• Tweets

• Please don't use hosting sites. Read upload and use  pdf dx          
    • Just read the terms and conditions, Interesting read.   My contract is with Parcels 2 go, and not DPD.   15. ADDITIONAL PROTECTION For goods Transported within the United Kingdom and Internationally, if we cause the physical loss of or physical damage to any goods while we are Transporting them, and storage other than storage under Condition 11(c), we will pay you as follows:- a) Where you have paid or agree to pay our charge for Additional Protection and we have agreed to the this: - i) The most we will pay is £5000 per Consignment. We work this out by referring to the actual value of the Consignment as set out in Condition 15(b). ii) Where "Additional Protection" is taken out and a Consignment is partially lost or damaged, we will only pay for the part, which is lost or damaged. Depending on Condition 15(b) nothing in this Condition will limit our liability for damages below £50 for any one Consignment. iii) We will work out the actual value of any goods lost or damaged by referring to their repair, replacement, resale or market cost at the time and place of collection, whichever is less. The value we work out will not be more than the original cost of the item you have actually paid for, plus 10%. b) If you ask for "Additional Protection", you must tell us the nature of goods to be carried. We will decide in our discretion whether "Additional Protection" will apply to any Consignment.   I paid an additional fee of £2.50 ex VAT, for protection to the full value £100. However in the terms above, it states above that the most they will pay is £5000, as i've paid the additional protection yet it doesn't actually detail the service price paid. They will set the price regardless of how much additional protection you pay for, is the way i am reading this.   So, i say the value is £100, and i pay £2.50 ex VAT. The above means i'm covered for £5000 irrespectively of what sum of money was paid. I gave them a value (Not disclosed as Inc or Ex VAT), yet they will decide the value worth. However, how will they know what 'plastic electronics' value is worth!?    
    • 1st Post,   So i needed to send back some goods to a ManF in the UK. Bit time conscience so decided to go with DPD Local as it's a fair price based upon 24hr delivery.   Sent 3 items within the same box, wrapped up in a Cardboard box, decided to use digital label (Retailer sticks a thin self adhesive Barcode on the box!) knowing from previous experience, i decided to print out a letter inside with Address of Sender and Receiver,  plus another sellotaped within a transparent wallet on the outside of the box, with receiver address shown.   All 3 items are actually faulty, so i declared them as 'Plastic Electronics' which they are, PCBs housed in plastic. Due to the fact they were faulty, DPD standard is £50 cover, so i boosted this to £100 only. In reality, 1x Good is worth £400 working, 2x Goods no longer manufactured but can be repaired which was the desired outcome est £1000. Plus insurance is 10% of the items declared sum, meaning £1000 is £100 fee inc the 20% VAT, expensive gamble either way.   DPD tracking stopped, so made a phone call and played dumb that i couldn't find my tracking number (Only given at point of drop off) and gave them my online DPD Reference number, Operator said this is useless. Only then i gave them my tracking number, then they asked me to repeated everything i have declared verbally, to start an investigation.  Operator said they started an investigation and i should call back in 5 days...5 working day? No reference numbers, no nothing...take there word for it!   I can't seem to understand why we fill out paperwork, have to repeat ourselves, I packaged the box perfectly suitably including adding postage addresses in and outside the box. Gave it to DPD to delivery, yet they have no clue of the parcels whereabouts once collected.   Why would they ask me for the contents? Does this mean they have the authority to open any box within there possession? Feels like i've sold DPD my package, and i have to do all the legwork to get a service which is now late/delayed, written and verbal chasing and potentially filling out claim form. Doesn't make sense when we are told what our side of the contact is, wrap, stick, drop off..   What can i do now?    I called Monday 20th Sept, and have to wait 5 days before chasing, again i chose DPD for trust and time..  
    • @BankFodder just a quick update I have been informed by my sister in law her husband was arrested by the police tonight after being circulated as wanted, she rang me threatening on the phone etc this has been logged with the police. Also need to write a letter to the independent assessor by 8th October im really sorry im really struggling with this x
    • received a letter from restons  dated 11th september . requesting me to withdraw my defence or they will strike out my defence . they believe that their client has complied with my request and restons have sent me   A copy of letter which allegedly tesco bank sent me on  25/10/2019 ,the letter is supposed to be a letter of assignment . this letter goes on to explain how debt managers services is going to process and use my data.   Restions have also sent me a statement from tesco bank stating balance etc.the date of statement is 26 /10/19 .   Also restons have sent me a copy of the credit agreement dated 30/07/2008 . the agreement is supposed to be electronically signed .         https://www.imagebam.com/view/GA1S9T  
  • Our picks

Camdenite Vs. Providian/Monument "WON"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope I'm on the right thread here? Barclaycard took over Monument, I beleive?

I have had a complete nightmare getting the Monument offices to comply with my SAR. The 40 days was up about two weeks ago. I was told over the phone the list of charges would be "with me shortly" on two separate occaisions. I sent the template letter stating that they had 10 days to comply, but have had no response and when I phoned on Saturday was told that they couldn't find my list of charges due to computer data problems caused by the takeover of a US bank they've just gone through!

A complete pile of stinking......., methinks.

Has anyone else had the same problems with them and how did they go about sorting it out? I know reporting them to the FO is probably the only option, but even they seem to take at least a month to look into things.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they give you a timescale for when they expect the "data problems" to be resolved? You can file in court for non compliance but from what I've read you really need to have exhausted all avenues i.e Information commisioners office, Ombudsmen. The "data problem" could give them wriggle room in court so get it cleared up and complain to all and sundry first!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Thanks for the response jshtr3. They couldn't give me a time frame for sorting out their computer problems. Basically they couldn't locate my details anymore although they acknowledged they had already been working on it and were aware that they had twice told me over the phone that the list of charges would be sent to me shortly.

It's along since closed account (Jan '02> Autumn '03).At least they are not denying it existed and that they received my SAR, I suppose.

I'll give them another call tomorrow. Does anyone have any contacts in their Legal Dept.?

No luck whatsoever on the phone today. None of the staff seem to know what a SAR actually is or even be aware of the concept!

All I got was that they could no longer find my details and they may have been migrated to another computer system.

Anyone know how I get in touch with Monument's legal team directly?

sorry to bump, but am just in a foul mood after being given the runnaround for over an hour on the phone. They are never going to give me the info are they?

If it wasn't for the website Sat No To 0870, I would be looking at losing about £30 on calls to them so far!

• 2 weeks later...
sorry to bump, but am just in a foul mood after being given the runnaround for over an hour on the phone. They are never going to give me the info are they?

If it wasn't for the website Sat No To 0870, I would be looking at losing about £30 on calls to them so far!

If they are in breach of the CCA/SAR request you have requested you can report it to the ICO (Information Commissioner Office) or issue an N1 claim against them asking for the paperwork - you'd be asking court to order them to comply etc..

My CCA skeleton argument to use in court -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/115280-useful-information.html

Useful Letters (CCA request is letter N)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CAG A-Z list of useful places in CAG -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Introduction to Consumer Litigation -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

CABOT THREADS -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html

ALWAYS SEEK A PROFESSIONAL OPINION FROM QUALIFIED ADVISORS - any advice offered is from my own experience and knowledge - I am NOT qualified.

It would be in your interest to wait until you have the statements - as frustrating as it maybe.

Give them a call and tell them you have your N1 sitting waiting to be filed as they are in breach of the data protection act.

I did this with Barclaycard and it seems to have woke them up - not got my statements yet, but filing N1 today.

Good luck and don't give in.

will do. I have plenty to be getting on with on my other claims and Like I said, I'll be surprised if it's for more than a couple of hundred pounds in total. Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Moneyhelp & Elizabeth1. It's another fortnight and still they have done nothing despite letters and phonecalls. I've had plenty to be getting on with on my other claims so have let it run a little.

Can you give me some advice on filing a N1 for non-compliance of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)? I've done it for actual sums but how do I refer to the breach on the form?

Hi Moneyhelp & Elizabeth1. It's another fortnight and still they have done nothing despite letters and phonecalls. I've had plenty to be getting on with on my other claims so have let it run a little.

Can you give me some advice on filing a N1 for non-compliance of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)? I've done it for actual sums but how do I refer to the breach on the form?

All the info you need for the Non Compliance claim is here in this Link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

My CCA skeleton argument to use in court -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/115280-useful-information.html

Useful Letters (CCA request is letter N)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CAG A-Z list of useful places in CAG -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Introduction to Consumer Litigation -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

CABOT THREADS -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html

ALWAYS SEEK A PROFESSIONAL OPINION FROM QUALIFIED ADVISORS - any advice offered is from my own experience and knowledge - I am NOT qualified.

Hello

I am exactly in the same position as you could you please supply me with their phone number as I will start on at them as well.

I complained to information commissioner but they still havent done anything.

I had started another thread asking what happens if they physically cannot provide the information to us?

Do we estimate charges and start a claim this way?

There is another thread somewhere on here who actually took them to court to get the info but they could not provide it - I will try to find it and post the link.

Anyhelp from anybody would really help, I know this this is probably unchartered territory but please dig deep!!

Thank you kiri260180

The Best Person dealing with Providian is Caroline MacLean on 01293 802626 or try 01293 802460 for Paul Wilson.

Although helpful, they will not promise anything other than the fact they expect it to be soon.

I am sensing a deliberate tactic to delay any claims until after the Yorkshire/Clydesdale disclosures on the 28th September.

It's to do with the Hull cases that we're struck out previously. Basically, Yorkshire Bank & Clydesdale Bank have agreed to a hearing on the 28th September in which they have agreed to disclose their actual cost of bouncing a cheque or clearing payments in order for some sort of legal standpoint to be established.

There is a thread on the front page of this CAG site if you want to have a look in detail.

Let us know how you get on with Caroline & Paul a Providian.

That does not sound too good.

I will get onto them - I am thinking though as there is not penalty for them not too provide it we are fighting a loosing battle especially if they are waiting I dont think that they have anything too loose.

There is nothing to threaten them with either apart from turning up on their doorstep. It is not too far away from me and I am thinking now that is quite a good idea!!

I will look into it. kiri260180

I called Ms mclean and no answer and no chance of leaving a message so called Monument customer service who gave me runaround did get Ms Mclean's e-mail address though so I have written her a long and stinging e-mail. I will see where this gets me and I will let everybody know my progress.

If I dont hear back from her with my statements in 7 days I am going to start a claim on estimated charges as they cant provide my statements they will have to prove otherwise and I will see what happens, I dont think I had a huge amount about £200 or so but I am going to chargev thenm £12 for every month of statements that they cant provide and I will see what happens if I loose I loose I hae not lost out on much but if I win I get more than I would have been claiming.

Will keep you all posted. kiri260180

Hi Kiri

Take a look at my thread for some numbers and email addresses ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/89294-moneyhelp-barclaycard.html

Hi Moneyhelp.

Thanks for the thread, but it's Providian cards that are proving to be a problem. Providian was taken over by Monument, who in turn we're taken over by Barclaycard..... . Barclaycard don't have the records and refer us to this office no' that has reputedly taken over the old Providian cards.

I think it's just Kiri & me who are having a mare with them. Caroline MacLean is their para-legal and seems to be the only one there who even understand the concept.

Could you pm one of the mods see if any of them have any expercience with them?

I am not 100% sure but I think that Providian was owned by Barclays before as the place where you have to pay in too is Barclays Bank I have 1 statement and on there it definately has Barclays on the paying in slip.

Anyway Barclays have been awful to deal with as well and I had a real fight with them to get my statements and they are also forcing me into taking them to court.

They were not this bad though. I will see what I get back from letter as I say they have 7 days and then I will see where I go from there.

kiri260180

Hi

It is down to Monument to provide statements not Providian.

Providian sold to Monument In 2003 ,both were licenced under Barclays Bank plc

Barclays transfered all its rights under Monument to stepto & son sorry Raphael & sons on 02/07/07, but as Monument have said no changes are being made at this time then its down to them

I sent my S.A.R. on 06/05/07 received statements on 08/07/07 ,had all the same bla, bla Providian bla, bla Barclays ,but I got them in the end

try talking to Naomi Wort she sent me all my info. good luck

Thanks all. I'll try the Naomi Wort route although previous dialogue with Barclaycard has ended up with me being passed on to Caroline MacLean. Amongst the many excuses I've had was a "take-over by a U.S. bank" Does anyone know what they might be reffering to?

My SAR was on the 24th April so you can imagine the frustration. It's only likely to be a couple of hundred quid at most, but this company have driven me up the wall.