• Tweets

• Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
    • 2. Is correct disregard 1. You must attend ad per the order 
    • Confirmed with Central Contact Centre that the hearing is 24th, disappointed I can't speak directly with the local county court I have to email the local court apparently is the only way. The agent couldn't explain the discrepancy between the two letters, she sounded very confused. If they were identical letters in wording but only dates were different I would feel ok, slightly worried the wording differs...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Universal Credit Loan CCJ - Now Paragon - Paid 19k Still owe 6k

spuddly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sent offers today using template from nationaldebtline website to

Halifax loan owe £234 offered £140

Halifax overdraft owe £198 offered £120

customer solutions. owe £477 offered £290

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

:D :D ###WON###:D :D

## natsy westy result £250:p

## Halifax overdraft settled ##

## Halifax loan settled ##

## chatham settled ##

## paragon suite closed##

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

They did the same thing with us. I would appreciate some help regarding this too...........cheers mates. I will keep an eye on this thread and see if we can help each other.

Regards

saranev

winner of 2 claims..........so far hahaha:p

Saranev

Don't let them get away with it :mad2:

hi, sorry for the delay in replying been working... the address i have sent my CCA recored letter to,

PARAGON PERSONAL FINANCE

ST CATHERINE'S COURT

HERBERT ROAD

SOLIHULL

WEST MIDLANDS

B91 QUE

hope this helps.

spuddly:)

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

## chatham settled ##

sent paragon CCA 20/03/07 no reply

sent this letter on 5/05/07

Dear sir

I refer to my letter dated 17/03/2007 which was delivered via Recorded Delivery to your offices on 20/03/2007.. The documents I requested should be readily available as proof of your legal right to collect this account.

In my letter of the 14/03/2007 I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above account under Section 77(1) and Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and a true signed copy of the Deed of Assignment. In addition a full statement of my account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account from the time PARAGON purchased this account, along with any other documents mentioned in the credit agreement.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, as defined under Section 189 of the CCA 1974.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company commit an offence. These time limits expired on 04/04/2007 and 04/05/2007 respectively.

As you are no doubt aware, Section 78(6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore on 04/05/2007 this account became unenforceable at law and no further payment will be made by myself to the account, as you have failed to comply with a request for a true signed copy of the said agreement, and other relevant documents mentioned in it, and failed to send a full statement of the account and failed to provide a true copy of the Deed of Assignment, under the relevant sections of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Further, i do not acknowledge any debt to PARAGON

I require the following action from PARAGON:

1. All payments made to date to PARAGON for this account should be refunded in full, including interest at the rate of 8% per annum.

2. Removal of all defaults entered by PARAGON. Note this is to be a complete deletion and not merely an amendment.

3. I look forward to compensation under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to be offered for the processing of my data in the manner it has been done over the past number of years.

4. After a full refund of all payments with interest and compensation are received by me, you will be required under Section 10 and Section 12 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to cease and desist all manual and automatic processing of my data within your company and any other company within your group.

If you do not respond positively to my request, court action may be taken under Section 14 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to force PARAGON or any other company within the group to comply with the refund of all monies paid, removal of all defaults maintained and compensation for damage and distress as a result of unlawful data processing. I may also pass the matter to the relevant enforcement authorities including, but not limited to, the OFT, the Information Commissioners Office, Trading Standards, the CSA, the FOS and my local MP.

I look forward to your reply within 14 days to resolve the matter amicably.

Yours sincerely

ME:D

also reported them to FOS..

RECEIVED REPLY 14/05/07

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXX

ACCOUNT NUMBER XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated 4 May 2007

I am presently investigating the comments you have raised and will forward a full response shortly.

If, in the meantime i can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Yours sincerely

MRS CAROLINE WORTON

CUSTOMER SERVICING MANAGER

Spuddly:)

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Well its been a week now since i paid for a CCJ search still no results...!!:confused:

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

hiya spuddly,

what a fab letter, i will be watching this thread as i had a loan with Paragon, when we settled it after only one year they charged us a massive amount re ppi.

Good Luck mate

Saranev

Don't let them get away with it :mad2:

Hi

Sorry been workimng away.... just a little help please, as I said Paragon Charged me £19k when I redeemed this secured loan for what I think is mis-sold insurance. I have the account number, but no paperwork and of course I settled it in 2005. What course of action should I take, this by the way was the catalyst to my debt. I ad to get another secured laon from Future who are now just as bad. |I want to repay them in full but they want 6% ERP charges making me pay £7k ... any help appreciated.

Well its been a week now since i paid for a CCJ search still no results...!!:confused:

One thing to remember is that even if a search comes back with no results it doesn't mean that there is no CCJ.

The Registry Trust and CRA's keep them on file for 6 years from the date of judgement.

You mentioned 1998 in the thread, so if a CCJ was granted in that year, there will no longer be any searchable record of it.

But a CCJ can be enforced indefinately, not just in the 6 years that it is visible. To do this, they would need to produce a copy of it to show that a judgement exists.

For this reason, it's very important that when you have paid off a CCJ, that you keep proof of payment indefinately (i.e. for life) to prevent some chancer from trying enforce the CCJ 15-20 years later. Remember, once a judgement exists, the burden of proof is on you to prove you don't owe the money.

Back to the point, it's important that you establish how much interest is being charged and upon what basis. Normally on a CCJ, you cannot charge interest unless the judgement amount is over 5K and even then, I believe it is a flat rate 8%

But as stated, Paragon have a very nasty "interest after judgement" clause (which is legal) that means they can charge more than 8%. The question is, was this clause in the original credit agreement you signed with Universal.

A very rough calculation from the numbers/dates you have given seems to indicate an interest rate of about 20%. At 8% you probably would have paid it off.

I do not hold any such documents from the outcome of the court ruling...

how does that apply in this case.

any input would be appreciated.

Spuddly:)

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

received a response from RTL from the CCJ search i did on myself and there were NONE RECORDED.

I still have had no response from paragon and Barclay card regarding CCA or S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requests, Do i now wait for 6 years as it has well passed the 12/30 day limitation.

WON####http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html#post769723###WON

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

received a response from RTL from the CCJ search i did on myself and there were NONE RECORDED.

Like I said earlier, it doesn't mean that none exist. However, if you thought they might have taken you to court in 2002, then it should still have been on the register, so a positive.

I still have had no response from paragon and Barclay card regarding CCA or S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requests, Do i now wait for 6 years as it has well passed the 12/30 day limitation.

Assuming there was no CCJ, then probably yes.

However, if they have obtained a CCJ, then they can enforce it at any point in the future. However, the longer time goes by, the less likely it is that they will actually have a copy of the CCJ to prove that it exists. Also a judge may take a dim view of them crawling out of the woodwork after 15 years and wanting to add on 15 years worth of interest, so enforcing it will be harder for them - though not impossible.

OK received SAR from paragon today included was a copy of the alleged agreement.

plus some details of CCJ placed on this account back in 2002.

However there are inconsistencies... (don't wish to disclose too much about this bit on an open forum never know who's reading these !!).

how do i upload alleged credit agreement sent to me ?

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Hi all,

Paragon finally replied today,

Brief history...CCa req march 07 none compliance

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request may 07 recieved today.

everything seems in order as far as i am aware, however it does contain a CCA without signatures and no date.

This account has been running since 1997. Failed to meet payments so

2001-Joined DMP

2002-defaulted

CCJ summons allegedly served 03/04/02

The creditors cannot provide me with a PROPERLY EXECUTED CCA.

How do i stand in relation to the CCJ i appear to have been issued... :)

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Also Spuddly,

you've scanned that in way too low a resolution, cant view it im afraid?

If you can get a high res scan put up, we might be able to help, the list that makes it 'improperly executed' (as opposed to 'unenforceable) is endless, and whilst it MAY not wipe the debt it would most likely be a BIG help

Example, if they have failed to send you a copy of the executed agreement with each new card you may be able to get all interest charged since then back (thats Section 85)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

it doesn't have to include signatures.

Surely a True "properly executed credit agreement"

must contain signatures from both parties, T&C ,% rate and dated otherwise

Whats the point of signing credit agreements .

:)

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

can i pm you ncf35 for a better look :) ?

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

no probs

wont get to it until tonight though m8

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

check with a cra that you do have a CCJ or not

if a ccj exists, then i see little point in a CCA request?

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Surely a True "properly executed credit agreement"

must contain signatures from both parties, T&C ,% rate and dated otherwise

Whats the point of signing credit agreements .

:)

that is true, however, when you request a copy agreement under s77/78 the "copy" agreement doesn't have to inlude them.

on occasion a perfectly adhered to request for this info wouldn't prove whether or not an agreement is unforceable or not.

:eek: Received SAR request today from Paragon

They have judgment details for the CCJ

guess the CCA does not apply now (even though there is no visible signature and date on the copy)

full log of everything said and done since opening the account back in 1997.

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

I have looked into the CCJ with PARAGON and the courts set the payment to £103 back in june 2002 .

Can they make me pay anymore, do i offer a payment i consider to be reasonable.

How can i get them to stop adding interest..!! :)

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

:eek: Received S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request today from Paragon

They have judgment details for the CCJ

guess the CCA does not apply now (even though there is no visible signature and date on the copy)

full log of everything said and done since opening the account back in 1997.

While you cannot use the CCA to deny the debt, the point is that if there is no signature on the form, then the same principles of the CCA apply in that the additional debt cannot be enforced if they "interest following judgement" clause is either not there, or not signed.

Throughout all this, bear in mind that there is a good possibility that they could just be trying it on - hoping that you'll just cave in and effectively sign over your house to them for a £3,900 loan.

You don't neccessarily need to prove your case - just show them that you're prepared to put up enough of a fight and that you won't be pushed over. Just like most predators, they tend to go after the weak first and tend to back down from the feisty ones for fear of them biting back.

As I said, I think you need some professional advice on this. They might not be bluffing.

I have looked again at a link mentioned earlier:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 18 Interest Charges On A Consumer Credit Judgment

This parargraph seems relevant at this time

Contractual interest

Some credit agreements allow a creditor to add contractual interest on to the amount of the county court judgment.

This has been confirmed as legally binding following a court of appeal case taken by the Office of Fair Trading against First National Bank. This means that, while you are paying the county court judgment, contractual interest may be charged on the amount that you still owe on the judgment. This may not be made clear to you by the creditor.

If this is the case, when you have paid the original balance owed on the judgment, you will find that you have an extra amount that you may still owe the creditor, even though the judgment has been paid in full. To force you to pay this, the creditor would have to take you to court again.

ADVICE

To work out whether you have paid the judgment balance, you should check your own payment record or contact the creditor to seek written confirmation that the county court judgment amount has been paid in full.

I have been through the SAR which they sent me and after totalling up the repayments on this account for a £10,000 loan, i have actually paid back £15,684.93.

Now as my original loan was £10k and the litigation section of paragons documents state that

amount claimed was £9528.17

court costs £230.00

Solicitors costs £100.00

total amount £9858.17

i was wondering if i had paid them enough and the extra £8012.10 they say i STILL owe upto today is actually CONTRACTRAL INTERSEST they slapped on top.

Also why do i end up paying the court costs etc. when the court knew of my situation and reduced my repayment to PARAGON.

Do they have to take me to court to get the rest of the Dosh!!

details relating to signature paragon.jpg

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##