in relation to posts I have made on a number of threads recently but as I hadn't opened my own thread until today I have not been receiving them here. Also I have been having difficulty getting onto the web via my IPS. I suspect that this could be because they haven't received payment via NW D/D as I was getting close to O/D point though I keep trying to keep in the black weekly. I went well into the black in January but as I had to pay off unpaid bills; money lent to me by family and friends and fight off a couple of court actions due to NW's actions most of this has now gone and as NW had said they would close my account when it reached ZERO I believe this is what they are attempting to do. This is the reason I took the FOS route at the last minute as I am confident the FOS will launch a full investigation into my complaints. To those I hadn't contacted; I apologise.

Hopefully now I have opened this thread I will be able to keep in touch more effectively.

CHEERS ALL

Trickyt:o

Just sit tight, now, and wait for ther FOS to do the business.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Rooster. Thanks for the quick response. I will keep updating as I hear more and from what I have learnt elsewhere it doesn't usually take too long once the FOS decides to act on a complaint.

• 2 weeks later...

[url=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/94565-gigglemal-nationwide.html][/url]

Hey Tricky

Sorry to hear of your techno problems, hope they get sorted soon.

Thanks to your advice & inspiration, I decided to explore the FOS option, but only after writing a letter to Nationwide (will copy & paste it on my thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/94565-gigglemal-nationwide.html

making some demands for repayment, one for costs 'as is' within 7 days & then costs for contractual interest if repayed within 14 days.

Working on rationale that now FOS are involved (even including the initial discussion & return of post for me signing their form, they've processed my complaint & contacted NW within 4 working days), NW may play ball rather than ass about going through courts.

Will keep you posted of progress

• 1 month later...

Time I posted an update. The FOS sent me a letter informing me that the Nationwide did not accept liability; that their charges were not unlawful or unfair but rather than have a formal investigation by the FOS they have offered to repay ALL the charges I was claiming back + 8% interest. I was told that if I wished to accept this I should sign a form and I would receive this payment in up to six weeks. I contacted the FOS several times after this offer was made as their was more to my complaint than just the charges and I could not see why it should take up to six weeks to get MY money back. Soon after receiving the offer I saw that Nationwide had been named in the High Court test case and with the rest of the pack announced that they would not be paying out on any more claims until the outcome of the test case is announced. The FOS sent me a detailed response and again asked if I wished to accept the offer so I have signed the form and will have to see if/when I finally get back my money. I had asked for all correspondence from the Nationwide back as I reserved the right to use this in any further action but I have not yet received this. I also asked the FOS if the Nationwide would also stop levying their charges

until the outcome of the case is announced. They didn't answer that!

I will post any further developments as and when they arise.

Cheers and good luck in your actions

Trickyt;)