deedee1310 v Halifax Plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys - just to update.

I received a rubbish fob off letter from Haliprats, stating the usual "charges are fair, la la po, etc, etc"!

So the expiry before I send my LBA is 7/7/07 which will commence round two. At least shAbbey had the "decency" to say that would need 4 weeks to look into it.

So I will update again in 7 days unless of course Haliprats decide to reconsider.

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Well at least you had some contact so you know your letters are getting through.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Just an update.

before I sent my Prelim letter to Haliprats, I sent them an SAR on 11/6/07 because I was missing three statements.

After much consideration, I decided against waiting for Haliprats to fulfill my SAR and decided to send my Prelim letter with charges based on the statements that I do have.

I received a letter today from them, dated 27/6/2007 with regards to my SAR. They are experiencing a high number of similar requests (can't thing why CAG members ;) ). They stated that it may take a little time to process my request but they aim to give me a response no later than 40 days from when they received my original request.

Countdown started from 13/6/07 (the day after receipt), so they have until 22/7/07 (which is a Sunday) to respond. LOL! I still need the info from my SAR as I made it for another Haliprats account that I will claim on once I receive all the info. Even when it all comes, I will wait as I currently have Halifax, Crap One and shAbbey on the go at the moment, so will need a breather once I have concluded these which is still a good 2-4 months away.

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Thanks BigMac.

So you would advise me calling them after I have issued my LBA? I have read so many threads and everyone seems to have had different experiences.

I wasn't expecting to get a straight up rejection of my claim, as their first piece of correspondence. Most people got the "we are looking into your complaint" letter first. They just skipped to the "no the charges are fair and have been applied correctly" letter with me. :mad:

Well their LBA is due to be sent this Friday 6/7. If you think that I may have some luck calling them and trying to get them to settle before it goes to court, I will certainly give this a try. Which is the best number to ring?

deedee

My threads

Hi deedee speaking from experience i have found Halifax extremely easy to deal with.

When you send the LBA they will reply saying they are reopening your complaint and will get back in touch within at most 8 weeks.

Give the 14+2 days then call them saying you are about to raise court action and are phoning them to give one last chance to settle.

At this point they may say no but dont be too upset if this happens because they will reply to your lba usually with a lower offer. When this arrives it will have a name on it and this is the person you need to talk to. If you cant get them dont discuss with the person who picked the phone up as they are more than likely unable to adjust the offer, simply leave a message for them to call you back, if they dont call back you call them the next day and repeat the same steps. The other choice is to speed up the process by waiting 14+2 days then start legal action wait till it is deemed served allow a couple of days then calll them and they will more than likely willing to settle. Just remember they may try and offer reduced amounts but stay concentrated and sound confident in what you are saying and all should go well.

Thanks guys!

I will issue LBA on Saturday and wait 14 days (I thought it was 12 + 2 days?) and then call if I get a response in that time. :confused::o:p:D

deedee

My threads

I'm sending my LBA today. Do I send it to Trinity Road, which is where I sent my Prelim letter, or do I send it to Catherine Toner at "Customer Relations" in Leeds, who wrote me my IFOL (intial fob-off letter).

What d'ya think? :?

deedee

My threads

Thanks Tilly!

I am on a mission. LOL! I'm trying to get my s**t sorted out and I'm glad I have the support of you all to enable me to do so.

I think my finding of this site was extremely timely. :)

I'll print my LBA off now and get it ready to send first thing this morning.

As the 14 days draw closer, do I need to wait for a response from them before I try and negotiate or do I call the "Customer Relations" (I use the term loosely) people?

deedee x

My threads

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Halifax have failed to respond to my LBA. :mad: Therefore, I should be issuing my N1 on Monday.

Does anyone think it's worth me calling the Customer Relations department and trying to get them to settle before I start court proceedings, or should I just issue them anyway and call their litigation team once I get my Notice of Issue.

All comments and advice as usual is warmly appreciated.

deedee

My threads

You can always try a call, but the chances are slim of getting a settlement.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

So N1 it is then. Hey ho!

Thanks SSL as always. :D

deedee x

My threads

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update - I filed my N1 last Thursday 26/7. Ironically the same day that the news of the OFT test case was released. I was blissfully unaware at the time until I caught up with the news on the forum :p:confused:

I have today received a letter from Halifax regarding my SAR for two accounts I hold with them. One of the accounts is the one I have just filed the N1. I went ahead with this claim as I was missing three statements. The second one is for an account that I know I had lots of charges levied against but was not as meticulous at filing statements for.

I made my request on 11 June. They are well past the 40 days and the letter I received today, dated 27 July, states that alll the documents are ready and will be posted out to me shortly. On 27 June they wrote me and said that they would meet the 40 day deadline - yeah right!

Anyway that's my news on this thread for now.

deedee x

My threads

Good to see you filed.

So have you recieved you N1 copy back yet with your date deemed served?

F&Q's... Read here

No I haven't. I haven't for my Abbey claim yet either. Lambeth CC are really slow. I had an awful time on the phone last week see CapQuest CCJ and this slowness is causing me a major headache, especially for my Capquest case.

Their excuses aren't good at all. I was so busy at work yesterday, I was unable to make any personal phone calls. When I remembered it was past 4pm and the court office was closed. I will try today.

Now I've filed, is it worth starting to hassle Halifax to settle? I know there's an air of uncertainty with the OFT test case. I wonder if anyone has had their case settled, SINCE news of the test case was announced?

deedee

My threads

At least you've got a Lambeth CC buddy deedee :D I filed my N244 for pre-action disclosure yesterday, so we'll be waiting for them together :lol:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Hi Deedee,

There are several of us in same situation, If your claim is for unlawful charges OFT case has no bearing, as this is about un-authorised overdraft charges. Just keep plodding away. I think that some may have been settled and some of us are just days away. Check out my thread stonedecroze v Halifax2 (sorry not sure how to do linky thingy).

good luck with yours. goodluck.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales