Can I speak for my partner in court??

dicko753
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner is claiming against Lloyds and has just recieved a date for an Allocation Hearing, but she is getting scared and does not want to speak in court can I do it for her with her present?

I'm not looking forward to doing it myself but she is that worried she is talking about giving in and I really don't want her to do that this far down the road!!

Can anybody advise if this is allowed and do I have to inform everyone involved in advance?

Reagrds

dicko:lol:

yes, you have the right to act as lay representative but they will have to be there, in person. it is always a good idea to let them know(or "request leave") in advance;

PRACTICE DIRECTION – SMALL CLAIMS TRACK - This Practice Direction supplements CPR Part 27

(1)

A party may present his own case at a hearing or a lawyer or lay representative may present it for him.

(2)

The Lay Representatives (Right of Audience) Order 1999 provides that a lay representative may not exercise any right of audience:–

(a)

where his client does not attend the hearing;

(b)

at any stage after judgment; or

©

on any appeal brought against any decision made by the district judge in the proceedings.

(3)

However the court, exercising its general discretion to hear anybody, may hear a lay representative even in circumstances excluded by the Order.

(4)

Any of its officers or employees may represent a corporate party.

Newacre

LoydsTSB - £4,158.82 inc interest @16%

SARS request - July 06

Prelim letter - 19 Sept

Letter back saying how devastated all the lads at Head Office were to hear... - 31 Oct 06

LBA sent - 8th Nov 06(had to send a 2nd as Royal mail lost it)

Summons reg at CC 15th Dec 06

Nice letter saying that they would be refunding £750, no strings! 18 Dec 06

SC&M acknowledged service and will be defending claim in full - 4 Jan 07

25 Jan 07 transferred to mercantile Court with about 50 others

06 Feb 07 SETTLED IN FULL! - £4466(includes a bit extra interest)