New strategy v Abbey - CPR Part 18 Requests

GaryH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok,

Well even if the claim is already allocated to the small claims track then you have nothing to lose by making the request - especially as you've got plenty of time to kill before the hearing anyway!:rolleyes:

Might be worth ringing the court as well, just to clarify whether or not its the final hearing or a prelim.

Hi Gary,

I sent the CPR p18 request to Abbey on 6/8 giving them until 20/8 to respond but surprise, surprise nothing as yet. Would you recommend I now write/email or both giving them longer to comply or should I now just send the N244 order request to the court?

Many thanks in advance

Katie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just send it now. Theres no guarentee you'll get the order, being in the small claims track, but its got to be worth a try.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Just send it now. Theres no guarentee you'll get the order, being in the small claims track, but its got to be worth a try.

Thanks for your reply Gary, I will be sending off requesting the Order to the court today. As you say, its definately worth a try!

I have since had replies from both Clare Fletcher and Inga Kirkman in response to a previous reminder email about the CPR p18 request

"Without prejudice"

Dear Madam,

Abbey does not propose to respond. As you are no doubt aware, Abbey National Plc is now a party to a test case that has commenced in the High Court. Abbey is currently making applications to all County Courts seeking to stay claims pending the outcome of the determination of the test case.

Kind regards,

Inga Kirkman

Senior Associate

Solicitor, NSW

Dear Mrs C

The value of your claim does not entitle you to make a Part 18 request for information. I refer you to the Civil Procedure Rules in this regard.

Kind regards

Clare Fletcher

So according to Inga the test case has commenced in the High Court?!

Hmmmm rung my court to see whether the order has been issued they said it can take up to ten days to come back from the judge:eek:

Do they have a right to cash the £35 cheque in advance or should they only do that if the judge issues the order?

Im gonna wait until Friday and if I have not heard from them I will call them again. Not feeling very hopefull at the moment :(

Why do we all have such problems with the banks and the courts sticking to what we are given to believe is the standard time limits.

The courts give the banks a few more days here and there just incase!!!

And now you (leecabs) have to wait for the courts to order the CPR Part 18 order. I know we have put an incredible amount of work on the banks and courts services but time limits are just that and we on CAG have stuck to our time limits as advised by the book. :evil:

Sorry, feeling stressed at the thought of a stay until next year and no money. Does it show?

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

• 1 month later...

Hi Gary,

Advice or your thoughts on this again would be appreciated and sorry to be a nuisance.

I sent in my N244 CPR part 18 request on 21st August to the Court and heard nothing back from them until I phoned a few days ago to be told by the Clerk that the application had been refused by the Judge and that ALL cases at Peterborough County Court are now Stayed and I would receive notice of this shortly. Gutted, but then....

this mornings postie brought me a General Form of Judgement which reads....

Before District Judge Blomfield setting at Peterborough County Court.

Upon reading an application made by the Claimant

It is Ordered that

The application is listed for hearing on 23rd October 2007 with all parties attending.

This is exactly the same date and time that I originally had for a Directions Hearing. A compliment slip from the Clerk was enclosed advising me that the Judge had again looked at my application and had decided to relist the Hearing.

Any thoughts on why the Judge might relist especially as I only paid the £35 N244 application fee and requested the application be dealt with without a Hearing? Why would the Judge just not then make the Order for Abbey to comply with the CPR part 18 request.

Think I'm just getting my hopes up and the case will probably again be Stayed when I attend the Hearing on the 23rd in which case I will be very annoyed that I have wasted my time

Excellent news! This could be a very good opportunity - I'll help you prepare for the hearing if you like.

How much is the value of the claim again?

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Gary,

That would be fantastic - you're a diamond!

Claim amount is £3466 + Int £665.99 + Court Fee £120 = £4251.99

As it will be half-term week and with 5 young children hubby will need to take a day off work to look after the kids whilst I attend the Hearing on my own so any help with preperation etc would be very much appreciated. I can sense some sleepless nights coming....lol

Many thanks,

Katie

ooo Katie, good luck with that one, just think of the christmas to come if you manage to get it all back before then :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi Gary,

Just a quick question in regards to my imminent Hearing on 23/10 re CPR request - should I have or should I now send Abbey a copy of the N244 and CPR part 18 order request that I originally just sent to the Court?

Cheers,

Katie

No, not necessarily.

I'll help you with this over the weekend - pm me on Saturday morning if you like in case I forget!

• 3 weeks later...