deedee1310 v Halifax Plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all!

I have started my own thread as I am sending off my SAR today. Have had to do so as I am missing 3 statements (really annoying)!!

Even without the 3 statements, have worked out that they owe me £3751 for charges and about £91 for interest. I am using the complex spreadsheet found in the library.

However, I'm not sure if it has calculated the interest correctly. If I can send this to anyone to have a look, I will be most grateful.

Anyway wish me luck :)

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi moneyhelp.

Thanks for your reply. I should have made myself clearer!

I meant the interest that they have charged on the overdrawn balance at the time. Although I have an authorised overdraft, some of the interest that they have charged has been due to my balance being over the authorised limit as a result of the charges that they have charged. I'm using the advanced excel spreadsheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/Spreadsheets/England/Complex-bank-charges-calc.xls

If you are familiar with it, I'd appreciate some help! :D

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

May battle commence. Have just sent by S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) by Recorded Delivery. Will await with bated breath!

My threads

yep I have to agree with moneyhelp. Ignore the fob off letters and you'll do just fine.

we are all here for help and support so anything you need help with just shout!!

Good Luck xxxx

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Thanks guys. This is why I think this site rocks!

I have only been a member for three days now but I have learnt so much and read so much (have had a bad headache for 2/3 days due to intake of info :D ).

I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of becoming a vexatious litigant :D as opposed to being a vexatious defendant :mad: .

Could really use the money, as I am currently unemployed and am trying to finish University. It was the subject of my dissertation (on debt and it's growth BTW), that made me stumble (quite literally) upon this site.

I am spreading the CAG gospel to all and sundry. To quote Michael (Jackson - apologies to any fans) "I am not alone, you are here for ME!"

I fully intend to ignore the fob off letters. BTW can anyone check my spreadsheet for me please if I PM you? I am using the Advanced Excel one. I am quite good at Excel but the IF statements (which are hidden) that aids with the calculation of debit interest (not CI - see fast learner), I'm not sure if the figures they are returning are correct. I have an authorised limit (£750) but I don't think it's interest free. Do I enter this into the "Interest Free Overdraft" column?

To be honest I wasn't that bothered about the calculation with my Abbey claim. Maybe I should have had it checked before sending it off :confused:

Anyway thanks again to all. Watch this space................

My threads

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I decided not to wait for my SAR to come through as I was missing only three statements, one of which that had no transactions on it.

I sent my Preliminary Letter off yesterday. I am claiming Contractual Interest at 29.8%. Yes - I have read all the arguments for and against this, however the saying is "nothing ventured nothing gained." :)

My problem is this. I was looking over my spreadsheet again today and realise that it is missing £30 (not all the formulas were applied correctly when I was removing rows). :mad:

Should I send the correct shedule with my LBA and mention the revision in the letter? :-?

Please advise.

Thanks guys.

My threads

Thanks Tilly. :D

I've become really good at helping everyone else but I'm worried about to how to answer my own queries. :o

Never mind. I will send the revised schedule with my LBA in two weeks time.

deedee

My threads

Thanks guys. :) :)

You're right about needing reassurance. I've just spent this week helping Coxey http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/90138-coxey61-capital-one.html with her spreadsheet problem but am too anxious to figure out my own simple problem :p

Lol - what a funny old world we live in. :)

BTW does anyone know any threads I can read with regards to successful Halifax claims with Contractual Interest? I've looked but can't find any. Maybe I'm missing something?

deedee

My threads

Thanks Moneyhelp!

I read Mindzai & Lucid's thread from start to finish on Thursday. What an incredible account. However Have also read the "Why is no-one claiming CI" thread too!

I'm looking for Halifax CI successes. I'm currently trawling through the sticky at the top of the Halifax forum.

Wish me luck ;)

My threads

Thanks Moneyhelp!

I read Mindzai & Lucid's thread from start to finish on Thursday. What an incredible account. However Have also read the "Why is no-one claiming CI" thread too!

I'm looking for Halifax CI successes. I'm currently trawling through the sticky at the top of the Halifax forum.

Wish me luck ;)

There was recently a precedent case for contractual interest (which i think was against halifax) and the CAG claimant lost. I dont think we have much prospect of successfully claiming contractual now.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

I think I read that one too. It went to the High Court apparently, which means it sets a precedent for the lower courts :(

However I will put three amounts on my POC should it come to it

1. interest at unauthorised rate

2. interest at authorised rate

3. interest at Statutory rate

and leave it to the judge to decide. Mindzai & Lucid did the same and were paid CI by Lloyds without them actually appearing in court.

I am not holding out for CI but you don't know until you try.

Thank you for the heads up. BTW do you have the link for that case? I haven't book marked it :(

deedee :p

My threads

I think I read that one too. It went to the High Court apparently, which means it sets a precedent for the lower courts :(

However I will put three amounts on my POC should it come to it

1. interest at unauthorised rate

2. interest at authorised rate

3. interest at Statutory rate

and leave it to the judge to decide. Mindzai & Lucid did the same and were paid CI by Lloyds without them actually appearing in court.

I am not holding out for CI but you don't know until you try.

Thank you for the heads up. BTW do you have the link for that case? I haven't book marked it :(

deedee :p

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/97691-contractual-interest-precedent-lost.html?highlight=precedent

You are taking the correct approach - you never know it may slip through the net at the unauthorised rate.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Thanks Stornoway :) !

I have bookmarked the thread and will have a re-read.

I have no idea what the outcome will be with Haliprats. I have another account with them that I need to claim on too, but I thought I'd do one with them to test the water ;) .

I'd be quite happy with charges and overdraft interest (whoops did I say that out loud) but we shall see what happens.

Thank you all for your support - WATCH THIS SPACE!!

deedee

My threads

Have a read through this thread. I know its not halifax, but there are some good hints for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/56352-josa-natwest-6-years.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks SSL. I'm reading it now. :D

deedee

My threads

Thanks lovely Tilly!

You're right - you never know. From what I can see every member has had a DIFFERENT experience with the same institution. Some have found them easier to deal with than others.

Well I have proceeded with Round One so - WATCH THIS SPACE!! ;)

deedee x

• Haha 1

My threads