spring6 v MBNA

spring6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am following other threads with interest and thought it was time to start my own for MBNA, I have just sent a LBA and my claim is for £540 before interest. MBNA sent a summary of charges quickly and without charge - now it's just a waiting game.

I also have a claim v Abbey which is a lot further on - they have just filed an acknowledgement of service.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, received offer today in full and final settlement which I've rejected...hope I've done the right thing! It works out at about half of the value of the charges before interest etc... is anyone else in this position? I've used the template and indicated I would accept only as partial settlement and pursue the rest ... time to grab another beer and wait patiently......

Hi Spring6, The same thing has happened to me. I was due to file MCOL last week but I gave them a call to see if they would settle and they said they would send me an offer in the post. I received a full and final settlement which was all my charges but not the interest. So I have sent a rejection letter saying I will give them till next monday to return my charges and interest and then I will definately be filing my claim with the court.

I am also wondering what POC format to use because I am claiming contractual interest and not the 8% interest that you usually use at MCOL stage.

Penny.

Hi pennypenny - I just went for the 8% rate so can't help with the contract rate I'm afraid but lots of other threads are claiming contractual interest rates. I want to settle but 50% not enough - fingers crossed they will agree to my counter-offer and avoid filing claim. Just had 65% offer from Abbey today which I'm on a mission to improve upon. Will follow your progress...

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote to mbna rejecting the £260 cheque using the template on this site - they have sent the cheque anyway without any further covering letter - can I bank it and go after them for the difference or should I return it - help please

I would keep hold of it but not bank it for the moment, they will probably up their offer when they receive your rejection letter anyway. Did it say full and final settlement on it?

So far I have had three offers which is all of my charges and part of the interest, theres about another £450 to go so I gave them a call and they said they had received my rejection letter and would definately be offering more but are a bit behind due to the large number of claims. I think we are keeping them busy, bless them.:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, good news, out of the blue today received second cheque from mbna for an amount just shy of the total charges with interest added. Perfect timing as was going to file with MCOL on Friday for the balance. Very straightforward organisation to deal with in this claim.

Can now fill fridge with beer !!!!!!!!!

Well done, Spring6. No flies on you with this one!!

I'm quite partial to a bacardi and coke :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.