Lloyds say letter is final word on matter. What now??

Tallpaulselfridge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter from Lloyds stating they will be putting £750 into my account as settlement of my claim of £1866 for unfair charges.

They stated that they consider this their final word on the matter and if I wish to take the matter further that I should got to the Financial Ombudsman.

Of course I am not going to accept this offer as it is, and would be happy to accept £1500. I would like to phone the bank and let them know this, hoping that they will agree to settle at this amount. But I'm worried that as they said the letter was their last word, that they wont even listen to my proposal.

Will they? Should I phone the bank, or is the Ombudsman my only option now?

Thanks for your help.

Not at all.

They might say it's their final word, but a court claim will soon get them answering you whether they like it or not.

And why accept £1500 when you should be getting the lot? Any particular reason why you want them to keep £366 of your money? :shock:

Read the FAQs, read the step-by-step (if you haven't yet), understand why YOU're in control of this claim, and keep going.

Don't phone them, everything in writing, and go for 100% of your charges, it will do you no favour to settle for less, it will only show them that you are unsure of yourself. ;-)