40 days - no response

wordword
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 01st of May 2007, I sent a letter (using template) to Barclays Data Protection requesting a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years.

Unfortunately, after 40days I received no response and therefore phoned them today (11th June 2007).

I was told that my letter has not been received (even though correctly addressed), however they did order the requested information over the phone, although this could take another 40 days to process.

I have report the above to the Information Commissioner.

What should I do? Except its not been received and wait another 40 days?

sent a cheque, but didnt send by recorded delivery (school boy error, but thought it may have more chance going missing if the wrong person signed for it)

a firend has said i should send another letter saying i want the information within 14 days (which im legally entitled to) and state who I have spoken to on the phone.

Wordword

I must apologize, just realised that was your first post. Welcome to the forum.

I think you have learned a valuable lesson. You must send everything by recorded delivery. Barclays are notorious for losing mail. I assume your cheque has not been cashed?

Which address did you use. The correct one is

1Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Which number did you use to check status of letter? 01565 614208 or 01565 614281 is the direct number for the Data Protection Team

thanks for the welcome.

sent to

Barclays Data Protection

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU

called

0845 755 5555

dont believe the cheque has been cashed, will double check tonight.

Ok, shall I resend the letter? to the address you supplied, or can i request over the phone?

Am I allowed to jump on this thread too, as I'm in exactly the same position? The difference being that I spoke to a lady whose No was on a thread here, a Customer Relations Manager who told me my letter had been logged. I hadn't sent it RD though, big mistake! She told me they had up to 8wks to respond which sounded more like they were going to take 8wks. My letter was sent to Complaints Dept. Leics. Didn't know anything about a cheque I'm afraid.

Deedub

welcome

Please start your own thread so that we can keep an eye on your progress.

But in response to what you have said, it seems likely to me that the 8wks you are referring to is Barclays policy for handling complaints. As you have not included a cheque for £10 Barclays are well within their rights to dismiss your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and as such don't have to comply with the DPA 40 calender days

Firstly,,,sned everyhting recorded and note every converstion you have had with barclays, things like name date, time, general subject matter.

what tends to happen is that barclays mess up the sending of statements, i hhad three copies of the same ones! lol one for my orignal request, 1 for my secondrequest,and 1 for my complaint!

They have to send themout within 40 days, wordword, make a new request in writing using template and 10 pound cheque, send again, but this time ring them after 14 days and ask them where it is, tell the person on the line it is your second request, they will print it out there and then and you will eventually end up with many copies! deeddub probably do the same

Barclays T&C Databse

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Thanks for all your help, looks like ive made a bit of a mess of this.

Should I resend the letter requesting list of all the default charges over the last six years (by recorded delivery) to one of the below addresses? If so, which one?

Barclays Data Protection

1Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

or

Barclays Data Protection

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU

Or shall I call them on 01565 614208 / 01565 614281 to request info?

Would a letter be better as its evidence?

thanks for all your help.

I will send a new letter today to the Churchill Place address.

Does it matter what letter I use

Bank Charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, get up to six years' money back... - this one from Money Saving Expert

or

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html - the letter fro this website?

Hi wordword

I'm at the same stage as yourself. i sent of my sar on the 4th of June.

So now the long wait for statments.:rolleyes:

I would stick to the cag Data Protection Act SAR Letter from this site.

That way there won't be any confusion between advice.

use the ones form here, they are better and more precise, plus then you have a standardised systematic claim process which has worked for many! also everyone will then know exactly what help you need if you get stuck further down the line...go for it! dont delay no more;)

Barclays T&C Databse

Sorry, more questions.... hope u dont mind.

The letter template on this website (1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges), doesnt appear to request statements for the last 6 years. Other templates I have seen do mention this specific time period.

Is this ok, and should I just use the "1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges" as below?

Here is the confusing bit:-

6 years is the legal time limit for you to make claims (which can also be extended in circumstances), however far as I am aware the data act means that they have to provide to you ALL information which falls into this act to you, hence why this template is devoid of years. In theory you should get all your statements back to when you opened your account. However in practice you will get no further than 1996. Banks try to weasle out of it for any older ones, but there people trying to get them back so watch this space! we may beable to claim back till time began!

Barclays T&C Databse

wordword

can you please edit out the template letter you have posted. these are not meant to be posted on the forums as guests will be able to view. all the template letters in the libraries are only available to registered members. This site is free but relies on donations from members that have made succesful claims. please don't make it easy for people to leech off of us... sorry if i sound a bit off

regards

Trucker

• 3 weeks later...

Have received my statements and i am just about to send 'Letter 2 - Preliminary approach for repayment'.

Whats address should I send this to? The same as the letter requesting statements?

i.e.

Barclays Data Protection

Barclays Bank Plc

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

I have also completed the Schedule of Charges, should I include the 'interest 8% APR' field?

The Letter includes the following

'I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX . I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.'

My Schedule of Charges for which I want to claim, only consists of PAID REFERRAL's & UNPAIDS OUT. Therefore can I change the above to

'I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX. I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.'

"I have also completed the Schedule of Charges, should I include the 'interest 8% APR' field?"

No. This is only added when you file a claim with court/MCOL.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41